Unwanted night races.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I did hear someone on a glowing GSC 2013 review mention something about F1 night racing at modern interlagos. So the first thing I tried when I got GSC 2013, was a 2pm daytime F1 race at Brazil and although the practice and qualify sessions were held in there expected sunny time slots, the race kept on running at night. I wasn't to worried as most of the other cars and tracks were fine. But then it got worse, I installed a few tracks and skins etc, now all races are at night. I do concede my involvement, as I have to except responsibility for any installed mods, but I am curious to know if anyone else has had similar problems, or if anyone knows a way out of this sticky mess with out a complete re-install. I think most of the damage was done by a menu interface program that mainly went to the rfm folder which I didn't back up first. I wanted to get rid of it anyway because although the menu looks nice, track maps don't show in the selection screen. I could delete the files manually but it looks like a long and complicated, high risk job. I have run the sync exe. but not since yesterday. I might try it again as I'm out of ideas. Cheers Brett. Back to some night racing (strange, freaky headlights?) .

So the mods have nothing to do with it? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssshhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I must have been fooling around with the "timescale" continuum. I haven't tried it yet so I hope it works. Thanks so much for your help Rupe. Nicely done....... :roflmao:

Hi, Brett here. I posted a thread earlier, possibly in the wrong section, which I now can't find, so I thought I might start it again here. With qualify and practice working fine, it seems I can only have night races. It was suggested to me in the previous thread to make changes to the time scale, but no matter how I set the time scale, I'm still racing at night. As I mentioned In my previous thread, I have taken it upon myself to install a few mods and I am worried I may have over juiced it a little. If anyone has any ideas, I'm just really hoping to avoid a complete reinstall. I hope the sun comes up soon, It's like racing at the pole in winter.:ninja:

Just thought I'd let you know I got confused and couldn't find this thread and posted a new one, whoops. Anyway it should explain where I'm up to now;

"Hi, Brett here. I posted a thread earlier, possibly in the wrong section, which I now can't find, so I thought I might start it again here. With qualify and practice working fine, it seems I can only have night races. It was suggested to me in the previous thread to make changes to the time scale, but no matter how I set the time scale, I'm still racing at night. As I mentioned In my previous thread, I have taken it upon myself to install a few mods and I am worried I may have over juiced it a little. If anyone has any ideas, I'm just really hoping to avoid a complete reinstall. I hope the sun comes up soon, It's like racing at the pole in winter.:ninja: "
brett22, 53 minutes ago Edit Report

Last edited:
Just thought I'd let you know I got confused and couldn't find this thread and posted a new one, whoops. Anyway it should explain where I'm up to now;

"Hi, Brett here. I posted a thread earlier, possibly in the wrong section, which I now can't find, so I thought I might start it again here. With qualify and practice working fine, it seems I can only have night races. It was suggested to me in the previous thread to make changes to the time scale, but no matter how I set the time scale, I'm still racing at night. As I mentioned In my previous thread, I have taken it upon myself to install a few mods and I am worried I may have over juiced it a little. If anyone has any ideas, I'm just really hoping to avoid a complete reinstall. I hope the sun comes up soon, It's like racing at the pole in winter.:ninja: "
brett22, 53 minutes ago Edit Report
Its not just the timescale you need to change....its also the race Start Time. If not ...then run the gsc_sync.exe in your game folder. This will compare your game files with the official installed game files. And give you a list of the files that have been altered from stock. Let it sync and it will download the stock files and reinstall them. Be warned though.... any files that have been modded...WILL BE REPLACED. Modded files will be replaced...Not addon files. You should be all squared up now. :)

If you are into running lots of mods and addons...then i would strongly suggest a mod enabler\disabler . I use Generic Mod Enabler. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/251022-using-jonesoft-generic-mod-enabler/ I know it says its for world of tanks but it works with all my race sims. rF , GSC 12-13, GTR2, Race07, GTL ,F1 2010-13 etc. Its a great tool that helps you from mucking up a whole install because of 2 mods that clash...etc. It will allow you to install\uninstall mods and such without contaminating your install. Great little tool thats saved me lots of headaches. Happy sim racing :)

Last edited:
Its not just the timescale you need to change....its also the race Start Time. If not ...then run the gsc_sync.exe in your game folder. This will compare your game files with the official installed game files. And give you a list of the files that have been altered from stock. Let it sync and it will download the stock files and reinstall them. Be warned though.... any files that have been modded...WILL BE REPLACED. Modded files will be replaced...Not addon files. You should be all squared up now. :)

If you are into running lots of mods and addons...then i would strongly suggest a mod enabler\disabler . I use Generic Mod Enabler. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/251022-using-jonesoft-generic-mod-enabler/ I know it says its for world of tanks but it works with all my race sims. rF , GSC 12-13, GTR2, Race07, GTL ,F1 2010-13 etc. Its a great tool that helps you from mucking up a whole install because of 2 mods that clash...etc. It will allow you to install\uninstall mods and such without contaminating your install. Great little tool thats saved me lots of headaches. Happy sim racing :)

Thanks for your help, everything seems a lot better now after running the sync again. I will certainly investigate that mod manager you mentioned. I'm sure it will help free up some room, allowing me to consolidate some of my many rfactor lite installs.:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.3%