AC [US SERVER] GP2 @ Mugello - Monday, August 11th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just realized I can't make this one on account of it being my birthday and all :D
Happy Birthday for then. :)

Pirelli called me up for some GP2 tyre testing earlier today. Let's just say that this race/races will give everyone a good vibe of 2013 spec F1 Pirelli tyres. :p

Grip is great until 5 or 6 laps in, and then rear traction starts to fall away. By around lap 10 any sort of rear grip is basically a commodity, especially in sector 1.

I haven't made it past 11 laps yet without terminally banking my car in the gravel due to a spin. Rivali OV1 reads the front tyres at 92% and the rears at 90% at this point. If anyone gets through this race without a spin they're either crazy or Sergio Perez in disguise. :p

Happy Birthday for then. :)

Pirelli called me up for some GP2 tyre testing earlier today. Let's just say that this race/races will give everyone a good vibe of 2013 spec F1 Pirelli tyres. :p

Grip is great until 5 or 6 laps in, and then rear traction starts to fall away. By around lap 10 any sort of rear grip is basically a commodity, especially in sector 1.

I haven't made it past 11 laps yet without terminally banking my car in the gravel due to a spin. Rivali OV1 reads the front tyres at 92% and the rears at 90% at this point. If anyone gets through this race without a spin they're either crazy or Sergio Perez in disguise. :p

Justin what times were you getting if you don't mind me asking? I did some laps last night with some friends and yes it's not going to be a easy race at all. After 3 laps I was starting to feel the tyres going. I stopped at lap 8. I did manage to get better lap times every lap untill lap 8. But I'm not sure how my tyres were setup on server. I'm still trying to figure the tire wear in the Server Configuration Launcher.
Then I tried the F1 2014 cars it was so much better to drive. Just sayin!! No pun intended!!

<Mod Edit: Times don't matter. It's a club event, there's no prizes for coming first, regardless of how quick you may or may not be.>
I don't even know what a good time is with those cars. Maybe I will find out thru someone on here.
Thanks guys sorry I have to opt out of this one!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So after a wee bit of testing, the tyres seem to be able to last the distance, it's just a matter of managing the overheating.
On the pitstraight, they're getting up over 125 degrees celcius, which makes T1 very difficult.

15 laps is more than possible. My tyres were down to 92% after 12 laps. It's just a matter of keeping the rear temps down.
If you can do that, then you'll be in good shape :)

So after a wee bit of testing, the tyres seem to be able to last the distance, it's just a matter of managing the overheating.
On the pitstraight, they're getting up over 125 degrees celcius, which makes T1 very difficult.

15 laps is more than possible. My tyres were down to 92% after 12 laps. It's just a matter of keeping the rear temps down.
If you can do that, then you'll be in good shape :)

Guess I'm naturally a bit too punishing on my rear tyres then haha.

Minimising mistakes will also pay dividends here too. A spin of any sort will pretty much always take 1% out of the rear tyres in those few seconds alone, and it's not that hard to spin these things. To add to that, the last few laps will be difficult to keep the car planted without losing too much time even if you protect the tyres early in the race, not to mention getting involved in wheel to wheel battles that will increase tyre deg.

I've actually come to really enjoy this combo though, so it shall be fun regardless. I might just go all early career Hamilton and not worry about conserving tyres and hope I build enough of a gap to whoever I'm racing to protect late in the race, might be more fun that way. :p

Me too please?
(maybe the go past the start... hit escape method could be a wise move. 99% tires vs 90% tires will be fun at the end. WEB &RIC have used that. One a little more successfully)

Last edited:
Ok, guys whats the final verdict? I think the tyre wear reduced to 50% (still putting us around 90% by the 20th lap) is the fairest option But the pits could be fun too, if you're willing to take a gamble. (book as early as you can;)) I'm willing to do two races for this one, lets just not make a habit of that. The polls are open for an hour and a half get your votes in!

If 2x15 lap races are available then that is the option I'd like. 100% tyre wear is more true to life and it opens up the opportunities for tyre conservation and stopping in the pits. Only problem is if I can't load into the server quickly when I have that issue I sometimes have, I might miss the start of the second race. However I think I know a method to get around this issue so it should be no problem as long as there's a few minutes of wait time between booking ending and the race start. :)

My vote goes to the two 15 lappers.

But I'm happy to do the 50% tyre wear 20 lap race if that's what is most popular.
I don't want to do the pitstop one because the leaderboard gets messed up as soon as someone pits.

I m a late ring in so my vote doesn't count but I think 50% wear is ok. They would still degrade for "realism". We don't have a team of engineers monitoring the tyre performance app. Honestly just circulating in these car is fun enough. Throw in others dudes, track evolution and team speak banter and there are enough challenges for the nerdiest of us all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back