Upgrade from G920... TX?

I like my G920 but as I now get more in to sims I feel soon I shall be making an upgrade as I hear the FFB on better hardware is apparently a much better feel. I also like the possibility of maybe changing rims, to an old style thin wood one for example in some of the vintage open tops.

Is the Thrustmaster TX (and pedals) much of an upgrade at all though, or not worth it? Should I go further? I don't have a specific budget in mind but nothing crazy!

I do like the look of the TH8A shifter compared to my Logitech one which feels cheap (and to be fair it was!).

Thanks

If you are getting more into sims try to future proof yourself a little bit. Im currently on t.m. equipment but looking to go a step or 2 up this year. While its served me well over the years .
Personally i would skip the thrustmaster if you can afford it , research as much as you can in the meantime to make sure whatever way you go you will be happy with your decision

Upvote 0
I currently have a T300, but I tried both.
The Thrustmaster is a mile ahead under the FFB department. The pedals are not, tho.
Also consider the price: a full Thrustmaster set costs not less than 600$.

But I've got one and I'll never buy that Logitech crap again, sir :poop:

Upvote 0
Logitech is far from crap, but they're far too expensive for what you get, especially compared to TM's midrange wheels which is their main competitor. The T300 is better, but the FFB isnt all that much better. I tried T300 GTE version this weekend and I wasnt impressed about the FFB, but its miles smoother though, which I care more about. The pedals are worse though, as said above.

Upvote 0
I second/third the opinion that the T300 Ferrari which I have is a perfectly good FFB wheel, but that the pedals are not. The pedals can get squeaky and there is an uneven bump in my brake pedal.

Upvote 0
I have the t3pa pro pedals new they are $300 aus.
Fanatec v3 pedals are $500 aus . Ive had a brief go of the v3s at a mates and noticed a huge difference. But im also aware my pedals are near death and jumping on a brand new set anything would feel better.
But after a year or two if you went the thrustmaster
You would probably be thinking , yeah they go alright and done their job but...it could be better .i believe the price jump to fanatec would be well justified .then you have the the poduim series this year which again is meant to be a step up from what fanatec has atm.
Yet again it all comes down to your budget and what you are happy with

Upvote 0
Pedals will make the biggest difference. I went from the t3pa to fanatec v3, and the difference is huge. Consistency and feel is the key. Upgrade these first before the wheel.

Upvote 0
Thanks all, so general opinion seems to be the extra cost of Fanatec will be worth it in the long run?

I don't care about console support at all.

As for budget, I don't know what to expect for my money so not sure. But let's say the minimum I'd look to buy anyway would be the TX or 300 or whatever, plus shifter and pedals. So above that, what really is best value for best performance?

Upvote 0
Thanks all, so general opinion seems to be the extra cost of Fanatec will be worth it in the long run?

I don't care about console support at all.

As for budget, I don't know what to expect for my money so not sure. But let's say the minimum I'd look to buy anyway would be the TX or 300 or whatever, plus shifter and pedals. So above that, what really is best value for best performance?
Dont forget fanatec are dropping the podium series this year.it would be a safe bet that a few people would be selling up decent equipment for the upgrade.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years