F1 2011 Unrealistic tmes in Legend?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi!

I´m actually racing at Spa with Williams, 1st season. At first, I used to race in Legend mode, but throughout the races, I´ve noticed how unrealistic P times and Q times were compared to real life. Way to fast. So now, I set P1, 2 and 3 as well as Q to Professional, with times much closer to the real thing, and for races I go back to Legend, as I see the differences are not as huge during races. Nevertheless, I fell a bit disturbed, as it feels like cheating a bit, even though I know from my point of view it is more realistic... Has it happened to you? What do you think about that?

What makes you say that Krisiannn as the general consensus is that they are not effected in the same way as human drivers by fuel load and tyre wear. Pretty much every race I have I am much quicker as the race goes on while the AI don't seem to find the same improvement in pace.

Ok I have done Spa's race and recorded some data. I remember I run for Force India, 1st season, no assist, 50% race lenght, all sims on, AI difficulty setted to Legend. So Hamilton did the pole with 1'43'207. I have signed 1'44''206 that gave me the 4th place in the starting grid. I do some consideration now. I have a gap of about 1 second with the poleman; in race I'll expect to have a gap with the best racers (lets say Hamilton) of about 1 second. Ok go on. At the end of the race my fastest lap was 1'47'867. The race's fastest lap was 1'44'905 (Hamilton). My team mate Suttil did 1'47'168. I have a gap with the best of about 3 seconds. In qualify it was only 1 second. More, Suttil, that was been always slower than me, in race gave me 0,7 second. I agree that the times are relative; they depend on pit stop strategy, race conditions (free circuit, attack, defense etc...), but I can say this thing happened almost in every race I did. Maybe I have a very bad race setup? :)
For the chronicle, the race of spa was good for me. At the start I could reach the head of race, and kept it till the last pit stop (2 pit stop strategy: start with soft, than hard-hard). I finished 3rd after a purely defensive race.

What makes you say that Krisiannn as the general consensus is that they are not effected in the same way as human drivers by fuel load and tyre wear. Pretty much every race I have I am much quicker as the race goes on while the AI don't seem to find the same improvement in pace.

It is not affected the same way, but it is. I've been modding the AI a lot of time now, and I've found it out. :)

[quote="kristiannn, post: 1139080, member: 84875"]It is not affected the same way, but it is. I've been modding the AI a lot of time now, and I've found it out. :)[/quote]
Which is exactly my point. AI do not get as much penalty on High fuel or as much advantage on low fuel.
Human drivers find more pace during the race some tracks the improvement compared to AI imrovement is more than 1/2 second.

Monaco AI top eight made 1.12XX on free practice, legend, GP mode... LOL:confused:

The difficulty in GP mode is a way harder than career mode, dont know why... In the GP mode the teams have a proper performance (Vettel is fastest, Button second), but in the career me and Michael leading, the second team is Force India, third - HRT LOL

Also has any1 noticed how madly fast AI are in Wets. I mean F1 2010 in the wets I could just lap people literally by 5 or more laps...but in 2011 It just feels like ice skating. This has to be the first game...not sim cuz is not a sim...but game overall across all platforms where i just cant seem to control the car (no assists). I driven in all GT series, etc u name it under wets, from coupe cars to formula renault and holy crap they arent hard , they are wet tracks, but f1 2011 just cant make up its own mind, when the track is wet AI still on dry tyres putting in fast laps, while my tyre temps go down I switch to inters and they just overheat.

I just gave up on wets for 2011, worse transition and ridiculous AI, at least the online is a bit realistic.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back