1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgraded to G27...whoa

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Don Davis, Nov 9, 2010.

1. G27 came in. immediately hooked it up to a makeshift table to try out. WOW. immediately comfortable with the braking in the williams. Already purple a couple sectors. This while sitting on the floor lol. racing setup is in pieces, playseat evo should be in tomorrow. I just cant believe the difference in pedals vs my dfgt.

Edit: playseat came in :)

2. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

Gratz with your new hardware. Its amasing how a a few pieces of hardware can transform your experience :)
    Happy racing :)
  3. There's no stopping with the tinkering (also known as dumping more money into this hobby) now, Don.. lol

I have the Playseat Evo as well and adding a Buttkicker to your rig will further increase your immersion. I also replaced the stock G27 wheel with a full size racing wheel (with the chilicoke adapter) and added a Frex shift+ for sequential shift cars. I now need to complete the build on my button box and the next addition is triple screen. I'm afraid to look at what I want to add after that, but those 3 DOF motion rigs look pretty darn fun.. someone stop me!! :)
  4. sequential shifting is definately a pain point at the moment. I tried the rubber band trick and it will take some work to get the feeling right. For longer races i'm using the paddles though, since its a long reach to the shifter right now.