F1 2012 'Understeer' is actually faulty grip levels: CM fix inside

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
CM explains why there IS an understeer issue:

"Hi guys, just to let you know that we’ve adjusted track information that will provide a more uniform level of grip across the entire surface. This update will be going live in patch #4 later today.

We’ll post the patch notes later this afternoon!"

grip levels needed to be more uniform

yeah, i guess that means that you will loose a little less grip when driving offline.
If you enter the corner too fast even on the racing line or turn the wheel further than your front tyres can handle you will (hopefully) still run wide ...

Like I said on my thread about this.. A more uniform grip level is extremely vague. Where di you get that information from, out of interest.. What is your source?

And, I don't know why you're arguing. How can there be an "understeer issue" when many people do not experience the same problems as you?

It's not as if we 'fixed' anything or found a problem - after the recent hands-on day in Southam we did pick up on a few comments to do with understeer.

More or less that is the opening sentence. I think we both have a different understanding of what that sentence means.
What he says is that it's difficult to 'feel' the limit of the car, which should be adressed, but there is nothing in there that says anything about changing the actual limit of the car.
The understeer you are perceiving is just pushing the car over it limits ...

As I pointed out above that post was referring to the demo

"Pre-release demos are always created earlier than you'd really want, simply because you have a big list of things that might be annoying you that you want to look into... but don't have the time to resolve for an early demo. Add in the fact that tinkering with the demo means a retest and you can see why it can go out earlier than we might want.

The game we got on release was already different to this in terms of some of it's handling.

CM used the word understeer, not me.

CM also said that [while not 'fixing' anything], this issue was bothering them & they will implement changes to make

Loore wrote:
quite a meaningful difference to the handling consistency, the grip levels and massively reduces understeer frustrations (especially so when racing).
simply know that I want this 'change' to make it through as soon as possible.

Patch News #4
Today sees patch #4 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012.

This update addresses a number of issues, including:

• Understeer: Adjusted track information to provide a more uniform level of grip across the entire surface
  • Fixed an issue where some users (especially those on laptops) were unable to change their resolution.
  • Fixed a crash in Co-op when trying to resume a session at the start of a Qualifying session that neither player would take part in.
  • Fixed issues with the weather system in Instant Replays / Race Replays which could instantly change the track wetness level.
  • Removed engine damage from the list of damaged parts that can force a pit stop to take priority over a drive through penalty.
  • Changed the Prime tyre compound to Hard for Suzuka to match the race this weekend. This change will not affect Time Attack which will continue to use the Medium compound tyre.
  • Added a white cross to the DRS OSD to indicate to that it is unavailable because of a fault.
  • Fixed a number of minor graphical issues.
  • Fixed a couple of minor issues with timers not resetting correctly.
Other changes of note:
  • Added a Skip Session option so players can leave any session without having to complete it.
  • Tweaked force feedback for all devices.
  • Improved the lighting on Singapore.
Known issue:
Saves not synchronising with the Steam cloud. If you are experiencing issues with saves uploaded to Steam’s cloud, we recommend using saved games stored on your local drive/PC.

The fixes listed above and those specific to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are also being tested and verified on those platforms. As these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

That only sounds to me that they adjusted the grip outside of racing line little closer to racing line's. Hopefully not virtually the same, cause that would be just unrealistic and dismissing a nice realistic feature..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back