URD eGT mod

I dont know about you, but when I bought AC as a racing simulator, I was expecting a complete GT2 and GT3 class plus some track day cars and some supercars. After one year we have one GT2 and two GT3 (which are in game almost from beginning) besides that we the 599XX and the Zonda then we have a bunch of common vehicles and some "oldies" which are cool but not enough to call AC a racing simulator.
This means that for a race in GT2 or GT3 class everyone must be driving exactly the same car just because there are no cars, without several options for same class the things become really boring after some time. That's why third party mods with these cars are starting to appear, exactly because the game need these cars to survive, otherwise the game will be devoted to oblivion.
Third part mods are greatly appreciated, after all is what keeps the things alive, now when some one asks you money for something that under normal circumstances should belong to the game, is like I said, at minimum .. ridiculous.
But not everything are bad news, November is close.
You had the opportunity to see every bit of content you were promised for the 1.0 release, and are now even getting more cars than were initially advertised. I'd like to see when and where you saw that there was supposed to be a full GT2 and GT3 grid with stock content, as I've never seen it.

Kunos are a small team, and had to work with a limited budget at the start. They were able to get some HUGE names right from the very beginning, and are now getting even more companies in. That's how this entire thing was advertised from the very start; Kunos offer us base content with the purchase of the game, they use the profit to further develop the game for some years after release, and we purchase further content via DLC. Nobody can promise that AC will have a full grid of any type of car, but it is likely that it is going to fill up much more than where it is now.

I don't think you've actually raced the GT cars with other people, because to say that it's boring just makes no sense to me. I've participated in the club races here at RD, both EU and US, and it's some of the most fun I've had in sim racing. And you know what's never come across my mind? "Wow, this wheel to wheel racing that has me sweating bullets is really ruined by the fact that there's other cars around me that look similar to mine." You should try them sometime, they're quite awesome.

And that's not to say that I don't want other cars, I want an R8 Ultra more than anything else in AC right now, but I'm not going to say it's not a sim because it doesn't have one, that's silly. I have quite a bit of fun learning all I can about the McLaren, and I'll tell you what, it's a lot to take up. You should try it sometime, maybe it'll take your mind off of the other Mac's driving around you.

As for the mods. I welcome them with open arms. The URD team have done such an amazing job with the Corvette; A work of art. I plan on buying this mod once it leaves beta just because I'm sure the cars are going to be fantastic. We've done races with the URD Corvette mixed in with the official content, and you cannot tell the difference in terms of quality. Yes the physics may be a bit off, yes some data may be wrong, but I'm also sitting at my desk with a toy wheel pretending to drive a fake car. Just saying...

Last edited:
I dont know about you, but when I bought AC as a racing simulator, I was expecting a complete GT2 and GT3 class plus some track day cars and some supercars. After one year we have one GT2 and two GT3 (which are in game almost from beginning) besides that we the 599XX and the Zonda then we have a bunch of common vehicles and some "oldies" which are cool but not enough to call AC a racing simulator.
This means that for a race in GT2 or GT3 class everyone must be driving exactly the same car just because there are no cars, without several options for same class the things become really boring after some time. That's why third party mods with these cars are starting to appear, exactly because the game need these cars to survive, otherwise the game will be devoted to oblivion.
Third part mods are greatly appreciated, after all is what keeps the things alive, now when some one asks you money for something that under normal circumstances should belong to the game, is like I said, at minimum .. ridiculous.
But not everything are bad news, November is close.
If you ask me this game is in development and crying about which cars are there (and which are not) seems quite irrelevant. Given the Audi and Merc licenses that Kunos have obtained there will sure come at least 2 more GT3 cars (R8 GT3, SLS GT3, unconfirmed though but seem likely). You knew what you bought when you bought it as there has always been a list of available cars on the store page.
Besides that the P4/P5 is considered to be a GT2 car which makes it two available GT2 cars ;)
That still subtracts from my question above, which is, "How do I install them?"
If you only have a PHP file there is something wrong :)
Go to your steam folder, steamapps, assettocorsa, content, cars and there should come all files (note: Sometimes mods already include the file structure in the zip, then just unzip it at a place that all car folders end up in the right folder)

Don't get me wrong, I still consider a AC a fair deal. If I was expecting more by this time? Yes, as a matter of personal opinion and also as a matter of keeping the game able to compete against its rivals.
My words go only in an attempt to explain why these paid mods are starting to appear.
Also being so much worried because Kunos is a small dev team with a limited budget, you guys should be the first ones not agreeing/supporting these paid mods.
But if you guys see this situation as something beneficial for the small dev team with limited budget from Kunos, I rest my case.
Presenting my point of view only, nothing personal.
Thanks for reading.

URD has been making a genuine scratch built product since rfactor1, I for one am delighted they have made the transition to AC. more quality paid for (legal) content is no different from DLC from Kunos!

Don't get me wrong. there are companys (and I use that word loosely) who rip content and sell it for profit! this is totally inacceptable and should not be encouraged at RD!

Don't get me wrong, I still consider a AC a fair deal. If I was expecting more by this time? Yes, as a matter of personal opinion and also as a matter of keeping the game able to compete against its rivals.
My words go only in an attempt to explain why these paid mods are starting to appear.
Also being so much worried because Kunos is a small dev team with a limited budget, you guys should be the first ones not agreeing/supporting these paid mods.
But if you guys see this situation as something beneficial for the small dev team with limited budget from Kunos, I rest my case.
Presenting my point of view only, nothing personal.
Thanks for reading.
Nothing personal at all, simply a conversation.

Lets go to the 'modding interfering with Kunos' profit' point you brought up. I really don't think it exists or will ever exist. Kunos have marketed AC as a moddable sim. It's a selling point! They want this, they need this. Part of rF's success can be and is attributed to its moddability. High quality mods such as URD's work is what makes the magic, as you'll almost always find something you want to drive. Be it a Formula 1 car, GTLM car, or even a Reliant Robin.

On top of all of that, Kunos have GT3 cars, and URD are making (what look like) GTLM cars. They're not even competitive with each other. GTLM are too fast for GT3, yet too slow for GT2. It ends up working in both parties' favor, as if someone wants to compete in both series, they must have both types. And I'd be willing to bet a pretty penny that people are more likely to pick the official content over a third party modding team's paid DLC.

Aris brought up an interesting point that I didn't know. And that is that Kunos don't even have bank debts, yet they have all of the current content + all that hasn't even been announced yet. It sure doesn't seem that as a company they're doing poorly. With the free advertisement they get on Steam when people continue to buy AC, and it gets moved up to the front page on the store, they'll probably grow even more. I really hope they do, as they deserve comfortable salaries. Not to mention OculusVR saying that its one of the best experiences on a DK2, that alone sold AC even more.

I should start writing novels, eh? :D

Paid mods??? Never! Otherwise i want to be paid to race or receive a prize money everytime i get a podium in a race too :p

We all spend personal time doing what we love, a donation system i accept, like big modding teams do, now charging for licences you do not own no thanks...

Mate, I bought RF1 on day of release (holy hell, just looked it up...2005), played about 200 trillion hours on her, a large part of which was using various Aussie mods......Its all stripped bare now, The only sim Ive got installed is AC and I'm looking to get the same sort of mileage out of this game.

I didn't realise this was an official paid for content mod. I'm actually more interested hearing that. There should be some way of distinguishing mods like this from your basic mods.

Is it just cars in the mod?

just cars at the mo! the cars are very polished! but clearly not finished yet! updates every 1-2 weeks till finished! :)

just cars at the mo! the cars are very polished! but clearly not finished yet! updates every 1-2 weeks till finished! :)
I hope they will do that. There are still several issues with the rF2 cars they seem to ignore (like the ultra compressed sound on the Aston) and the cars do have some strange on the limit behaviour, which I could partly find in the physics files, but after lot of hours in these cars I somehow lost interest as they are not that good in terms of physics as the ISI GT cars since their update. I hope they do make more updates on AC.

preview.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing