GT5 Update v1.08

I'm sure everyone knows this by now, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

[Correction of Known Issues]
We have corrected an issue where it was possible to shortcut on the Special Stage Route 7 course.

Good riddance. Kudos to PD for fixing this one so soon after it was discovered. If only all of their fixes were that fast...

Maybe online performance will be a bit better now that all the cheats aren't on trying to exploit this flaw. :wink:

I don't know the specifics as I saw no reason to bother trying it out. Basically, there was a way to glitch under the track, and then perform doughnuts under the start/finish line. Each one would register as a completed lap. People were doing 200 lap races in mere minutes, and cashing in big time on XP and credits. Hence the uber quick fix.

That's hilarious..I love a crafty cheat, personally.

I generally couldn't care less if people cheat in their singleplayer games, as it has no affect whatsoever on me or anyone else. However, if you have 100,000 people getting on PDs servers just to exploit this bug, then it's going to severely affect performance for all of those trying to play online properly. That's wrong, so it's great that PD fixed it so quickly.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%