1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update v1.08

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Ross Garland, Mar 10, 2011.

1. I'm sure everyone knows this by now, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Good riddance. Kudos to PD for fixing this one so soon after it was discovered. If only all of their fixes were that fast...

Maybe online performance will be a bit better now that all the cheats aren't on trying to exploit this flaw. :wink:
  2. Where was the shortcut?
  3. I don't know the specifics as I saw no reason to bother trying it out. Basically, there was a way to glitch under the track, and then perform doughnuts under the start/finish line. Each one would register as a completed lap. People were doing 200 lap races in mere minutes, and cashing in big time on XP and credits. Hence the uber quick fix.
  4. Just done a little search, this is what they were doing:

5. For those that don't want to watch the guy messing about with the menus (over two minutes of it), the glitch is exploited at 4:10. The start/finish line doughnuts start at 7:50.
  6. Oli Peacock

Oli Peacock
    Sim Racer

Nice find Rob, looking at all the 'related' videos as well, theres a shocking amount of glitches/cheats/hacks in this game.
  7. So that was what I saw last night on the online lobbies. There where a lot of rooms doing the glitch.
  8. It shouldn't have been possible last night, the 1.08 patch fixed it.

Unless they knew the patch was coming and decided to leave GT5 running so they didn't have to update?
  9. That's hilarious..I love a crafty cheat, personally.
  10. I generally couldn't care less if people cheat in their singleplayer games, as it has no affect whatsoever on me or anyone else. However, if you have 100,000 people getting on PDs servers just to exploit this bug, then it's going to severely affect performance for all of those trying to play online properly. That's wrong, so it's great that PD fixed it so quickly.
  11. Agreed!