AC [US Server] Ferrari 599xx EVO @ Mugello 9 July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Awesome (once more) race all ! Pretty pretty close, even in qualy.
Started from Pole. Quite some laps later I got a bit wide in ' last corner and had use 2nd gear (instead 3rd) to aviod the gravel, because of pressure from two fast guys (Stacey + another) gotten close behind and a few meters too late braking from me there. After that they got through and I was on P3. Luckily (for me) the guys battling in P1+2 then went into some contact close pre the first uphill high speed right-hander and I was on P1 again until lap ~26 -or something like that towards the end of the race-, when Kevin did still very quick laps (1:47s) and got me in t1 after I was braking late and going wide a little (but he was faster at that time anyway).
I was almost fine as long as my tires (mediums, he also) were still at 98% grip, but in the last laps at only 97% and some tires already only at 96%, I lost some corner speed here and there and it was impossible for me to do 1:47s anymore, and even 1:48s was hard to manage then on the used tires.

Race:
2014_07_10_race.jpg

Qualy:
2014_07_10_qualy.jpg

2-Eleven Lesson #14:
How to hit the apex.

Hitting the apex while racing on a track is one of the most important aspects in getting a good laptime. Today I show you how to accurately hit those apexes, and shave seconds off your laptimes.

LOL - nice Chris, great car control - that looks like a maneuver straight out of the Police Academy Driving School!:)

It was good Racin' with you all. I started next to last in both races and finished 5th in the 599x and 2nd in the 211 - not due to my great driving ability but, more to attrition and reasonably good consistency on my part. Saleem just slowly kept pulling away in the 211, I swear I could see a big smiley face attached to his name tag near the end! :)

Thanks to all who showed up and the staff for the event put on ;):thumbsup:, it was a great racing with you all, sorry about the mic I thing I broke the wire or something but I'll look into it, that 211 is a hand full with out a clutch "she was such a bad girl" but I hope I can get a thrustmaster shifter in the future sometime.

Looking forward to seeing you on the track:)

@Saleem Hodge hope you don't drive that bus like the 211 :D

Unfortunately no fun race for me yesterday... :(
I'm glad you enjoyed the event cause I seriously had one of my worst drives ever.
I couldn't really focus at all... It seemed so different compared what I was doing during my private runs. A different planet.
After a kind-of-ok start then I ended up out driving like :poop: so badly that after the nth spin I just decided to quit and considered that maybe next time I need to train a bit more with cars I'm not well acquainted with before attempting something like this.
Nontheless... Really awesome to drive with you guys! Big hands to everyone

This sim just kicks you in the butt too much. Like Emilio, I thought I would do OK, but when you don't have that much time in with a car/track it is tough ....especially when you have full tanks and then have to deal with the tires going off later in the race.

I really wish there was a way to adjust the wear of the tire in the pits so you can do some practicing with say 97% left on the tires.

I did have some fun with the 211 after the race. Some mindless fun after that long race was what I needed.

I also didn't enjoy the main race much. I always have a blast with you all but I struggled to come to terms with this beast. Every time I started to get into a rhythm, I would find that it would do something unexpected and I would end up in the kitty litter!

Now on to my triumph in the 2/11! It was glorious lol. And yes @Dean Ogurek is completely correct, I was smiling from ear to ear the whole race! I just love that little monster!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back