AC URD T5 @ Silverstone Mon 5th Jan 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
In out guys. After doing some practice laps this afternoon, I'm in agony.

It's just getting to hard for me to do this now. I think it's gonna be game over until I can get some relief from all this pain. Sorry folks.

Here my set with medium tyre for the bayro.I use the same in qualy.For the race it's the same,just adjust fuel and tyre strategy.If you upshift after 7500 rpm,you loose a lot of power.My best is *.**.**with it.

Attachments

• medium 9 tours.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited by a moderator:
its not the setup im annoyed about, we are all grateful for it :)

Its the fact that you posted a lap time that has discouraged other people from joining.

good race guys, I owe @Lionel Gamet an apology for the slightest nudge on the first lap, which put us at the back of the pack, I had great fun getting back up to finish 6th. why did you retire Lionel? you could have made a podium.

Good start, managed to avoid the trouble in T3/T4/T5 and got up to 7th behind @Ramon Salles , who unfortunately received a major lagspike warping his car INTO my car, not a slight bump, but right in the cockpit. Needless to say my car went off, rejoined in 9th where a pack formed and I had some good fair battles until lap 6.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rules.10978/ said:
If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain their position on you.
I am going to leave this here. Basically the slam I got on lap 6, turn 4 ended the competative part of my race, which also eliminated part of the fun of battling in the pack.
I was glad to catch up right behind @Ron Hämäläinen for another great battle, in which I accidentally tapped him at the back, but did honor the golden rule specified above and gave back the position immediately. Had a great battle with him, at laptimes I could take him easily but passing one on track is fairly different. I do have a few tips for you Ron, mainly because I almost bumped into you a few times on those spots, on turn 1 you don't have to brake, with the right line you can do it with just releasing the throttle. The turn where I hit you, that was my bad, I was focussed on your brake lights instead of my own braking point and the law of reaction speeds and tailgating basically made me look like a reckless moron. Then the last chicane you could also take 10-15 kph more into the first corner ;)

After Ron made a mistake I had @Martin Faber all over my tail, tried all I could to keep him behind me, which succeeded because he did not go for tiny gaps I created with my mistakes. Had to pit on lap 16 for softs and thus finished the race as a lonely 12th :(

No problem Simon,just a race incident,first lap is difficult for everybody.After this i try to push hard for winning place,but infortunately i hit tommi when i loose control on last corner at the first lap,really sorry tommi :( .After that i have decided to retire,my car was damage at rear and front.My start was again ridiculous,that's why my race was crap.Shame because the battle for the qualy was epic guys,a lot of fun.Hope we'll race again with this car.
Sorry again tommi and see you soon guys ;)

Even better race then last time, relativly good start from p5 to p2 a couple of nice laps behind @Marc Brockmeyer, but His pace was faster after i grinded my tires in the first laps.
I did my best to keep on, i had to because @Falko Renner came closer and closer.
On lap 9 i decided to pit, "hard time" but it was struggled to heat up the tires.
After a couple of lap Falko approched again, and at the end we had a nice little battle.
Awesome race guys thanks! Thanks Simon for the organising! I'm looking forward to the next event, maybe on the Hungaroring?:whistling:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%