Updating an XPack?

Today I put a new grass texture in, and the first thing I noticed was that in rFactor, it's quality started to diminish at a very short distance from the camera. I then found that setting mip bias to -2 seemed to help (XPacker, Materials tab, mip bias in the last section).

The problem was that in order for this change to be seen in rFactor, I had to remove the material from the terrain, unload the Xpack, reload it and then re-apply the material.

At the moment that's fine. I've only added one material, to a small section of terrain. As things get more complex this won't be any fun at all. Is this just something we have to live with, or am I doing it wrong?

(I'm using version 0.7.0.3)

You shouldn't have to remove and re-apply the material.

You can do it the way you describe, a quicker way when testing is to change the mip levels in BTB via Venue Files, save the venue file, then export to rFactor. Any changes you've made should show up.

About your problem, did you maybe not save the venue before exporting to rFactor? I don't know for sure if that makes a difference, but I think it might.

Thanks for the advice. Venue materials seem the way to go. I had been saving the venue file, so I'm not sure why the XPack method wasn't working.

I'll stick to using venue materials for now, and leave the XPack until I have something to upload.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%