unwanted file automatically downloads every time I access RD

Every time I come to RaceDepartment website I file called hbpix downloads automatically to my PC. It doesn't ask for my permission, it simply downloads automatically.
I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Google Chrome, everything is up to date on my PC, I run anti-virus & anti-spyware regularly so I don't think it's a problem on my end. The same happens when I access RD on my smartphone, both in the Samsung internet app and in Google Chrome for Android.
I'd like to know how to block this file from downloading automatically.

Last edited:
Sounds very irritating :(
I can't reproduce it on my system, using FF or Chrome, even when not logged in or using an ad-blocker. Also, our server logs show no evidence of anything with hbpix in the name being accessed from our website.
If I had to guess, based on a quick google session, I'd say it's some sort of tracking image sent by an advertiser and that your location or cookie history is influencing what ad is being served to each of your browsing sessions. The fact that it's coming over as a downloaded file is weird (and a bit broken) all the same.
Does it show up when you try it in an incognito browsing session? (Or if you use a proxy located in another country, if you happen to use such a thing.)

@Dave Stephenson may know more...

Yeah, I also came across that page, thanks. However, it's basically entirely devoid of useful and specific information about hbpix. It seems to be one of those "info" pages in which they substitute a word (hbpix in this case) into their standard template and let Google index it for them.
The instructions about removal are totally bogus for this particular item. In fact, the only thing they've done apart from a text-substitution is to add a picture or two with the word in it as well.

No useful info in there.

Of the links I went through the most useful was this one. One of the last posts lists the 2 websites below:
http://idpix.media6degrees.com
http://ads.pubmatic.com
In Google Chrome I went to settings > privacy & security > content settings > cookies > block third-party cookies. I also blocked the 2 websites listed above in cookies and in content settings > automatic downloads. So far I Haven't had any automatic downloads.

I am getting the same automatically file downloaded to my pc when accessing RD. Also the computer at work. I see something today, a Chrome pop up that says: "RD wants to download many files to your computer, allow or block?" I blocked of course. I am just reporting it here. I read in the link above it is like a bunch of harmless grey pixels it seems tho.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back