1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Unofficial Championship Creator for Game Stock Car 2012

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by FerrariMan96, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Want to make your own custom championships for your favourite sim Game Stock Car 2012, just like you used to for rFactor? Did you use Championship Manager to do so with ease? Don't know how to do it manually in Game Stock Car 2012?

If this is you, here's your solution :)

In a thread in this forum (read it here) a discussion was being held about how to create custom championships in Game Stock Car 2012. I decided to take it upon myself to write a batch file/program to make the process slightly easier.

This batch file essentially does the same thing as CTDP's Championship Manager for rFactor, but for Game Stock Car 2012. Whilst it supports the use of add-on tracks (because it scans the Game Stock Car 2012 install for them), it doesn't support the use of mods that add cars, not that any exist AFAIK. Besides, that's what rFactor's for - the stock content here is great!

Also, before using, please read the ReadMe, which I have copied below:

Finally, here is the download button :)
    Enjoy :)

Cheers, FerrariMan96.

P.S. Please leave feedback if you like the program and also if you find any errors/bugs ;)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Maybe an upload to the RD download section would be good :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ah of course! I completely forgot about the downloads!

EDIT: Changed link to RD downloads :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. EDIT
    this one is working perfectly, thanks very much Ferrariman ! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks :) Glad to know its working ;)

6. FerrariMan
    sorry, just one minor problem found :) The vehicle filter for mini challenge needs to be changed to Reiza5 I think. The championship is appearing in the menu but is not selectable as it states 'needs a vehicle'. I haven't tried any of the others.

7. Ok, I will change it when I get a chance... Would you mind telling me where 'Reiza5' came from?i will need to check other series...

8. I checked in GameData/Vehicles/Mini_Challenge. Look at one of the VEH files in a team folder. Under classes, it says Reiza5
    I typed that in place of where you typed MINI_CHALLENGE and it now works.
    So your StockV8 should work fine, but I think the others might need amending (for instance F3 might need to be Reiza3) But, I have not had chance to check the others, just the Mini.
    Cheers :)

9. Series - class name

Camaros - Reiza1
    FReiza - Reiza2
    F3 - Reiza3
    FClassic - Reiza4
    Mini - Reiza5
    StockV8 - StockV8

10. Ok updated to v1.11... should be fine now :)

11. Thank you so much FerrariMan! Great job

12. Thanks for this, i have just setup a 12 race Formula Reiza Championship and it was a breeze to do. Just a couple of fine tuning questions though...

1. How can you change the names of the drivers? I have renamed them in the C:\GSC2012 "Talent" folder but nothing has changed when in the game.
    2. Is it possible to alter the performance of each team or driver? Reiza have done most of the work but i wish to fine tune it based on the 2012 season so far.

Thx :)

13. Hi Bill, I don't think anything in the championship's file can change the names of drivers and/or their speeds, I think you're right about the talent folder but I don't know how to do it. Did you just change the names of the talent files or did you change information inside them (I'm not an expert and I'm not on my windows PC right now so I can't check what's necessary). Also, you would probably need to change some files in the Gamedata\Vehicles folder (that specify the name of the driver for a car, again not sure what to change) because in rFactor it is possible to have a driver without a talent file...

Anyway, like I said, I don't believe this has anything to do with the actual championship file so you're probably better off asking this in your own help thread in the GSC2012 forum rather than submerging your request in this thread :). Bear in mind though that I imagine this will cause online mismatches so be careful what you change :).

14. Thx for your reply FerariMan, much appreciated :thumbsup:

15. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

@Bill Devery - The driver names are set in the veh file for each team. You will have to make a copy of all the teams put it in a folder within the Reiza folder called "yourCustomTeams" then select that for the championship. Also name the catagory at the bottom of the veh file "YourCustomTeams"

If you change the default names it will probably cause mismatches if you ever race them online.

To fine tune the drivers abilities edit the talent files.

Code:
    DefaultLivery="Woking3.DDS"
    Extra0="Rside"
    Extra1="Lside"

HDVehicle=F_Reiza.hdv
    Graphics=F_Reiza.gen
    Spinner=F_Reiza_Spinner.gen
    //Upgrades="F_Reiza_Upgrades.ini"  // Vehicle upgrades information
    GenString=                    // Used to generate GMT names in *.gen file
    Cameras=F_Reiza_Cams.cam              // Defaults to cams.cfg in UserData directory
    Sounds=F_Reiza.sfx
    HeadPhysics=F_Reiza_Headphysics.ini        // Affects driver eyepoint only
    Cockpit=F_Reiza_cockpitinfo.ini

BaseVehiclePrice=0
    UnlockExperience=0

//////////////////////////TEAM HISTORY AND INFORMATION///////////////////////////////////////////

Number=3
    Team="Woking Msport"
    PitGroup="Group2"
    Driver="Harry Noble"
    Description="Form_Reiza: Harry Noble #3"
    Engine="V8"
    Manufacturer="Chevrolet"
    Classes="Reiza2"

FullTeamName="Woking Msport"
    TeamFounded=2010
    TeamHeadquarters=""
    TeamStarts=0
    TeamPoles=0
    TeamWins=0
    TeamWorldChampionships=0

Category="Formula Reiza"    <-  Change to "YourCustomTeams"

16. Thx Dave. It looks like i have to download some sort of software that will allow me to access "rcd" and "dds" files as i'm not allowed access atm :mad: When i do Dave, how do i increase and decrease individual drivers performanes...what do i change here?
    :)

17. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

@Bill Devery - You can open the rcd files with notepad and also use notepad to open the veh files in the vehicle folder. The dds files are the textures for the vehicles, windows, driver helmets and so on. You shouldnt need to edit these for what your doing.

Ive copied and pasted a typical rcd file from the talent folder below. You can change any of the entires to make your own drivers act how you want them to.

RCD FILE

Alexei Yegorov
    {

// Driver stats
    Aggression=64
    Reputation=99
    Courtesy=66
    Composure=62
    Speed=73
    Crash=20
    Recovery=15
    CompletedLaps=95