URD PX opinions

I'm sorry for opening another thread if there's an existing one. I have searched for one, but have found none.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your opinions on the "new" URD PX LMP mod. How realistic do you think it is, how does it drive, is it worth buying... Any information is useful. :)

Yes, on the CSW v2 the setting of "Dri=003" is completely neutral.
The easiest way to experience the exact effect of the DRI setting on the wheel is to boot up the (wheel without a racing sim running), make sure all other settings as spring, damper, etc are all set to OFF, then open the DRI setting, set it to "003".

You will feel that the wheel spinning it with your finger tips does not add any artificial forces, other than the resistance of the gears and belts inside the wheel.

Set the value higher than "DRI 003" and the wheel will turn easier, as the motor will support a quickly spinning wheel (hence making quick counter steering easier for "drifting").

Set the value lower than "DRI 003" and a negative force will be applied to turning the wheel, hence "dampening" the wheel rotation, adding resistance to the wheel.

Technically therefore "DRI 003" is most neutral, it will not necessarily feel the most genuine as the wheel in a real car.
I find running settings between 001 or 002 depending on the car I drive the most real feeling (I do not use dampening or spring in the CSWv2 and run at 100 % FFB and FOR in the wheel).

I find on most cars in Assetto Corsa that the DRI setting set to a lower than neutral (DRI 003) value adds a more realistic dampening feel to the wheel than the actual DPR setting on the wheel.
I find it feels very authentic like the resistance you feel when turning the wheel of a real car which makes connection through a steering box and the rubber scrubbing on the road surface.

Running DRI 002 with 100 FFB, 90 FOR and 100% gain in Assetto Corsa with a formula rim with cars like the McLaren GT3 race cars feels absolutely fantastic - a really tight road connection.
The moment you set DRI to 003 (neutral) it feels like the steering is broken - you feel the belt and gears more in the wheel and the steering wheel feels less connected and tight.

When using dampening effects instead to simulate this resistance (or even worse, spring effects) I find that the wheel is unnaturally heavy to turn quickly.

Last edited:
Running DRI 002 with 100 FFB, 90 FOR and 100% gain in Assetto Corsa with a formula rim with cars like the McLaren GT3 race cars feels absolutely fantastic - a really tight road connection.

Out of curiosity, what do you have the in-car FFB set to with these settings? I've doubts as to whether my wheel is working correctly (AC is the only sim it feels acceptable with), but I use DRI 002, 100 FOR, and 100% gain and then have to turn the in-car FFB on most cars down to around 50% otherwise the wheel is almost impossible to turn because it's so stiff. Is that normal behavior for a CSW V2 or is your in-car FFB around 100%?

interesting, can you post your CSW V2 setup and best car to test it? would love to try it out @menos | M6 and @Zboubi.
(i will post what i run in AC with on my wheel, but I use the CSW Formula Wheel (steel), have not tested the CSW M3 GT2 wheel yet, but maybe different wheels different base setups?)

I start with a vanilla Assetto Corsa setup and vanilla Fanatec driver setting.

Fanatec driver settings:
- leave everything untouched on defaults

CSW v2 wheelbase settings:
SEN 900
FFB 100
DRI 002 (some cars feel better with DRI 001 for a little tighter steering wheel)

FOR 100 (with some cars I use 80 or 90 when using the formula steering wheel, when using the BMW GT wheel, I sometimes raise it up to FOR 120 in some cars)

All other settings on the wheelbase are set to OFF (especially DPR and SPR).

Assetto Corsa settings:
- everything vanilla, not changing a thing except:
- filter 2 - 3% (just to remove possible spikes)
- road effects (turn down to ~ 35 anything higher and they just feel too artificial)
- rumble strip effect, turn it down until the wheel does not clip any longer

I don't use the enhanced understeer effect option.

Now this setup works beautifully with Kunos cars (I like especially the GT3 cars, favorites being the McLaren 650S GT3 and the Mercedes AMG GT3).
There surely will be some clipping but over all it feels tight, realistic and precise.
You can surely get a much, much cleaner FFB effect by turning way down the forces and removing further some of the effects but it then wouldn't feel like a steering wheel in a real car any longer.

An upgrade in realism (and a big upgrade in quality) I guess will only be achieved by going for a powerful direct drive wheel.
I feel the biggest disadvantage with the Fanatec wheel base is how you can feel the belt and gearing in the wheel, which I think is an even bigger problem for the people who prefer to drive with lower forces and smoother effects.

Out of curiosity, what do you have the in-car FFB set to with these settings? I've doubts as to whether my wheel is working correctly (AC is the only sim it feels acceptable with), but I use DRI 002, 100 FOR, and 100% gain and then have to turn the in-car FFB on most cars down to around 50% otherwise the wheel is almost impossible to turn because it's so stiff. Is that normal behavior for a CSW V2 or is your in-car FFB around 100%?

I use with most Kunos cars default per car FFB settings.

With the PX mod I have to turn down the per car FFB settings way, way down to something like ~60-70 % to have similar forces on the wheel but still the PX mod will severely clip the FFB.
I think there is something off here which I currently simply work around by only turning the forces down per car as I don't want to spoil my FFB settings for the excellent Kunos cars which I feel are about as good as I can dial them in at the moment.

The EGT mod btw has a different FFB problem - forces are not as crazy excessive as with the PX mod (I run the EGT cars at ~80% FFB strength per car) but somehow feel a bit more dull, watered down - not as precise as with Kunos cars for a lack of a better description.
I am happy as they are though and really enjoy both mods, mainly as I use the cars to fill proper GT racing fields (now I wish we could race 40+ car fields and multi class races with working AI and I would be in heaven).

I think everyone who enjoys endurance racing should have the EGT and PX mods as a must have. I also love how professional the makers update the mod regularly and keep users in the loop about developments and updates.

For that reason I may very well try out their DTM content, now that I have finally given up on the (sadly) excellent R3E due to their impossible server connectivity and authenticating issues (always when I want a quick race now and then R3E reliably is f…ed - I wish I would not have spent all the money on that content but rather would have bought a redundant set of pedals or a few more wheel rims, …).

I use with most Kunos cars default per car FFB settings.

That's interesting. So usually you're at 100% gain, 100% in-car FFB, 100 on-wheel FFB, and 90/100 on FOR? My wheel would be undriveable with those settings because it would literally be difficult to turn the wheel more than a few degrees. This must be a sign that something's wrong with my wheel.

@menos | M6 tried what you wrote with dpr and spr OFF! so much better!
will post screenshots of my settings in game and write settings on wheel.
i do use Fanaleds for DOR/ rotation of steering wheel per vehicle and have a pretty big list of vehicles (almost all vehicles!) in the Fanaleds XML. (just don't have all the vehicles RPM and etc.)

@rocafella1978 are you running a LUT or Gamma ? If not LUT, You really need to give it a whirl.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/
(didn't catch or clearly understand what this is for)
hi thanks for this, does this make fanaleds obsolute or is this purely for FFB?
- how do you know what to set the base settings at? or is that still left up to user "taste"? (although running all OFF as @menos | M6 said is best so far, love the feeling just testing with DRI to see what is best for me. 001, 002 or 003)
- how do you get otherwise Fanatec CSW LEDs to work in AC? (I thought it only works with fanaleds)

It seems the most recent update broke the Led's real good, Before 1.7 they worked fine with an older version of FanaLeds for me. Now tho it seems they are truly broken, The Gears still flash, and no more Mph if i recall. Stefano explained why this is, but Im hoping fanaleds finds a work around as it seems the dev's wont be fixing it any time soon.

the LUT generator is purely for FFB, nothing to do with DOR or the other Fanaleds features.

You can still use the FOR and DRI in the wheel to fine tune.(The more you wonder from 100For and DRI3**fana v2 specifically, the Curve will be drastically different) but you can also use the FFB clipping app and the In game FFB adjustment (+/- on Num pad) to dial it all in.

I know its a bit much when your new to it all to grasp all the different apps and how it all works, but the difference was NIGHT and DAY for me. To a point where my Heave axis for my motion was basically matching the micro twitches im feeling in the wheel, Quite the sensation i must say....my buhler's felt like completely new animals with the older Group C monsters....having the wheel RIPPED from your hands...oh my good times. :roflmao::laugh:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back