URD eGT mod

It is a mod that consists of 5 unlicensed, fictional cars that are scratch made to professional levels. Their modeling work is impressive enough that Kunos hired them to model the C7R for them.

Each of the 5 models has a few things here and there that need improvement but updates are forthcoming in a week or two. Physics are a WIP and I have no idea how the real cars drives; that being said, I am having a blast sliding these things around using the medium tires. These cars are supposed to be a little faster than GT3 cars (I think) yet I am around a second or so slower with them so go figure. (I think alot of that has to do with not having ABS)

The Porsche looking one seems to be the fastest out of the group (at least in my not so capable hands) but all of them ran within three quarters of a second of each other in my tests.

I donated more to just the Cobra than this mod costs so I think they are already well worth the few dollars they cost; Those on the fence might want to wait until they have been updated a time or two.

Despite copyright or even ethical issues, most likely this kind of situations will end up forcing Kunos to limit modding severely with AC and/or adding security measures to block unauthorized mods.

Despite copyright or even ethical issues, most likely this kind of situations will end up forcing Kunos to limit modding severely with AC and/or adding security measures to block unauthorized mods.

I think you will find that this is exactly what Kunos is expecting! and be glad of the third party mod support to continue the popularity of its Sim! URD is a respected group who have 'sold' there product in RF for years!

I suspect they are delighted to have them supplying content for there sim!

Black Carbon - Gumball 3000;)
Carbon_Black.jpg

The only thing I am wondering about is that the cars look way too much like their real counterparts, they named the cars different to evade license claims etc. but isn't this stealing the design of a car?

Anyways I will not buy this as I am not a big fan of paying for mods, whilst there are other good mods for free (and others coming, USCC for example)

The only thing I am wondering about is that the cars look way too much like their real counterparts, they named the cars different to evade license claims etc. but isn't this stealing the design of a car?

I see your point, however each car does have subtle differences. the little winglets over the rear arches of the bayro for example.

I am sure they are not breaching any copyright and RD have actively used this MOD in RF2 for some time. :)

So all your plan since start of the early access of ac with the massive bashing of "illegal" "bad" conversations in all forums has only one reason behind: Make our hobby even more expensive. Well done for everyone involved. Lets see how much a official dlc for ac will cost in the future.....2 cars of this mod already comes with ac so you sell 1 car for over 3 bucks for those who cant wait till release....really well done...lol or not lol?

So all your plan since start of the early access of ac with the massive bashing of "illegal" "bad" conversations in all forums has only one reason behind: Make our hobby even more expensive. Well done for everyone involved. Lets see how much a official dlc for ac will cost in the future.....2 cars of this mod already comes with ac so you sell 1 car for over 3 bucks for those who cant wait till release....really well done...lol or not lol?

No one is telling you 'you must buy this' if you want to race with us!

it is entirely your own choice! IF we race these cars in future club races they will be interlinked with races using stock content also!

I see your point, however each car does have subtle differences. the little winglets over the rear arches of the bayro for example.

I am sure they are not breaching any copyright and RD have actively used this MOD in RF2 for some time. :)
Actually these are good news for all the modders who got their jobs blocked because copyright issues.
They only need to make some minor car parts different from original and also need to change the car brand to something fictional.
I see alot of new vehicles coming for AC, that's good news.

Please go learn some history about modding....please.....we wouldn't have AC if it wasn't for modding and modders...

If the International Mod Police go kicking in URD's door tomorrow that is their problem...not sure why so many here are so worried about something that doesn't affect them in the least bit.

Mod edit: No need in to incite an argument ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please go learn some history about modding....please.....we wouldn't have AC if it wasn't for modding and modders...

If the International Mod Police go kicking in URD's door tomorrow that is their problem...not sure why so many here are so worried about something that doesn't affect them in the least bit.

Mod edit: No need in to incite an argument ;)
If you mean my question/wondering moment a few posts back, I am not worrying, actually idc if they get taken down. However, just out of a purely educational purpose I was wondering how that was regulated.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 471 39.0%