1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

US Track Racers @ Road America, Thursday, 17 July 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CAM5
    Car: US Track Cars (muscle cars)
    Track: Road America
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race On

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (30 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules:Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Björn Golda
    3. Daniel Linder
    4. Gundars Brigis
    5. Arunas Linkevicius
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  2. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Really, really interesting and fun cars, especially considering they do differ quite a lot in terms of handling (brakes in particular). I'd recommend to give them all a try for a few laps before settling on one :)

That being said, I'm in! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Away from Wednesday so disappointed I miss this.

• Love Love x 1
  4. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

Yeah, I can do this.

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

142 views, 3 signups,,,,,someone out there is interested.....please sign up!
    Fun Fun, FUN in the summertime, ya know?

6. Dennis, a good portion of those views are most likely me :geek:. I want to know what is going on while I am on vacation... so I visit every so often :ninja:

By the way... if I was at home, I would most certainly sign up for all three events this week.

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

Sing me up please ;)

8. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm in as maybe :)

9. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Not many names on da list. Vacation much?

Lets hope tonight's race is a epic as they used to

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

My setup for the Cadi, a bit more work needed, isn't that what P2 is for?

Sorry, I meant to post this earlier this morning :(

Attached Files:

11. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

I have yet to decide what car to pick. Due to limited time, I haven't had the time to any practice at all :whistling:

12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Sounds like you're ready Dan, only 6-7 laps in here.

13. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Hmm, I can't join. Says unknown when it comes to cars.
    No idea why, I have re-installed Race On, but still wont work

// EDIT

My bad, it works now. All muscle cars were unticked in the Sim Racing Manager.

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Btw, I despise these cars more than anything. I can't drive or control them. One of the few events where I wont be competitive at all. Those Gen5 cars were at least somewhat okay, but these ones? They should be Six Feet Under.

15. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

This was the first and last time, that I will ever race with these cars. They are extremely boring, and every corner feels like it could be your last. I said in the game, that I didn't had fun, and that was the true. Never again.

Got off to a good start, and manage to hold the lead for a few laps. But I knew @Björn Golda were much faster. So when he was close enough, to overtake me, I simply let him. Little later @Arunas Linkevicius were starting to breath down my neck, and it wasn't much I could do to hold him off, so he passed me later on. Arunas lost control of the car 1-2 laps later, so I pass him, but he was soon back and passed me again. On the same lap, or lap after, I lost control of the car and received terminal damage and the race was over.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

Sadly must pull out of the race in the most interesting place(was great battle with Dennis),because there was one grasshopper in the hause,and my wife was screaming all around,so i must go and catch this small beast .. ...Oh, these women.:D

• Haha Haha x 2
  17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Gundars Brigis , I don't know whether to give you a thumbs up, winner, funny or creative for that one :roflmao:

18. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I actually liked these cars. Sure, quite the beasts, but a nice breath of fresh air :)

Credit where credit's due: I used an almost unchanged setup by Yves Larose who, as fortune had it, has published setups for all four of these cars, for this track.

Gave every car a few laps in single player training and settled on the Charger. The Cam was pretty nice, as well, but given we do race them in Gen5 events, I wanted something new :)

I quickly got to 2:23-ish times and managed to find a few more seconds and tenths throughout the practice sessions putting me into pole after qualifying. Then, race time approached and I started.. lousy. Average actual start, missed T2, went back into P4.
    However, I quickly regained P3 from Arunas which might have been crucial as he had drastically improved in the warmup session :confused:
    Passed Dennis a while later and went to hunt Daniel - finally passed him in L4 and claimed P1.
    Unsurprisingly, Arunas was at 4 seconds behind me at some time, however, he had some small offs, I could relax a bit and managed to make it to the finish line :)

Thanks for racing everyone, I'd definitely like to race these cars once more some time.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm with @Daniel Linder , these cars looks very promising at first try, but killers at the race.. It's mascare, just like grasshoper in the house :D
    But it was fun anyway :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I guess I'll have to make this one up to a few of you but all events can't be super. If more were on track it might have been different so a "Thank You" to those that did come out to try these cars.

I had a driveable car but I wasn't anything special in it. I just tried to keep it on the road and mostly did that. Bjorn took off with Daniel and Arunas had picked up his pace since quaili so I tried to stay up on Gundars. An ff for me, an off for Gundars and that's the way it was until the bugs came to take over his home. Lonely for a while until Daniel started slipping all over the track and Arunas started drifting, I guess he was wanting to get behind me and then make a come back but he slipped too much during his chase.

Don't worry guys, I like good driving cars too but we have a pretty vast garage of also ran's to put through their paces.

• Like Like x 1