AC [US Server] GT2 @ Imola - Wednesday, August 27th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi everybody,

I would join your race with pleasure :).
Just to let you know that i'm from EU and I hope to not create any ping issues.

PS: I'm aware of the time difference:whistling:

Thx. Sounds great!
I'm gonna practise, hoping to beat at least the Australian's ping. :)

Fun race! Lots of errors but fun! :rolleyes:
Btw I felt like a white fly... it was just me with the p4/5! well... I saw it was no match with your corvettes... at least... in my hands... :roflmao:
Looking frwrd to next event!
Cheers!

Great race guys!
2014-08-27_00008.jpg

I had an absolute blast! Great race. Sorry Fred for not staying put in the gravel. I take responsibility for it.

Jordan what a well earned finish! That was an absolute blast racing against you!

Guess I had quite the lonely race. Mucked up a potential 1:43 on my final pole lap which gave Chris pole. Figured it was worth the risk to run softs instead of mediums for the race as I was worried about the pesky M3 GT2 runners and their pace :p.

That decision won me the race. I was 2 seconds a lap faster than the field for about 8 laps while Chris, Geoffroy and Joao battled it out for 2nd and from there the gap basically hovered around 20 seconds. My tyres ended up lasting quite a while, was constantly in the 45's and 46's for around 20 laps and it wasn't really until 25 or 26 laps in before they started to fall away. Only dropped to 94% on the front and 93% on the rears though, so it's definitely a tyre that can last an hour around Imola in the Corvette. :)

Guess I had quite the lonely race. Mucked up a potential 1:43 on my final pole lap which gave Chris pole. Figured it was worth the risk to run softs instead of mediums for the race as I was worried about the pesky M3 GT2 runners and their pace :p.

That decision won me the race. I was 2 seconds a lap faster than the field for about 8 laps while Chris, Geoffroy and Joao battled it out for 2nd and from there the gap basically hovered around 20 seconds. My tyres ended up lasting quite a while, was constantly in the 45's and 46's for around 20 laps and it wasn't really until 25 or 26 laps in before they started to fall away. Only dropped to 94% on the front and 93% on the rears though, so it's definitely a tyre that can last an hour around Imola in the Corvette. :)

Huge credit to you mate! You chose to gamble on the softs, and it paid off handsomely!

Qualifying: 1st
Race: DNF

My race was reasonably un-eventful in between a gluttony of mistakes.
I had a good first couple of laps, just holding up the pack for a bit, before I ran slightly wide on the final corner, and Justin got a run on me, and from then on it was just a formality.

I really cannot seem to get a good rhythm around Imola in anything other than a Formula Abarth, and even then it's not that great. I suppose it's because it's a very stop-start track, which doesn't suit my driving style.
Still, I was amazed I took pole, the lap felt brilliant, but I was wary of Justin, because I know how incredibly quick he is around here.

DNF'd at the end because I wasn't catching anyone, and I wasn't being caught be anyone, also, I binned it at Acqua Minerale on lap 27 and lost interest and kinda gave up. lol

It's a shame Joao's game crashed, because it seemed like we were going to be in for a tight battle.

Cheers guys!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 338 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years