Unable to donate via PayPal

Hi

When trying to donate, I get an error, saying "You cannot complete this action on the card you have selected. Please select another card."

Anybody else encountered this? Other payments work fine, just not RD's.

From the little i know the pay pal account has to have the same email address as the one you have used for RD
for it to do its automated thing and register the premium member, If its pay pal that's saying the card is not recognised
that's a paypal thing and im sorry to sy i have little knowledge with that. sorry ..
maybe Bram can help,

For the payment your email accounts need to match indeed as your account will be automatically upgrade.

However for the payment transaction itself I don't know. Paypal isn't a "card" but only needs a valid credit source in the form of a credit or bankcard i believe.

Can you make other purchases with paypal alright @Dewald Nel ?

For the payment your email accounts need to match indeed as your account will be automatically upgrade.

However for the payment transaction itself I don't know. Paypal isn't a "card" but only needs a valid credit source in the form of a credit or bankcard i believe.

Can you make other purchases with paypal alright @Dewald Nel ?

Hey

Indeed I can make other payments, I even did the VERIFY CARD payment right after, just to see if it goes through, and indeed my money went through fine. I also use only 1 email address all throughout the web.

I also bought all my games with this card, mostly via PayPal.

Very weird.

Jep very strange indeed. Don't really have a solution for it either as this is the first time this happens.

OK, so the problem is actually with my bank, who says it is set up as a recurring payment, and they refuse recurring payments. This is a bit silly from them I think.

PayPal has contacted RD, and have discussed a once-off manual payment that I can do manually. Is this doable?

Thanks.

Wait, I'll put the icing on the cake when it comes to banks doing stupid things: I can't get more than 300€ from the ATM per week...and the bank refuses to change the limit. Now guess what happened when I wanted to very pricey electronics in cash - since the VISA payment limit was set to 1000€ per week.

Exactly.

On the plus side, they agreed to change the VISA spending limit to 10.000€...so I got that going for me. :)

Well, since this thread already exists I'll use it instead of starting a new thread.
I just spent the last hour trying to donate, and now I have a headache from the total PITA it has become. :(
I only ever use (only CAN use) pre-paid debit cards online. I have a PayPal account which has sat totally unused for over a year or more. (since I created it actually .. don't have a bank account to link to it)
When I tried to donate using my current pre-paid card, it said "You cannot complete this action on the card you have selected. Please select another card." just like in the OP ... I 'registered' my address with Visa as recommended by PayPal, but still get this error.
I sure would like to donate, but I'm totally done trying for today.
Is this perhaps because, as with the OP, RaceDepartment is trying to set the payment up as a recurring payment? Not really sure why you do that if that's the case (especially since there's no indication that that is how it is being set up) .. but that would certainly cause PayPal to reject the payment. They won't do that with pre-paid debit cards (totally understandable on their part)
How can we resolve this? (not today tho, done trying. headache):sick:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back