AC [US Server] GT3 @ Silverstone Sun 29 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Jeff Lasecki
Number:19
Body Color:dark blue
Stripe color:white
Number Color:white

Thanks Jeff this should really help studdering problems going from 200megs to 9. Plus keeps everyone identifiable. :)
I would have to change the border to do white number on white stripe. Its just has a light grey border. Is black # OK, Good Thanks

Really, the administrator is already bucking the system. oh well. I just won't do them then. :)

Dude, I am not trying to shove this down anybody's throat. If people want to run their own skin fine. I thought this was what people wanted. To elimante variables when we race. Plus identify folks. If this is going to be a divisive topic then forget it. I'm not going to do all the work if it's not going to be a club rule. Everythings cool.

Car type: Mclaren
Number: 20
Body Color: Green (Pictured)
Stripe color: Black
Number Color: Black

Alternatively if you wanted that one, I'll do:

Car type: Mclaren
Number: 20
Body Color: Black
Stripe color: White
Number Color: Black

Dude, I am not trying to shove this down anybody's throat. If people want to run their own skin fine. I thought this was what people wanted. To elimante variables when we race. Plus identify folks. If this is going to be a divisive topic then forget it. I'm not going to do all the work if it's not going to be a club rule. Everythings cool.

I think they are a great thing to use for us that come often and want them so people know that if you stay long enough you can get some cool stuff (plus I think they look sweet). :D

It was a joke man.

When did we say we had to run these? Damn you Jeff Fine I'll figure out what color combo I want. (then run the default skin and claim I forgot lol) :sneaky:

This was supposed to be a joke but after reading it, it comes off way to harsh. My apologizes. Thanks for offering the help @Jeff Lasecki.

I'm not going to make people use them for club races but it would be nice to have them for league events.

C:):)l, but really I'm not upset, i know writing fact sometimes sounds bitter. If it's not something that we want to do I'm cool with it, so lets just see if we have a consensus at the next race. I think that part of making rules and guidelines is removing drama so we can focus on racing and having fun. When people start stating that their computer is stuttering. It can send people scrambling to see if it's the track, or server, or their computer, or the latest upgrade, or the car mod or the skin, or ping or, or, or, lol :) Just trying to eliminate some variables and having a few volunteers handling the skins would help. Like having a server committee, skin committee, track committee and so one it just helps keep consensus and makes things run smooth when somebody can't make it. Like Saleem, Chris and Logan doing the server stuff it helps.

C:):)l, but really I'm not upset, i know writing fact sometimes sounds bitter. If it's not something that we want to do I'm cool with it, so lets just see if we have a consensus at the next race. I think that part of making rules and guidelines is removing drama so we can focus on racing and having fun. When people start stating that their computer is stuttering. It can send people scrambling to see if it's the track, or server, or their computer, or the latest upgrade, or the car mod or the skin, or ping or, or, or, lol :) Just trying to eliminate some variables and having a few volunteers handling the skins would help. Like having a server committee, skin committee, track committee and so one it just helps keep consensus and makes things run smooth when somebody can't make it. Like Saleem, Chris and Logan doing the server stuff it helps.
As we have discussed graphics and such is a part of my profession. While I don't want to take on a big job to make sim racing more work than fun, I'm up for helping out where I can. You get the designs, I can alter colors, numbers, ect.

Guys you are awesome, but you don't have to do all of this now. I know you are wanting to pitch in and I appreciate that, but this is our relax time hobby. No extra work needs to be done.

Honestly I think someone needs to look at those custom skins and see what is the problem when you go to save them that is making them so freaking big. Also I think this stuff should be done for the league racing. Where we will know how many people will participate and in what vehicles (I know duh gt3 lol) .

Thanks for all the offers and if you still want to do it by all means go for it.

Guys you are awesome, but you don't have to do all of this now. I know you are wanting to pitch in and I appreciate that, but this is our relax time hobby. No extra work needs to be done.

Honestly I think someone needs to look at those custom skins and see what is the problem when you go to save them that is making them so freaking big. Also I think this stuff should be done for the league racing. Where we will know how many people will participate and in what vehicles (I know duh gt3 lol) .

Thanks for all the offers and if you still want to do it by all means go for it.
The resolution makes the files massive. And on top of that, they probably use inefficient .DDS settings that leave it a huge file.

Default size is 1024x1024. Or 1,048,576 square pixels.
Most addon skins are 4096x4096. Or 16,777,216 square pixels.

Quite a bit more... And if you don't compress that down correctly, you need at least a current gen, mid-range graphics card to handle 4K textures.

Lol, that's the point what you just said went over most peoples heads. It's all good.
It wasn't that much work but I did'nt realize skins were so important. Ok let's change the subject to something thats not so sensative. I think Iracing is better than AC.

Lol, that's the point what you just said went over most peoples heads. It's all good.
It wasn't that much work but I did'nt realize skins were so important. Ok let's change the subject to something thats not so sensative. I think Iracing is better than AC.
It's not sensitive just seemed that way with my foo-bared post (you had to hear it in my head, way funnier)

"I think Iracing is better than AC."

oh-no-you-didnt-29.gif

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back