GT5 Update 2.03

Stuart Pocock

I'M BACK... Again :)
It's that time again for GT5 fans, it's another possibly useless and worthless update. The whole GT5 community has been crying for new tracks and our dreams have come true.... up to a point. There will be a one new "fantasy" track called Route X and that's it, with regards to the patch the rumours are that the patch will contain the following: New themes for My Home in GT Mode. An option for tire wearing in Pit Strategy (B-spec). Simulates regenerative braking on electric cars. Chaparral 2J Race Car ’70: Fan down force option. Fixed unintended pit stop error in the final lap of a B-spec race. 12 new colors and 12 new wall papers for My home. Electric cars run slowly without applying acceleration. Regenerative braking affects the cruising distance.
There will also be a new Car pack which will include the following: Nissan Leaf '11, Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010, Volkswagen Beetle 1200 1966, Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988, Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 2011 and Mini Cooper S Countryman (R60) 2011

EDIT: The Update will be available on the 18th January

Personally i've looking forward the car pack, i've got a feeling the adventador will look amazing and go like the clappers. but with regards to the Route X i agree fully it probably some useless track which someone at PD has gone WOW look how boring and useless this track is lets put in an update. The only thing i dont understand why the sudden interest for electric cars who uses them?

One of the cars in the car pack is a Nissan(hmm, I wonder why;)), do we need the Jag? We already have the '89 XJR-9 on the game. New track sounds good, but is it good? I have a feeling it could be a track that resembles Complex String from GT3(if it is, it's good), but we won't know until it gets released.

There are still a couple of things that are being updated fixed and most probaly then broken are regarding the electric cars espically the "patch" where electric cars run without the acllerator being pressed, my question is why has it taken over a year find that car can practially drive itself? Some people may think I might overreacting over this, but I am starting to get extremely annoyed these updates, maybe it is tome PD sat down do some proper work for example improve their online services but instead they make oval tracks which are a complete waste of time.. That's my moan for day out the way :)

I see your point Bradley, the one of the main issues we have with PD is the fact that they tight lipped that they don't tell us when an update is coming out and when it does come out they don't tell us why they have done the update but they do partially tell us what they have done.

Not only do PD have to make the online mode much better, but actually get/create a decent track instead of an oval which we do not need as we already have Daytona and Indy; I'd rather have Valencia(the one named after the late 50cc GP champion)on GT5 than a new oval or bring back some of the classic tracks like Red Rock Valley and Grindelwald. Plus, I really do not see the point of that Countryman being in the game either. What my point really is is this: WE DO NOT NEED AN OVAL :mad:

I don't know where you got the idea that the track/cars were going to be part of the update, because they are not.

The track is part of a 'Speed Test DLC' which goes on sale tomorrow for almost £5. Rip off.

The cars are part of the third car DLC, also for almost £5. Rip off.

The actual update itself only does the following and is available right now:

[Other Improvements]
- 12 new My Home theme colours and 12 new wallpapers for [GT Mode] have been added to the game.
- Tyre wear speed prediction has been added to the pit stop decisions in B-Spec.
- Regenerative braking in electric cars has been made stronger to extend driving range.
- Electric cars will now also creep forward when the brake is released without pressing the accelerator.
- The downforce produced by the fan is now calculated in the performance points of the Chaparral 2J race car.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- A issue has been corrected where the car would pit in unintentionally during the last lap of a B spec race.

Absolutely, positively, inexcusably worthless.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back