AC URD T5 @ Spa, Saturday 17th Jan 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This was one of my best races so far.. p5 at finish!! ;) Some nice battles this race, just loved it. Does anybody wants to upload the replay file? My computer crashed when I pushed 'exit' ingame! :(

if you go into your Assetto Corsa file in documents, then replay, find the file named 'cr' rename it....that's your replay
This was one of my best races so far.. p5 at finish!! ;) Some nice battles this race, just loved it. Does anybody wants to upload the replay file? My computer crashed when I pushed 'exit' ingame! :(

That was fun. Usual lap 1 shenanigans went on but the rest was great. :D I love DTM, look forward to the next one. :)

My replay file is only 27mb and shows about 25 sec of me sitting in the pits, any ideas?

Great Race

Was fun got a slight tap in the start from the side and then nearly got squeezed in the wall so turn 1 was special :D
Race itself was pretty smooth drove in midfield never had any real incidents. Appart from 1 mayor incident in busstop wich forced me to to do a full stop on raceline wich resulted in someone smashing my backend wich then catapulted me to the guy in front. Saw it happening but was nowhere to go as the busstop was gridlocked ;)

Pretty happy with my 12th pos finish as i made a big setup mistake on my gearing my 6th was waaaaayyy to long had to slipsteam to keep up if i lost it people pulled away, overtaking? no way lol :D

Thx for the race,
specially @Si, the track was wider than I thought :whistling::)

I've made some mistakes, but I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

@Kyle Kaiser, choose 500mb in the settings, for next time unfortunatly

Replay.png

Longer races would be nice so you could patch your mistakes better;). These 15-25 lap races it's like one stupid little mistake and it's game over.

Reactions: Si
Sorry for the driver I tapped in the first lap. Wasn't much contact on my screen, but enough to make the guy break traction. Sorry!

As for me, was in 6th until my game crashed to desktop, went off and straight into the wall at high speed. That hasn't happened to me before while playing this game, so I hope it was a 1 time deal. Was so much fun until that happened. Looking forward to next time. Great car choice.

This is simply the best combo. I could drive this every day :D
I practice many hours for this race and try to tune good setup (can´t really say good setup, when its mine :D ). Best practice times was 2.17.5xx with mediums and 20-30l fuel in tank.

I didn´t get good lap in qualify. So p10 was a little disappointment.

In race there was sound bug again. Now I know that this occurs almost every multiplayer race. Practice and qualify everything is normal, but when race starts tire sounds disappears or mute so badly that you just might hear it. It is really hard to drive when you can´t hear are tires slipping or not. That´s why I was again about 1 sec / lap slower than in my own practice session and I make 4 big mistakes in the middle of the race.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tyre-sound-disappearing-during-session.17940/ <- quite common bug but there is nothing to do to fix it :(

Last edited:
Had a lot of fun last evening, started from p11 and gained a few positions in the first laps by overtaking and mistakes of others. Some very close raceing with Galin :thumbsup:.

Just before the last lap I pitted to change the tires to the soft-compound, seems to me something is wrong with the softs since I had very little grip. As I was driving defensive the last lap, the car started to slide on the curbs and I drove into Krisztian, sorry about that, otherwise the last lap would have been fun.

Anyway another great event, thanks Simon

Question: I is it just me or do have other people having difficulties to connect to TS?

Just before the last lap I pitted to change the tires to the soft-compound, seems to me something is wrong with the softs since I had very little grip. As I was driving defensive the last lap, the car started to slide on the curbs and I drove into Krisztian, sorry about that, otherwise the last lap would have been fun.

I put tyre wear down a little so people could get more than half a flying lap on softs....unfortunately this had the knock on effect that they took a lap to reach full grip!

If you make tyre wear changes because your tires are not good, maybe You should tell it to others too. People are testing a tyre wear and make pit strategy (that little stupid rule when you have only 3 compounds to use) and in qualify session in normal wear you need to be extra careful in a outlap here in Spa. Then tires are about 98% condition in a start line (still going to be better) and it last easily in one lap. If you push the outlap then tires don´t last whole fast lap. I was thinking how the hell my tires were 95-96% condition in start line in qualify.

If you make tyre wear changes because your tires are not good, maybe You should tell it to others too. People are testing a tyre wear and make pit strategy (that little stupid rule when you have only 3 compounds to use)

Ok, well I was trying to make it more enjoyable for all and maybe I should have posted it but it was a last minute thing.

Also these are Club races for fun.......Winning is NOT the be all and end all!

Finally, If you think its a 'stupid' rule about the different compounds to be used then you don't have to enter! This is a rule used in F1, DTM and other series in motorsports and I think adds a fun element.

As I said, if you don't like it then there are other people hosting races and I suggest you enter theirs!

English is it not my mother tongue, so its hard to explain what I actually mean.

Maybe I try again :)
Rule for different compounds is generally good idea and could make much more fun. As you see in F1 there is different strategies. Once they worked really well and once not. I think that that is the whole idea of using different compounds rule. F1 races last 2 hours and usually they took 2 pitstop, so there is a huge possibilities to make different tactics to work.

In these cars and also gt3 cars have only 3 compounds. Usually Soft last 3-5 lap, mediums last 15-20 lap, hards last +30 lap. These races are about 20 lap long. So I found that you can usually use only one tactic. Start with mediums and drive 15-17 laps and take soft for last laps. Once I tried to take soft at start but that was not good idea. If you are in near of lead and take a pit after 5 laps you are dropping too far back and you need to overtake slower drivers, that usually cost too much time. And if you are not leader of the race you cant win time with soft in first couple of laps. If there is more compounds as a gt2 there might be more options to your strategy. And off course different pit strategies make more fun. Now I have only one strategy witch give almost every time best average lap times. Try to maximize lap count with mediums and after they were worn too much go to pit and take a soft, maybe sometimes you need to take hards, but even then your only tactic is to drive about 15 laps with your mediums.
If we drive a track witch is really hard to overtake, without this rule you can change your strategy among the competition. If You start with mediums You can go pit just anywhere between 5-15 lap and take second set of mediums and maybe you can overtake couple of guys because of your tactic were working. Briefly: 20 laps race, different compounds rule and 3 compounds isn´t quite good combination. That´s why I criticize this rule.

Winning is not everything for me because there is always faster drives than I. When I drive I always try to maximize my result and I think that is what everybody try to make. That means good qualify, perfect pit strategy and good driving pace. Some times result is finish 17th place and some times it means that you are third.

Off course I participate for your races in future too, because I like these races a lot. These are only my opinions and I make these suggestions because club races could be even more fun with little changes. Rules are same for everybody so I don´t complain for that.

See you soon in track :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back