1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undulating Forest

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by FerrariMan96, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Hi all :)

I have been using BTB for just over a year now, mainly mucking about to see what I can do with the Program's features...

Anyway, I figured that it's about time I started a proper project, so here we go:

UNDULATING FOREST

Sorry about the name, with so many fictional tracks floating around it's hard to come up with new names :p

This is my first public BTB Project, and I am still learning so constructive criticism is appreciated :)

Description from ReadMe:
    This is my first publically-released track for rFactor, or any racing sim/game for that matter. It is a fictional hilly course with sweeping bends, a reverse-corkscrew and a long, fast pit straight. I have 'borrowed' corners from many racetracks including Dijon-Prenois (turns 2-3), Brands hatch (after the first chicane) and Catalunya (after the corkscrew). It is great fun in both GT cars and Historic and Classic racers. As I said at the beginning this is my first public release so do not be too harsh as I am still learning. Constructive criticism is very much appreciated! :)

==========

Download v0.1: v0.2 NOW AVAILABLE - LINK AT POST #5

v0.1
    Initial Public Release
    - Base 'GP' Layout only
    - No Trees, walls, etc. Just track and approx. 80% of kerbs

To-Do/Known Issues
    - Trees. It's a forest track but the forest is yet to grow.
    - No walls or anything similar.
    - Only 20-30m terrain either side. Try to stay on the track or you may fall off!
    - Other layouts yet to be done (club circuits, maybe rally cross)
    - BTB stock AI - Not that good but they are reasonable
    - much more... it's only v0.1... probably could've called it v0.0000000000000001 tbh...

==========

Screenshots: v0.1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YouTube vid coming soon...

==========

Constructive criticism will be much appreciated :)

I also mentioned in the ReadMe that I am looking for someone to convert to the SIMBIN Titles if they wish... PM me or post here if you are interested...

FerrariMan96

2. Looks promising, both in layout and in road detail. :redface: Looking forward to the next step(s)!

3. Glad you like it :)

Progress will hopefully be quick, am working out how best to connect club and dirt layouts ATM, so you may get a v0.2 as soon as the weekend...

4. v0.2 due by wed, having somke issues with the tracks

5. v0.2 NOW AVAILABLE

Hi all :)

This is the new WIP release - v0.2

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?6y9fusuwr8un804

BEFORE INSTALLING:
    - Delete any Previous versions from ~\rFactor\GameData\Locations
    - Delete ~\rFactor\UserData\LOG\HAT\GP.HAT

This must be done as the old track conflicts with the new version

Change Log:

v0.2
    - More kerbs added
    - Base Dirt layout added
    - Connector road added between Dirt and GP layouts

====================

To-Do/Known Issues
    - Trees. It's a forest track but the forest is yet to grow.
    - No walls or anything similar.
    - Only 20-30m terrain either side. Try to stay on the track or you may fall off!
    - Other layouts yet to be done (club circuits, more dirt/rally cross)
    - Dirt layout still needs to be tweaked
    - BTB stock AI - Not that good but they are reasonable
    - No AI for Dirt track. If you use this layout Flag Rules should be turned OFF
    - The terrain is very basic and rough in places
    - much more...

Hope you enjoy! Feedback is appreciated :)

Sorry I cannot post any images/videos but I don't have much time right now...

FM96