US Club Races.... Slow Drivers NEEDED!

If your like me, perhaps your slow, midfield and/or occasionally fast depending on the track and car, and/or if work and family took all your extra practice time during the week. Or perhaps your another stateside guy wondering if there is anyone racing in the hours when your awake. More importantly, perhaps your rolling thru these forums wondering if a Club Race is a good place to jump in because your not sure your fast enough. I would say that not matter your skill level, YES. RaceDepartment (US Club Races Specifically) NEED you and we especially need slow drivers. If you are fast, we want you too... but you dont perhaps matter as much (to me) but let me explain.

Here is what science has proven...:) We tend to do more or something when its fun. Like driving to fast (Real cars) , drifting on rainy streets (Real Cars), or shooting cows with different colored paintballs (Real Cows ;). Science has also proven that a group of fast guys and one slow guy, is sure to leave the slow guy pondering if the definition of RACING when your alone and the field is a mile ahead of you (pondering is bad) . BUT... what science has also shown is that when 2 slow guys race together, the enjoyment level increases by 98.75%, and decreases the likeliness of either driver pondering the nature or definition of the word RACING. This is where YOU (slow guy) come in. If you show up, and just one other slow guy shows up... EVERYBODY WINS. We essentially decrease the odds of Pondering.... THAT'S GOOD. Science also shows that the increase in fun (98.75%), increases the amount of time we do it (not sure), AND increases our motivation to get better by 54.23%. AMAZING ;) LOL

All jokes and fuax stats aside. Even if your slow, it doesn't take rocket science to see that the US Club races are low on drivers, and this is why perhaps the faster drivers matter less (at least to me). In a race, if I only see the field at the start, or maybe a lap or two... its not really a lot of fun. It also doesn't take rocket science to see that certain people show up only a few time and never come back again. I don't know the reason why this happens, but if they raced alone... I can imagine at least one. Fact is, the US Races need people, and the best way for it to get BIGGER is if YOU, the slow or randomly fast guy, jumps in to race.

No, I don't speak for RaceDepartment. I am just a random guy in the US who has run more US Club Races pondering (That's bad) if what happening is really worth the effort. Thankfully, the US Club races are starting to populate with some different skill level drivers like myself, and I can tell you its 98.75% more fun ;) Bottom line, and THE most important point I can make here.... a race where YOU wreck me in lap 2 in close racing, is better than running 50 laps alone with the field a mile ahead. Even if i have to practice avoiding you, or keeping an eye on you to stay on track... i still learn more than 50 laps of pondering (That's Bad;). So whatever you do, don't think for a moment that you where not invited to come and race or wreck me out. Don't let anything keep you from jumping in, even last minute... You are welcome and more importantly you are NEEDED.

p.s. Here is your free gift for reading this far. If you want to try it out hit up @Lorenzo Bonder or hit me up (and Ill ask for you) to get a for a freemium of the premium RaceDepartment. Wont cost you anything to come run with us for a while and see what its all about. Again, WELCOME I'll see you on track.... hopefully close and hopefully behind me ;)

Well Pete, I am sorry to hear that its kinda everywhere but no matter their opinions I encourage you to race anyway. Here is why. IM sorry its long yet again, but I think there is a benefit to others coming in and wondering about Club Races.

Lets say your trying your best, but you punt someone. So what. First, its a club race... and if they wanted a league race, they can join a league. If they never come back, SO WHAT... we never see them on track anyway. Club races are supposed to be friendly, forgiving and fun, NOT yet another opportunity for the fast guys to hang out and make it all about THEIR NEEDS. I respect them, but Club Races are supposed to be a place where people find their way INTO the community, not yet another place to fear and avoid.

But since your a nice guy, allow me to share my personal race day mistake math. I am a nice guy and I feel bad when it happens...but i dont feel bad for very long. HOW LONG? ANSWER: Time it takes to Apologize + time they are ahead per lap = total time of feeling guilty. Perhaps a little more guilt if i know they guy and he has helped me out in the past. I have respect for fast guys...they have earned their right to beat me like a read headed step child, but I have a right to Club Races and to MAKE MISTAKES.

I feel what is necessary may be for us new guys, us slow guys, to retake what is rightfully design to be a place we belong. Without guilt, and without concern. THEY as the the better drivers can elect to leave, or better yet, participate in making us better. Its their choice, not ours.

Im not trying to start a war, but the fast guys dont matter if the slow guys dont want to participate. They may as well call it a serious weekly club even, and call it a day. I DONT think this is their desire, so I dont let it get in my way and neither should you. At the end of the day, without people participating... well... RaceDepartment doesn't amount to much for me or anyone else.

If your like me, perhaps your slow, midfield and/or occasionally fast depending on the track and car, and/or if work and family took all your extra practice time during the week. Or perhaps your another stateside guy wondering if there is anyone racing in the hours when your awake. More importantly, perhaps your rolling thru these forums wondering if a Club Race is a good place to jump in because your not sure your fast enough. I would say that not matter your skill level, YES. RaceDepartment (US Club Races Specifically) NEED you and we especially need slow drivers. If you are fast, we want you too... but you dont perhaps matter as much (to me) but let me explain.

Here is what science has proven...:) We tend to do more or something when its fun. Like driving to fast (Real cars) , drifting on rainy streets (Real Cars), or shooting cows with different colored paintballs (Real Cows ;). Science has also proven that a group of fast guys and one slow guy, is sure to leave the slow guy pondering if the definition of RACING when your alone and the field is a mile ahead of you (pondering is bad) . BUT... what science has also shown is that when 2 slow guys race together, the enjoyment level increases by 98.75%, and decreases the likeliness of either driver pondering the nature or definition of the word RACING. This is where YOU (slow guy) come in. If you show up, and just one other slow guy shows up... EVERYBODY WINS. We essentially decrease the odds of Pondering.... THAT'S GOOD. Science also shows that the increase in fun (98.75%), increases the amount of time we do it (not sure), AND increases our motivation to get better by 54.23%. AMAZING ;) LOL

All jokes and fuax stats aside. Even if your slow, it doesn't take rocket science to see that the US Club races are low on drivers, and this is why perhaps the faster drivers matter less (at least to me). In a race, if I only see the field at the start, or maybe a lap or two... its not really a lot of fun. It also doesn't take rocket science to see that certain people show up only a few time and never come back again. I don't know the reason why this happens, but if they raced alone... I can imagine at least one. Fact is, the US Races need people, and the best way for it to get BIGGER is if YOU, the slow or randomly fast guy, jumps in to race.

No, I don't speak for RaceDepartment. I am just a random guy in the US who has run more US Club Races pondering (That's bad) if what happening is really worth the effort. Thankfully, the US Club races are starting to populate with some different skill level drivers like myself, and I can tell you its 98.75% more fun ;) Bottom line, and THE most important point I can make here.... a race where YOU wreck me in lap 2 in close racing, is better than running 50 laps alone with the field a mile ahead. Even if i have to practice avoiding you, or keeping an eye on you to stay on track... i still learn more than 50 laps of pondering (That's Bad;). So whatever you do, don't think for a moment that you where not invited to come and race or wreck me out. Don't let anything keep you from jumping in, even last minute... You are welcome and more importantly you are NEEDED.

p.s. Here is your free gift for reading this far. If you want to try it out hit up @Lorenzo Bonder or hit me up (and Ill ask for you) to get a for a freemium of the premium RaceDepartment. Wont cost you anything to come run with us for a while and see what its all about. Again, WELCOME I'll see you on track.... hopefully close and hopefully behind me ;)
i absolutely echo this from aussie point of view also, but racing with the aussie group is fun, they are forgiving, frankly they have no choice, im there and staying, if i get in way, i dont really care to be honest, but i have learnt, not much but a little, i accept im back of grid, some have attempted to "teach" , but frankly it hasn really helped, you just gotta do, laps, then more laps., i ,after 18 months learnt last night theres a settings menu for axis, deadzones etc? never knew it was there! someone told me where to go, and laughed theyre little socks off when i told them my settings? like i should have know they were there?
I know now, wonder what other secrets are hidden in the computer sim 1 and 0 binary world.remember pc is a pc, if its made of number it can be fixed!

It's the mentality that you go in with, as is the same with all things in life.

You may start at the back, where we all did at one point or another, but the pieces come together sooner or later. The road there is filled with good times, friends, amazing moments. To race against the AI when you have ppl to have fun with is missing out.

More academies are coming probably in two weeks time. Apologies, life does get in the way, and I want to accommodate you all.

It's the mentality that you go in with, as is the same with all things in life.

You may start at the back, where we all did at one point or another, but the pieces come together sooner or later. The road there is filled with good times, friends, amazing moments. To race against the AI when you have ppl to have fun with is missing out.

More academies are coming probably in two weeks time. Apologies, life does get in the way, and I want to accommodate you all.
was hugely impressed with mr Haba lesson i had, id had a big day and was tired, initially i picked up the tips, but was just too tired i became a drone, i cant wait to do this again, I will be refreshed when i next join.

Hey folks,

sorry I was very late to the party but I feel I need to give my $0.02.

We in the US club we welcome all kinds of drivers, fast, slow, average. An additional bantering is always welcome.

Just because you think you might not be fast enough compared to your competitors, that shouldn't mean you're not capable to race with us. Everyone at some point starts in the back of the field, I started back in the field to stay at least in the mid-front pack of the field.

The always have a good time on the US club, we like to banter around, help each other out, and the more that come the merrier. It's bigger the competition, bigger the fun. Remember! Our target in the club is never to engage in furious high octane races. That becomes actually a consequence of the fun, light and casual race we want to bring to you guys first and foremost.

Competition 100% we do that in the leagues, and as said, the Club Races are the opposite. And we do it races regularly because it what takes us away from the daily routine we have, the same o' same o'.

But I like Mark said, the slow guys have the most to gain. You'll gain experience from watching the field, mirroring drive style or racing line. The more laps, more mileage, more XP and eventually more driver battles and better finish position you'll get. And certainly, more fun, because you'll know that you had people with you to share that racing experience.

So don't be afraid or demotivated to race. Try racing in the clubs and keep on persisting, you'll certainly see how much fun you've missed with the lost time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%