1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

upgraded to G27...whoa

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Don Davis, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Don Davis

Don Davis

Ratings:
    +0
    G27 came in. immediately hooked it up to a makeshift table to try out. WOW. immediately comfortable with the braking in the williams. Already purple a couple sectors. This while sitting on the floor lol. racing setup is in pieces, playseat evo should be in tomorrow. I just cant believe the difference in pedals vs my dfgt.

Edit: playseat came in :)

[​IMG]

2. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

Ratings:
    +9
    Gratz with your new hardware. Its amasing how a a few pieces of hardware can transform your experience :)
    Happy racing :)

3. Randy Wolfgram

Randy Wolfgram

Ratings:
    +0
    There's no stopping with the tinkering (also known as dumping more money into this hobby) now, Don.. lol

I have the Playseat Evo as well and adding a Buttkicker to your rig will further increase your immersion. I also replaced the stock G27 wheel with a full size racing wheel (with the chilicoke adapter) and added a Frex shift+ for sequential shift cars. I now need to complete the build on my button box and the next addition is triple screen. I'm afraid to look at what I want to add after that, but those 3 DOF motion rigs look pretty darn fun.. someone stop me!! :)

4. Don Davis

Don Davis

Ratings:
    +0
    sequential shifting is definately a pain point at the moment. I tried the rubber band trick and it will take some work to get the feeling right. For longer races i'm using the paddles though, since its a long reach to the shifter right now.