Upcoming licenses

Seems like we will get the Nissan GTR GT3 officially in the Dream Pack DLC (look at Marco's FB page ;) )

Hell yes! Just trying to remember what else got voted for? R8 LMS was top voted Audi, so is it safe to expect that too? I certainly hope so! A big gaggle of GT3 cars and the N24 layout of the ring? I quit my job! I quit my family! Fit me with a feeding tube and a colostomy bag, I ain't coming back!!!!

What Marco is managing to pull off licensing-wise is just incredible ;)

Hell yes! Just trying to remember what else got voted for? R8 LMS was top voted Audi, so is it safe to expect that too? I certainly hope so! A big gaggle of GT3 cars and the N24 layout of the ring? I quit my job! I quit my family! Fit me with a feeding tube and a colostomy bag, I ain't coming back!!!!

What Marco is managing to pull off licensing-wise is just incredible ;)

Aston Martin GTE?

As far as I know, yes. It's run by the Kellys but they have support from Nismo.

Just had another thought... The GTR Group A from 1992 would be amazing...

group_a_bathurst_winning_nissan_skyline_gt_r_02-0530.jpg
yes this car needs to be included :)

I must admit being sceptical about the whole community poll thing. It seemed a bit too good to be true. How little faith I had! Didn't we only finish voting for this car and the Ring something like two weeks ago!? Pretty good going! :D

What I would ask for in my predictably pedantic style, is that we get the '13 or '14 car; that's the 2012 car shown I think. Just to keep it all nice and up to date :)

@BanjoMaster maybe they have all the licenses of those cars already before they did a poll :)

Would look really bad if the community voted a car they can't license.

I wondered the same thing myself several times, but going from what Marco has posted about licensing in general, this would have cost them an absolute fortune to do this? They did say loud and clear on the surveys that they would try and get all the licenses voted for, but it did seem like a risk to put forward tracks and manufacturers that they might not be able to afford. It’s a nice thought them already having all of those mentioned, especially as there were more than a few firms on the list that I personally would much rather have than Ruf or Alfa, but I don’t see how they’d be able to get through them all, especially as their existing licenses are also expanding. And all the tracks listed? No way they’d manage to churn them out unless they brought in masses of (expensive) help. My best guess was that Marco had made contact with all those mentioned, whittled them down to the ones they knew they could afford, and then left it to us to put forward our decision. Even that raises some interesting questions though. For instance, La Sarthe came in 2nd on the track poll – isn’t that supposed to be quite an expensive track to license, not to mention difficult to scan? Questions, questions, and more questions, none of them likely to be answered any time soon :D

Licenses don't cost millions. It all depends on the agreements you make with the car manufacturer. Some are really easy going such as Nissan and Lotus (you see them in every game, as they seem to understand the marketing value of being in a videogame).

So for me an "absolute fortune" does't mean much without knowing the real figures :) Maybe Kunos is investing the early access revenue into DLC licenses. Would be a logical move for the future.

Whatever the outcome, I am happy and grateful for every new car. So far it goes really well.

I must admit being sceptical about the whole community poll thing. It seemed a bit too good to be true. How little faith I had! Didn't we only finish voting for this car and the Ring something like two weeks ago!? Pretty good going! :D

What I would ask for in my predictably pedantic style, is that we get the '13 or '14 car; that's the 2012 car shown I think. Just to keep it all nice and up to date :)
I read once that Marco tried to get as many licenses in 2013 as possible, because the taxes are more expensive in 2014.

As they made most earnings in 2013 (inital sales at release will problaby be the bulk of the sales), I imagine they want to have as much costs as possible in 2013 to offset the costs against the earnings to keep the profit as low as possible.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%