Upgrade but T300 or T500?

Hello guys!

I am not pretty new to Sim Racing, but absolutely new here. After getting back to Assetto Corsa, and other Simulators. like ETS and the upcoming pCARS2, and going to regularly play them, I want to upgrade my wheel to a better one.

At the moment I am using my old G25 on a Wheelstand Pro. But I am contemplating for a Thrustmaster many years by now. The T500RS to be more specific. But after talking to some more experienced players, they would recommend me the T300RS +T3PA over the T500RS.
Reason: The T300 FFB may be a bitt weaker, but better effect-wise and more direct.

Now I am a little bit unsure, and don't know what to research exactly. At Gamescom I drove with a Thrustmaster T-GT on GT-Sport. That wheel felt like I was driving a real car. I was absolutely overwhelmed, how good Sim-Racing could feel.

As I am not really that professional (by now) I wanted to ask in a place where such professionals may be and want to ask you guys, what I should choose for my wife, to get me for Christmas :D
T500RS or the T300RS+T3PA. The cost is nearly the same. A T-GT is by far too expensive, and useless for what I would use it.

My thoughts:
- I think I like the size of the wheel of the T500RS. I want something more realistic, not toy-ish like in size.
- I am unsure if I like the fixed Paddles. Cars that use paddles often only have less turn, than cars that use a shifter. So I don't know if it will irritate me, after turning the wheel for 180° and accidentally shift up instead of down.
I am going to use my G25 shifter with the USB standalone Adapter (for the beginning)
- Many people tell me that the FFB effects on teh T300 are better and more direct, than the ones on T500.
- Hopefully they aren't too weak or weaker, compared to my G25

Thank you very much for reading that wall of text and sharing your thoughts.

I would advise T300, it has newer tech and ffb feels better. Did you consider TS-PC? It has the same base as T-GT, but different wheel and is PC only, but much cheaper than T-GT. So you can get T-GT ffb for lower price. It has power of T500 and good ffb as T300.

Upvote 0
I would advise T300, it has newer tech and ffb feels better. Did you consider TS-PC? It has ...

Thanks for your suggestion. I just looked up the TS-PC, but it's a little too expensive for me ;)

I want to keep it in the under 400€ price range. Sorry forgot to mention it in my forst post.

Upvote 0
Hey Andy!

I checked the link, but the price isn't very attractive. But I get it at 378€ already. So a better price ;)

I totally mixed up the pedals in my first post. Of Course I mean the T3PA Pro Pedals. So, the ones that are already included in the T500 ;)

Upvote 0
Having both, I prefer and mostly use the T300. Yes, the T500 is stronger, but the T300 is much smoother. Ich would buy the T300 bundle with the alcantara Ferrari wheel and the t3pa pedals. I think it's about 350€. Best package in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your suggestion @MegamanAT (considering your name you are also from Austria, am I right?) So do you think the T3PA, that are inluded in the Alcantara are also okay? Because I would have chosen the normal 300RS + T3PA Pro. (I am absolutely in love with them lol)

But if you think, that the normal T3PA are better or on par with the G25 ones? Because they look a little bit cheap-ish compared to the pros. The Alcantara 300 also looks very very beautiful. But my budget would be excessed with the alcantara and Pros :p

But if the normal T3PA are also better or on par with G25 ones the Alcantara would be a good option.

Upvote 0
Yes, you are right. :) To be honest, I have never tried the non pro T3PA. But what I know, they are more ore less T3PA Pro without the ability of mounting them inverted and a little less steel instead of plastic. But you will also get the conical brake mod. I also have a G25 (but not used for years) with the gteye spring and I don't think, the T3PA or T3PA Pro are better. You could also buy this adapter to reuse your logitech pedals with any Thrusmaster base: http://shop.thrustmaster.com/de_de/pc/lenkrader/db9-pedals-t-rj12-adapter.html

I am using CSR-E with LC and if you really want good pedals, buy some Fanatec CSL-E.

Upvote 0
Hey Megaman!

After some hours of consideration I think I made my conclusion. I compared and watched all kind of reviews, and I think I will go with your suggestion.
I think it is a very good compromise between my 2 desired wheels with a nice quality upgrade unlike the 2 others.

I have the pros of both wheels:
+ bigger diameter
+ better FFB efects
+ good overall price
+ Real alcantara leather (special extra bonus pro) :D

Also, it's compatible with my wheelstand, and I can use it on my PS4 Pro also, as the T300 has full PS4 (even navigation in Menus) support.
Only thing I have to order extra is the Logi Shifter to standalone shifter adapter.

Thanky you very much. Now the only thing I have to be able to wait until christmas is here :D

Thank you all very much guys for voting and sharin your opinions.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years