1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update profile to reflect IRL identity changes?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by April Dillon, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Hi :)

Long story short, I'm currently on the long road of gender reassignment. I'll spare you guys the touchey-feeley story behind it, but you can probably guess the name 'Marcus' isn't exactly appropriate anymore. :p

I'd like to change my name on here to April Dillon, in order to match what I'm signed up elsewhere with and what appears in game. Would this be possible?

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Absolutely!!

Fabulous that you bring this forward out in the open:thumbsup:. Wish more people were as open and honest as you are!

Will fix it right away and welcome April :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

It can be difficult to be who you really are. I'm glad you're past that now, enjoy your new life!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks for the help Bram! :) Looking forward to a long and enjoyable future with you guys. Now if you'll excuse me, the Targa Florio won't drive itself! :)

I've certainly always believed in honesty. And certainly in these early stages, I feel like I'm being deceitful by just, say, opening a new account under the new name. And I don't feel right doing that here. :p

Anyway, thanks! Good to know all's clear and everyone's happy. :)

5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Good luck to you.

You've bravely and publicly exercised your freedom to choose, and I hope it goes well for you.

So welcome to RD April :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Like I said over at CMS, April. No matter what you do in life, no matter how much you earn, not matter what status you have. You can never be truly happy until you are happy with yourself!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

As Oscar Wilde said, "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

You've done a courageous thing being open with it here. Huge thumbs up :thumbsup:, and I hope you're happier than ever! Welcome April!

• Like Like x 2
  8. hey welcome april, we meet again, as iv'e said before it's really brave that you have done this and i think it's amazing! you certainly have our support and we hope to see you on track soon :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Its will be probably an hard thing to do, not mentally but physicaly. All the operation and recuperation time after that wont be easy. Keep it on April

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1