US Americans offer to serve part of Manning´s penalty.

Manning will likely get over 100 years in prison due to him being a real, patriotic US American.
The interesting thing is a lot of Americans are willing to sit part of his penalty for him.

Supporters of Bradley Manning are willing to put their life on the line and serve part of his potential 136-year prison sentence and are urging the military judge in charge of the case to consider this option.

The online petition titled "I Will Proudly Serve Part of Bradley Manning's Sentence," has gathered more than 1,700 signatures out of 2000 needed to submit it to Major General Jeffrey S. Buchanan, who will review the sentence of Bradley Manning once the military judge Colonel Denise Lind makes the ruling.

The petitioners in their request claim that “If we each volunteer to serve part of his sentence... it would bring attention to the amount of time this young man has been sentenced to and, hopefully reduce his sentence to time served.”

In submitting their signatures, the petitioners must acknowledge that “Bradley Manning provided information to the American people which our own government would not provide. He did us all a favor and, in turn I am willing to serve part of his sentence.”

If such a request is to get accepted by the US authorities, it would mean that each participant would serve less than a month, if divided into equal parts.

Petitioners age from young to old. “I am age 68 and propose that, strictly as a practical matter, volunteers should serve Bradley's sentence from oldest to youngest. I'd feel privileged to go first,” one responded posted under the petition.

But most people agree that Manning’s leaks served the public good. “One day I hope my country won’t engage in the unwarranted massacre of civilians that was captured in the footage he released. He did us all a service by releasing that video,” one post stated.

Manning was convicted on 20 charges on Tuesday including several violations of the Espionage Act, but was acquitted of aiding the enemy, the most serious charge. The sentencing phase of Manning's trial began on Wednesday and is expected to take up to a month.

Would you do it? If i was from USA my name would be on the list.
Manning is a real hero.

15.si.jpg

If 1000 people would jump in...hell, it'd be worth it. However, they should make sure that the leaders of the NRA are amongst them.

Tom

ok, tahk you, looks like the US government is very afraid about the thruth coming out to the public, Obama is really letting me down, i never thought that this kind of actions against people who just told the thrut (Manning, Snowden) would be enforced in obama's presidency, i would expect something like that from Bush presidency, but not from Obama's :thumbsdown:

ok, tahk you, looks like the US government is very afraid about the thruth coming out to the public, Obama is really letting me down, i never thought that this kind of actions against people who just told the thrut (Manning, Snowden) would be enforced in obama's presidency, i would expect something like that from Bush presidency, but not from Obama's :thumbsdown:
There's no difference between Bush and Obama policy wise, the latter just blames the former for everything while continuing the same agenda.

He promised change, so far the only thing he changed were his promises.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back