• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Unplayable

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by The36thChamber, Sep 22, 2017.

1. The36thChamber

The36thChamber

Ratings:
    +3
    pretty unplayable for me right now, I have main performance sim pedals, and I when I configure my pedal inputs I am 50% pedal its 100% in game and i can't fix it. im locking up way to much.

when I do get driving the ffb feels good, could use some adjustments, but i love fighting the car. just the pedals area nightmare right now.

Oh and that I cant click anything from my wheel I have to use the mouse to select.

2. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +248
    If your pedal only has about 50% travel, that should be 100% after calibration. It's doing it right. Try either (or both):

* Setting the braking sensitivity to between 35-40
    * In the car setup, decreasing the brake pressure

I use the Protosimtech pedals so my pedal travel is around the same. I have my braking sensitivity set to around 38.

3. The36thChamber

The36thChamber

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks, I must be blind, for some reason I didn't see sensitivity tab.

4. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +248
    If you haven't found it yet, in the Controls menu, use the Configuration tab. It will contain the sensitivity settings.

5. Jdizzy42

Jdizzy42

Ratings:
    +13
    I'm stuck at work and haven't got a chance to try the game out yet, but I did check out the ISRTV review. One thing he mentioned was that by default brake sensitivity is set to 30 or somewhere around that. Apparently setting it to 50 gives you 1 to 1 ratio to your input to what happens in game. So if your using a load cell it should be set to 50.

6. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +248
    It will depend on your pedals. If you don't have near 100% travel, I've found making it slightly less linear works better for my pedals. But, yes, see what it defaults and try it a little lower and a little higher to see what works best. 50 is not going to work for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The36thChamber

The36thChamber

Ratings:
    +3
    awesome thanks guys, any ffb tweaks you have done?

8. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +248
    I always prefered a little SoP (Seat of the Pants) feeling with SMS's FFB, so that will be increasing Tone if you are using the Informative preset. I increase Tone to about 58 and FX to 55. That was about it for me. You can go wild with tweak files again (on the PC) but I didn't really feel the need for it.

9. The36thChamber

The36thChamber

Ratings:
    +3
    well messing with those didn't make any difference. i took it down to 0 and still would be at 100% when im at 50-60% on my end.

10. The36thChamber

The36thChamber

Ratings:
    +3
    finally got it to configure, i don't know what i did but it works. haha. now I just need a button on my wheel to let me click instead of using the mouse

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dexter

Dexter
    Dexter73 Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    what wheel and pedals use ?

12. The36thChamber

The36thChamber

Ratings:
    +3
    Csw v2, and main performance sim pedals

13. blanes

blanes

Ratings:
    +121
    Just a thought but can you perhaps change your topic title by adding : Solved ?

14. Dexter

Dexter
    Dexter73 Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    what settings use for wheel in game and presets ?

15. The36thChamber

The36thChamber

Ratings:
    +3
    im still trying to figure out what I like best

16. The36thChamber

The36thChamber

Ratings:
    +3
    how do i change topic title?

17. blanes

blanes

Ratings:
    +121
    Sorry bad assumption on my part, I guess only the mods can change it. You could PM them I think but is not a huge thing so maybe not worth to bother.