AC [US Server] GT3 @ Magione Circuit 6 July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Here's another results screen, with time the gaps in it:
2014_07_07_race.jpg

And the results of the qualy [but in the final screen I was listed on P3 instead, in the basic-app as well, though I think I drove my 1:11.201 later in time than Fred L., so he should've been on P3, -don't know exactly(who drove the laptime at first)]:
2014_07_07_qualy.jpg

Last edited:
Great race guys. I think that the rolling start is a must have now. It just makes the first turn or lap mayhem nonexistent. The talent level is getting tighter overall. Can't wait for league racing with you all.

My race for me was a mess. The track doesn't put really any load into the tires and I suffered dearly running the hard tires. I couldn't get heat into them at all the whole race and never got all of them in the operating range. So the result was terminal oversteer. It sucked for laps at a time trying to get the car to do much of anything I wanted. We had quite a bit of close racing!

I like racing tracks like this. It allows me to learn more about the car and how to set it up. Also I see every track as a challenge to learn its story and how to navigate it. To get a good lap on this track it feels like you have to make the car dance.

My race was also a mess. I somehow posted a good qualifying time (best in the car on this track so far). @Marco Waechter, I posted the time before you did. I took a screenshot when I did it just to show I had a qualifying time better than @Chris Stacey :)....but that didn't last! It wouldn't have mattered, I went a little wide in the first turn and @Ben Protheroe got by me on the inside. A lap or so later, I goofed and @Michael Young got by me, unfortunately in turn 2, I braked too late and although it didn't register a hit on my side, it spun Michael around. That threw me off for a little bit and when I got straightened out, it led to a tangle with @Jordan Rees. That put me back of the pack where I am used to being :(.

One good thing in the race was after that incident, I started clawing my way back into things. There was a pack of 5-6 quite a bit ahead, and I caught up to them...then just when I got within striking distance, I got caught up in an accident ahead. Cars that were moving, weren't moving anymore and *wham*.

After that, I sort of resorted to survival mode since there was still about half of the race left.

I know ppl say the McLaren has different characteristics as you lose fuel, the BMW is the same way. It wallowed a bit with full fuel, and I kept braking too late, but it still turned in. The car seemed most alive mid race where I started posting some good times, but towards the end The car got extremely slick. and the car had almost no turn in anymore. The hard tires were at 98% at the end of the race.

I recorded the race, and It is encoding now, says there is still an hour till it is done though :(. I'll post a link to the race when it gets finished, may be several hours since I still need to get some sleep :p.

Finally got it uploaded, it is still processing at YT...but should be done in 20 min.

Thx man for sharing this! Respect for giving back the position to @Joao M Alves! :thumbsup:
I should have gone for the same thing instead of that crappy tentative of streaming :(

By the way lots of info on your HUD! Watch out those flipping numbers are like drug!
You can't help but watch them and the longer you use them, the more you need them!!
I personally feel I'd be more distracted checking if my delta is better on the current lap... in the end I use the old method: car ahead approching? Going fast! Car behind approaching? Going slow! :D

By the way lots of info on your HUD! Watch out those flipping numbers are like drug!
You can't help but watch them and the longer you use them, the more you need them!!
I personally feel I'd be more distracted checking if my delta is better on the current lap...

I hear ya. I'm getting rid of a few. I was kinda testing the map on the top left, but don't really like it. I was testing out the fuel thing at the bottom left, but it isn't really necessary. I wasn't sure just how much fuel was needed for this race and was a little paranoid about running out of gas!

The tire temp app isn't really necessary for the race, But I keep forgetting to turn it off coming race time! It is kinda helpful to see what % tires are left at the end of the race though. If we could get proper telemetry with all this info, you could actually find out some of this stuff after a race, instead of having it active to see before it gets lost when you finish a race.

The Delta app, I don't really look at it, I can see the size of the bar from the bottom of my vision. I think it is too large though. I need to look into the .py file to see if I can edit it a bit to make it smaller with less numbers floating around.

I was kinda testing the map on the top left, but don't really like it.
Especially looking at it at the infamous 24:45 where I had that terrible spike at Ingresso Curvone after the long straight. Second, slowing down arrow is the unfortunate me. :mad:

On a side note, I've noticed that when I brake hard, sometimes the lag is more noticeable. Anyone else has encountered/experienced this? It never happen to me in this proportion. 3 seconds freeze, I honestly thought the PC was going into the blue screen...

Anyway Fred I agree on everything you've said. Especially for the fuel consumption. I think next time I'll put 10 laps more of fuel. I ran out of gas on the 45th lap precisely, and I put 8 ltrs more at the beginning.

It was a good race for me. I really nailed the balance of being fast and keeping the tires alive for most of the race. I ran on medium compound, as I found the hard one was very slippery. I really love the rythm on this track, only problem is too short and almost no passing oportunities. First three places were very close together most of the race. At some points @Chris Stacey was getting away, but then we get close together. Also, at the middle of the race @Ben Protheroe was putting a lot of pressure on me. I had some hairy moments as I overheat the rear tires and had the tail of the car sliding on the final sector. At the very end of the race I tried everything to pass Chris, but was not able, he did not put a wheel wrong the whole race. Lapped cars did a great job, thank you guys !

Thanks everyone for the race. Really enjoy the events here, and being on teamspeak while racing is plain fun.

Cheers

It was a good race for me. I really nailed the balance of being fast and keeping the tires alive for most of the race. I ran on medium compound, as I found the hard one was very slippery. I really love the rythm on this track, only problem is too short and almost no passing oportunities. First three places were very close together most of the race. At some points @Chris Stacey was getting away, but then we get close together. Also, at the middle of the race @Ben Protheroe was putting a lot of pressure on me. I had some hairy moments as I overheat the rear tires and had the tail of the car sliding on the final sector. At the very end of the race I tried everything to pass Chris, but was not able, he did not put a wheel wrong the whole race. Lapped cars did a great job, thank you guys !

Thanks everyone for the race. Really enjoy the events here, and being on teamspeak while racing is plain fun.

Cheers
Yeah I find that passing is extremely difficult on this track. The only real place I found you can get a decent attempt in is going into turn 2. To pull it off both parties have to be mature about it.

It has been some great racing here and tryiing out different strategies has been fun. Also having a bad race and not quitting has been a great learning experience. I really blew it going with the hard tires! They just plain suck on this track but given the distance I wasn't sure the mediums could make it.

Also big shout out to Kunos for giving us this amazing sim to have these debates and races about the tires!

I wonder how much of it is due to the tires wearing, and how much the car changes with lighter fuel loads. I had did some testing the night before with the bmw using about 30L of fuel and did changes on the car based on that.

During qualifying, I originally went out with medium tires just to post a time. It was ok. Car seemed to handle ok. I then put on the soft tires and minimal fuel and the car was really skittish. Hard to explain (because I am not an expert :) ), but it seemed to get looser a little with the low fuel, but was a hell of a lot faster. I felt like I was about to fly off the track, but I had just enough grip to reign it in. I really wish I had recorded that qualifying lap because it would have looked a mess, but every time I was about to lose it, I noticed I was *GAINING* time on the delta meter.

With the hards, in the final 10 or so laps, I felt like I was skating, and I am not sure if it was the tires and was just because of the lighter fuel load. I finished with 98% on the tires so I feel it wasn't really the tires. It wasn't till right after qualifying that I decided on the hards...shoulda gave it a shot with the mediums also, i felt i would have done better.

Also twice towards the end of the race, I just got part of the curb and it sent me sliding. Something didn't feel right either time. I wasn't flooring the throttle at the time so there was no reason for the car to do that.

Also twice towards the end of the race, I just got part of the curb and it sent me sliding. Something didn't feel right either time. I wasn't flooring the throttle at the time so there was no reason for the car to do that.
Idk man... but sometimes happens to me but when it does it's because the slip angle indicator is atrociously red... maybe it was because of that? Mystery! :confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back