US Help with leagues

Mike Davies

Racers In Pyjamas
Hey guys, Im just about to pay for premium and I wanted to start racing with you guys. Im looking to get into some sort of league where there is a championship and tallied points involved, is that offered here at all? I see all the one time events which look great, just also looking for a continuous league to join as well.

Hey guys, Im just about to pay for premium and I wanted to start racing with you guys. Im looking to get into some sort of league where there is a championship and tallied points involved, is that offered here at all? I see all the one time events which look great, just also looking for a continuous league to join as well.
Sorry but there isn't at the moment. But who knows what the future may hold.:)

Wait, Kenny, so who gave you the backmarker championship then?? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I believe I am more deserving!!

Seriously Mike, you made a good call, people here race like gents, alien/gents; and with more people racing from here in the US race times should get better.

It would be nice to hear "management" speak to the possibility of doing leagues soon; is this something we can do with volunteers helping? just a q...

We had someone volunteer and start up a US version of our club races. He did his best. Unfortunately, only 2 of us (other than the organizer) showed up. I think that was the most we got.
So, I doubt we will ever get scheduled events (again), just for US drivers - not enough people.

It's tough to compete against the likes of leagues/championships that have sponsors that give away prizes. A series would have to be structured similar to how Sector3 does some of their contests. Whereby, anyone (any skill level participating) could win prizes to keep participation up and give people motivation to drive around in last place to stay in the game.

Until we (US drivers) are greater in number, we will just have to hang with the great bunch of guys all over the world, where and when we can.

We had someone volunteer and start up a US version of our club races. He did his best. Unfortunately, only 2 of us (other than the organizer) showed up. I think that was the most we got.
So, I doubt we will ever get scheduled events (again), just for US drivers - not enough people.
That guy is me. I was observing this thread for a bit. Basically what Azfalt said is true. The turnout was low indeed and I had to pull the plug. But don't count on this one over and out.

If we get more interested peeps in seeing the club back on its feet again, with good turnouts, fun and else, let me know. Right now I'm on two fronts, so I can't dedicate my time for R3E. But if you believe you can get a good American club going on R3E, send me a convo talk and we'll sort out the details, because as Lars said nowadays, only staffers make events, barred a few games (like Project Cars and Forza, where it's both on an another platform or multiplatforms.

I am counting 4 of us at this point, true, not many but worth checking with other US based doing R3E, maybe they want to join; there are also some brazilians and argentinians running in their own leagues but in similar time zones.

Could RD send out an invite to US racers currently on Premium membership inviting them to check out this thread? If we get a decent number we could try to agree for starters on a once a week day/time and see how it goes.

Worth trying, ain't it?

I am counting 4 of us at this point, true, not many but worth checking with other US based doing R3E, maybe they want to join; there are also some brazilians and argentinians running in their own leagues but in similar time zones.

Could RD send out an invite to US racers currently on Premium membership inviting them to check out this thread? If we get a decent number we could try to agree for starters on a once a week day/time and see how it goes.

Worth trying, ain't it?
Hey Im all for that! That would be great not having to wake up at 8am sunday morning :)

Like @Lorenzo Bonder said, I'll have a better answer after August (when I move back to the mainland US). Even then, it depends on what my job allows since I work stupid hours that change every so often.

To have a true "championship league", I think we'll have to have at least 10 regulars for each race. If we want more, maybe every premium member could invite one non-premium member to join. This would provide more drivers while also providing better exposure to the premium side of RD.

One suggestion: What is possible to do is grab one of the free days we have on the American calendar and attempt to run a race and grab as much people as possible and try to get the ones that are inside the American timezones to race.

But in the meanwhile, I'm not fully able to commit to this club because right now I'm on a single man effort, so that would depend on more of your guys will than anything else (my will is over 9000, trust me)

Weekdays I get home from work at 3pm EST(19:00 GMT), So I just miss the club race's . But I have to be work the next day at 4am EST. I usually fall asleep before the US Club evening race's. If you guys do one night a week to start.Just to see if interest I'll make sure I'm there. Might fall asleep at the wheel :) Wednesday or Thursday 8pm EST I didn't see any US race's then. Days and time just a suggestion to get started.

Weekdays I get home from work at 3pm EST(19:00 GMT), So I just miss the club race's . But I have to be work the next day at 4am EST. I usually fall asleep before the US Club evening race's. If you guys do one night a week to start.Just to see if interest I'll make sure I'm there. Might fall asleep at the wheel :) Wednesday or Thursday 8pm EST I didn't see any US race's then. Days and time just a suggestion to get started.

Thanks for the input Randy. I thought about Wednesday for a possible R3E race, somewhere around that time. I don't know what other people think

So, Lorenzo, you being staff can tell us what steps we would need to take for getting a RD sanctioned race up, a league? we could start by agreeing to one date that everyone here in this group can do consistently, not always necessarily, and maybe agree to less restrictive rules than more populated leagues; like attendance be over 50%, not like three strikes you're out.

In the meantime we can call on freemiums and others in similar time zones.
What would be needed to do a 10 race pilot? would RD host the server? what specific help would you need? I am not too bad at organizing stuff but know nothing about how the backstage part works in simracing; I can run a server but would need a hosting location, pws, etc...

If we follow Gerbuho suggestion, maybe 21:00 ET, 18:00 PT would give more chance to west coast guys on weekdays.

How about Sunday evenings? many leagues I see in Europe seem to have great attendance during their Sunday evenings...

Let's keep this going, Lorenzo, Danny, it may be worth the try...

So, Lorenzo, you being staff can tell us what steps we would need to take for getting a RD sanctioned race up, a league? we could start by agreeing to one date that everyone here in this group can do consistently, not always necessarily, and maybe agree to less restrictive rules than more populated leagues; like attendance be over 50%, not like three strikes you're out.

In the meantime we can call on freemiums and others in similar time zones.
What would be needed to do a 10 race pilot? would RD host the server? what specific help would you need? I am not too bad at organizing stuff but know nothing about how the backstage part works in simracing; I can run a server but would need a hosting location, pws, etc...

If we follow Gerbuho suggestion, maybe 21:00 ET, 18:00 PT would give more chance to west coast guys on weekdays.

How about Sunday evenings? many leagues I see in Europe seem to have great attendance during their Sunday evenings...

Let's keep this going, Lorenzo, Danny, it may be worth the try...
A league it's a bit more complicated. It involves a whole lot of backstage work to get it right because well you'll end up competing for prizes and points. It's competition level, not fun and enjoyment level.

Well all that is needed is get a day and I'll create the event and start the server. All I'd need from you guys is to sign up and call your interested friends to race with us. 20:30 EST would be the start of practice, all good with all? Any track or car of choice?

Let's see.

@mycarlooksfast, @Gerbuho, @Loxley, @BoogerMac (when you join us for good in August :)), @Robert Lemon, @St3fan, @Voltaic, @randy66, @Azure Flare

What you guys think?

Of course we still have the freemium factor, so if you got buddies that never drove with us before in RD, let them know that if the interest peaks eh....

I'm all for US events but my work schedule limits me to events hosted on weekdays, which tend to be sparsely populated.

IMO R3E netcode has a long way to go based on my experience in several club races a month or two ago. We were plagued with excessive lag, warping cars, freezing at menus and during transitions, dodgy collision physics, kicking people randomly from the server, etc. Not to mention the always online aspect and the chronic problems users have connecting and staying connected to the server (had this problem with an event sponsored by Lorenzo back when the US club was a thing). This sim would be at the bottom of my list of choices to host a league with.

Well, this thread is about R3E, so that's the sim club we're trying to launch here AFAIK. ;)

No "league" needed IMO, just at least one race a week with consistent attendance to start. I hope we can make it. How many are we there yet?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%