F1 2012 unable too put in or switch setup after u quali!!!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
this is kinda shitty wen u join a game and there qualifying and u go too the race u can't put a setup in u have to run a default 1??? so u don't wanna join games now that r qualifying already!! and wen u do make it in too qualify and u go run a lap u can't change ur setup only ur front wing???? I sure hope they fix this, other than that I liked the handling and graphics ;•)

It's too do with the parc-ferme rules. It does suck I agree but then again it stops people using a set up used in time trails to get pole and then switching to a more conservative set up for the race. If you join half way through then it should be a little more customisable I agree but to what degree?

He means if you join at any point after Qually has started you can't do anything to the setup at all due to Parc Ferme restrictions, even though the rule states "Parc Ferme rules apply from the time a car first goes out in Qually", and since you haven't gone out the rule should not apply. Seems to be an oversight. Just like adding Parc Ferme but not including online practice >_>.

Much as I like the rule, it should be relaxed for online play. You get no practice (to tweak a setup), and only 1 quali session.

I think you ought to be able to tweak your setup all through quall, THEN it is locked off for the race. Full Parc Ferme rules are more appropriate for career races.

I did my 1st online race with friends yesterday. I have not driven the track in a Williams and had no setup. So I take guess at some settings, and the gearbox was hitting the limiter way too early, I return to the pits and I can't do anything about it.

Of course devoted players will have setups already, but in the short quali period online, a bit of leeway would be preferable.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%