URD T5 Skinning - Windscreen and Driver Templates

Hi,

I'm just working on a T5 skin and I've hit a small problem.

I can't seem to change the windscreen from the outside, the file only seems to change the interior view.

I'm assuming it's the same file but just a different name prefix, can anyone tell me what it is?

I know it can be done as I've seen a skin pack where the author changed them all.

I've tried alt_xxwindshield.dds and alt_xxwindscreen.dds but neither works.

The other is I'm trying to get hold of the driver helmet and suit template, has anyone managed to find it?

Thanks, :thumbsup:

Just to update this post :)

I did a fair amount of searching but no luck.

It looks like you have to modify the MAS files that are linked to that car (in this case the BAYRO).

So modifying those (replacing the DDS files in the MAS) meant I now have the correct exterior windshield and tyres. However it will only work offline. If I join a server race the mod gets thrown out as the MAS file has changed. So fine for AI races but that's it. So lucky I made a backup! ;)

I did try putting the files in with the ALT files (where the alternative skin is) but it doesn't work.

Did the same skin on AMS and on that one it's different as the VEH file links to the extras like windscreen (exterior/interior), wheel grip colour, etc. Assetto Corsa works as normal with it's file naming requirements instead :thumbsup:

9Q9hBZA.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back