Upgrade from DFGT to T500RS?

Hi there guys,

iam new to this forum and simracing in general so to speak. Iam owning a DFGT for about 3 years now but iam constantly stressed by the crackling noise and the deadzone of this wheel. I am now close to order a new T500RS. So my question is, is this a good upgrade? Because i dont like the gear system the wheel is driven on...and the g27-g29 is also geared if iam not mistaken. The Thrustmaster on the other hand i read is belt driven. Any help or advise is appreciated.

PS:
If anybody know how to mod the T500RS i would love to hear, what i could do with the new wheel!

I have aT500RS and I have the F1 wheel and the GTE Ferrari wheel and I love it. I also upgraded from DFGT and it is a massive upgrade. Your DFGT will feel like a toy after this. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I got my TX Leather edition last week upgrade from the DFGT. I'm blown away by how different they feel. You picked the right package , as the T3PA pedals are way better than the 2 set on the T300.

Upvote 0
I don't know know what your budget is, but a t500rs is a old wheel. I wouldn't buy a t500rs brand new. Depending on the deal Thrustmaster generally is a better deal. Fanatec makes great wheels but I think their products are now only PC and Xbox. Maybe try to find a used Thrustmaster wheel off craigslist or something (that's what I did) and find a great deal. Right now products are very expensive as it is right before Christmas so if you could wait until after Christmas there could be potentially a better deal. Just food for thought.

Upvote 0
I personally upgraded from a G27 to a T300RS and it was a night and day difference...the T300RS is fantastic.
But what you have ordered is a fantastic choice.
Thrustmaster also have a possible replacement for the T500RS which is the 'TS-PC Racer'...link below....this however will depend on your budget and what platforms you want to use it on, as from the info on the new TS-PC Racer it is PC only (no Console usability)
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/ts-pc-racer

Upvote 0
or --- You could wait for the TS PC Racer Thrustermaster release on 15 December ,looks ok .
According to Thrustmaster, the TS-PC Racer will consist of a new, brushless 40-watt motor backed by a quiet, embedded cooling system to keep it up to speed at all times. This system enables the motor to provide 50 percent more dynamic response, and four times greater stall force than what Thustmaster provides with its other Force Feedback wheels.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years