• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Undulating Forest

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by FerrariMan96, Apr 10, 2011.

1. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96

Ratings:
    +134
    Hi all :)

I have been using BTB for just over a year now, mainly mucking about to see what I can do with the Program's features...

Anyway, I figured that it's about time I started a proper project, so here we go:

UNDULATING FOREST

Sorry about the name, with so many fictional tracks floating around it's hard to come up with new names :p

This is my first public BTB Project, and I am still learning so constructive criticism is appreciated :)

Description from ReadMe:
    This is my first publically-released track for rFactor, or any racing sim/game for that matter. It is a fictional hilly course with sweeping bends, a reverse-corkscrew and a long, fast pit straight. I have 'borrowed' corners from many racetracks including Dijon-Prenois (turns 2-3), Brands hatch (after the first chicane) and Catalunya (after the corkscrew). It is great fun in both GT cars and Historic and Classic racers. As I said at the beginning this is my first public release so do not be too harsh as I am still learning. Constructive criticism is very much appreciated! :)

==========

Download v0.1: v0.2 NOW AVAILABLE - LINK AT POST #5

v0.1
    Initial Public Release
    - Base 'GP' Layout only
    - No Trees, walls, etc. Just track and approx. 80% of kerbs

To-Do/Known Issues
    - Trees. It's a forest track but the forest is yet to grow.
    - No walls or anything similar.
    - Only 20-30m terrain either side. Try to stay on the track or you may fall off!
    - Other layouts yet to be done (club circuits, maybe rally cross)
    - BTB stock AI - Not that good but they are reasonable
    - much more... it's only v0.1... probably could've called it v0.0000000000000001 tbh...

==========

Screenshots: v0.1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YouTube vid coming soon...

==========

Constructive criticism will be much appreciated :)

I also mentioned in the ReadMe that I am looking for someone to convert to the SIMBIN Titles if they wish... PM me or post here if you are interested...

FerrariMan96

2. Raido

Raido

Ratings:
    +14
    Looks promising, both in layout and in road detail. :redface: Looking forward to the next step(s)!

3. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96

Ratings:
    +134
    Glad you like it :)

Progress will hopefully be quick, am working out how best to connect club and dirt layouts ATM, so you may get a v0.2 as soon as the weekend...

4. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96

Ratings:
    +134
    v0.2 due by wed, having somke issues with the tracks

5. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96

Ratings:
    +134
    v0.2 NOW AVAILABLE

Hi all :)

This is the new WIP release - v0.2

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?6y9fusuwr8un804

BEFORE INSTALLING:
    - Delete any Previous versions from ~\rFactor\GameData\Locations
    - Delete ~\rFactor\UserData\LOG\HAT\GP.HAT

This must be done as the old track conflicts with the new version

Change Log:

v0.2
    - More kerbs added
    - Base Dirt layout added
    - Connector road added between Dirt and GP layouts

====================

To-Do/Known Issues
    - Trees. It's a forest track but the forest is yet to grow.
    - No walls or anything similar.
    - Only 20-30m terrain either side. Try to stay on the track or you may fall off!
    - Other layouts yet to be done (club circuits, more dirt/rally cross)
    - Dirt layout still needs to be tweaked
    - BTB stock AI - Not that good but they are reasonable
    - No AI for Dirt track. If you use this layout Flag Rules should be turned OFF
    - The terrain is very basic and rough in places
    - much more...

Hope you enjoy! Feedback is appreciated :)

Sorry I cannot post any images/videos but I don't have much time right now...

FM96