1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Unrealistic times

Discussion in 'RBR Setups' started by LeeRex, Jan 12, 2012.

1. LeeRex

LeeRex
    Premium Member

I am not a big fan of online racing or career modes. I always drive alone and race against the clock. Right now I am trying to tame Hualapai II. My best time is 4:05 and after watching many of the videos posted online, I'm right in the mix. But the stage record is 3:30 and I can't conceive of that being possible. So I have to wonder: Is there cheating going on here? If not, then what could their setups possibly be? I'm not the best or worst but I did beat the Rally School test with a 1:20.9. Are the stage records realistic or arbitrary? Are there people who are really that good?

2. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

There is no cheating. At Rallyesim official championships, those times are beaten by 20 seconds or more sometimes, the default records are supposed to be realistic.

Cheers

3. LeeRex

LeeRex
    Premium Member

I know at Rallyesim the cars have to be inspected before entering so I don't suspect them of cheating at all. But I'm scratching my head as to how they do times like those. I remember that there used to be a drop-in file that would let you drive RBR like an F1 car. I tried it once and the times were astonishing but nowhere near the real experience I was looking for when I bought the game. I found it shortly after RBR debuted back in '04 but haven't seen it since. I probably shouldn't have used the word "cheating". For that I apologize!

4. They are just people who are good at it, and have driven those stages hundreds of times.

Don't know what the Chirdonhead record is, but this is science fiction for me:

5. Alas Lee I was like you a year and a half ago.... Sadly i went through the 'cheating phase' followed by a woeful trip down the 'tweaking my own set-up' route, only to discover that it was just lack of talent (and gawd knows how many hours of practice).
    Playing on your own against the polluter does not, unfortunately, introduce you to likes of the talented drivers you will meet here.

Whats reaaaaaaaaaaaally gonna make you cry is when you do get involved, you have set your first rd rbr stage time, sitting there all itchy in your flame retarding underpants and racing hat thinking you have done well and then find out you got beat by someone on a keyboard and who was probably watching tv or surfing the web whilst kicking your ass. Sure does humble one, racing here lol.

Plus side is that it makes it all alot more intense trying to compete with the 'aliens' we have here.....

So to answer, yes they are really that good (and I am not lmao!)

Hope to see you this season!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego

Hahahaha nice one John :D

That's what it is here Lee, crazy stuff ;) competing at top level championships helps a lot! you can compete in Rallyesim or here at the RDRC and i guarantee you'll get much much better :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. LeeRex

LeeRex
    Premium Member

Confirmed! Aliens have invaded the planet and they come bearing steering wheels! And while I am calmly sitting here eating my humble pie with a side of crow, THEY ARE TAKING OVER! I say we go find these people and put a stop to this insidieous invasion! Light your torches men...we're off to Dr. Frankenstein's castle!

My God this guy is good! So I guess I'll just have to put aside my paranoia and dreams of secret setups and covert little programs. This video is the first I've seen by someone at the top level. Good for him! (the little punk;))

I'm coming back down to earth now.....(boy, the ground comes up real fast when you don't have a parachute)

But seriously, thanks to all for the input. You've all been very patient. If I can work up the guts, I'll see you on line!

8. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

The good news Lee, not everybody is like that, in fact very few of us are. :rolleyes:
    If you join us on-line in the Rally Club, or the RDRC, you are sure to find plenty of mere mortals to race with, we cover all skill levels. Many of us are just hoping to finish most of the stages in one piece.
    BTW, you WILL get much better with practice and experience with the stages, the learning curve with RBR is pretty steep, but it sure is an enjoyable education if you are patient and can keep your self control. ;)

9. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego

That guy is not at the top level

10. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick
    RDTCC S9 Champion Premium Member

Yes these aliens do exist (unfortunately for us mere mortals)

However your original point about Hualapai Nation is a good one... if I see anyone beat that 3:30 in a WRC car I might have to eat my shoes.

11. Do you know him, or are you just judging from that video? To me it looks like he's having fun, not aiming for a record. 720 degrees and sliding everywhere.

12. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego

Not top level. And i have no idea why you would post a video of you driving all relaxed and sliding if you are one of the best. I've seen the best of the best. Czech, RSRBR. He is close for sure. But not.

13. Because it's fun and looks great

14. Your lucky, its not WRC:D
    MyThiK
    Peugeot 205 Maxi F2000 14 01:05.30 02:15.86 03:24.67

RSRBR 2011 best online times: http://xi.rallyesim.com/results_best_times.asp

15. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego

MyThik, IS top level. Far far far ahead of the guy in the video

16. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick
    RDTCC S9 Champion Premium Member

Well, well... ok. :( Also the 205 maxi faster than the WRC record time. Video or no. :D

Shows how terrible I am... can only just push a low 3:40 in WRC cars there.

18. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

But the 205-time is on tarmac? I would guess that sealed surface is a bit quicker than loose surface, so a little bit there. But still an impressive time :)

19. Oh boy!! watching replays puts me to good sleep... either mine or others, same result... will never watch it at work place... :p

20. One other thing you have to be aware of Ashok is what mod/plugin someone is using. I one watched a replay of someone on the Czech plugin on mineshaft driving a 95 subaru and beating the rallyesim WRC10 records by.......................lots (I don't remember exactly but 20 secs faster comes to mind). The Czech plugin has much more grip than RSRBR and so the times are simply not comparable.