Updating Content for 0.9.0 Final

You need to identify which shader entry corresponds to which material. Authors call their materials different names but the title is most often descriptive enough. Take the tire rubber material for instance, which Here it is called "db9whl" for DB9Wheel. The shader for this is "shader_db9whl". Update this shader in order to remove the transparency from the wheels.

Thanks for the quick response! Actually, I have already updated "shader_db9whl" as far as I could. But, as I already pointed out:

b7e.jpg

By the way, there are more whl shaders:

Code:
shader_db9whl_blur0nt

shader_db9whl_blur1nt

shader_db9whl_blur0

shader_db9whl_blur1

The DB9 seems to have some of the shaders in two variants, for day and night time, and I don't really know how to handle it...

Yes the different shaders are for different blur models of the wheels. This is a well modelled vehicle with motion blur wheels. That means that the wheel model consist actually of 3 different models with different meshes/textures applied to simulate motion blur when the wheels are turning at higher speeds. The default shaders are for the day time I believe.

Try this:
Code:
vf_standard
{
   vertex_shader
   {
     file=dyn_standard_v.cg
   }
   fragment_shader
   {
     file=standard_f.cg
   }
}
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shader_db9whl~vf_standard
{
   compression=0
   shininess=16
   specular=0.10 0.10 0.10 1.00
   layer0
   {
     map=db9whl.tga
   }
}

Thanks for the hint, I changed this part and it removed transparency! Seems like the transparency has been caused by the second layer with the trackenvmap map.
I also changed vf_dyn_bump to vf_standard in all other wheel shaders which removed the periodic brightening and darkening of the tires. However, I don't completely understand why: Shouldn't vf_dyn_bump be used for rough materials like tires?

You need to use dyn_bump if it has a normalmap (usually filenames end in _nm, if you open it in an image editor it'll be light blue for the most part). If it's brightening/darkening either the tangents aren't being passed (I did put tangents=1 in the vf_dyn_bump section but I guess double check), or the texture is mirrored (this applies to some versions of Racer - I don't know exactly which - some handle mirroring okay)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back