Resource icon

Misc Ultra Realistic Graphic Mod for F1 2016 with SweetFx 2016-08-22

Login or Register an account to download this content
Installed the mod and it's working well. My monitor is an IPS 3440x1440 a Calibrated (graphic designer) display that I also use for gaming. Using this mod seems a little too desaturated and blue (at times) (some white looks incredibly blue-ish ~8500k and above.

I have 2 questions:
Can you add SweetFX SMAA ULTRA to the mod and perhaps offer a slight less blue version?

I understand you calibrated from a TV source (race) but the source will not be perfect after compression / conversion from camera - receiver.

I think a fraction warmer, max out the SMAA and it'll be absolutely fantastic!

Top job so far though.

I'm working on an Update with great better effects and different Versions for everyone. :)
I have optimized F1 2016 shaders and in combine with my better reshade settings it will be look fantastic! Without less performance or frame drops :) Optimized for all weathers and daytimes!!

Take the original and wait for the best ultra realistic mod for F1 2016 ;)

@RimJobRace: I don't have used SMAA in this mod. Your setting in F1 2016 will be overwritet from reshade when I use SMAA in sweetfx. But I will add a version with this also.

Last edited:
I'm working on an Update with great better effects and different Versions for everyone. :)
I have optimized F1 2016 shaders and in combine with my better reshade settings it will be look fantastic! Without less performance or frame drops :) Optimized for all weathers and daytimes!!

Take the original and wait for the best ultra realistic mod for F1 2016 ;)

@RimJobRace: I don't have used SMAA in this mod. Your setting in F1 2016 will be overwritet from reshade when I use SMAA in sweetfx. But I will add a version with this also.

This is good to know.
The mod is very good, and I am looking forward to the updated version. do you have a release date? I also REALLY like the idea of multiple versions with SMAA/ NO SMAA etc etc so a big thumbs up for that :)

My only real issue with the current mod was that white looked a bit too blueish. Aldo during sunset / sunrise all the colours of the sun were blown out and the sun appeared as just a white ball (no pinks/purples/reds being emitted like the default setting) you can test this by parking the car directly looking at the sunset/sunrise and switching the mod on/off.

I think project cars has very beautiful lighting, especially during sunrise/sunset and hopefully F1 2016 can look more like this.

I think the game needs a more dramatic look, darker tarmac (as it's just a flat light grey texture at the moment)
Slightly darker green trees too, the green codies uses in some tracks is just to light/fake.

This game "could" look absolutely unbelievable if they just sorted the colour pallet out as currently the game looks incredibly flat/lifeless (codemasters fault not you) :)

I'm watching Live Qually now on my calibrated IPS screen using SKYHD and the track/cars/trees/signs etc all have a deep dramatic look them which looks movie like. I have the game launched in a window (21:9 SBS) and the game looks... Like a dull, lifeless game.

Shadows, contrast and a white balance of around 6500k would be perfect.

I use a calibrated 21:9 IPS display and own a Colorimeter, so if you would like me to test the temperature of the White (on the start screen for example) using a coloerometer, on a calibrated monitor via a calibrated PC I'm more than happy to do so.

I did some testing with SweetFX and found that using a cine curve gave good contrast at around 0.4 with sat of around -0.2

If found HDR was blowing out the sun colours, but if tuned correctly can be very nice indeed. I also noticed that the in game SMAA does not damage text, however the SWEETFX SMAA seems to blur text in some cases and can look bad.

Not sure if any of the above is useful to you, but happy to help and really hope you can get out a new STUNNING beautiful looking mod soon :)

Great job man, looks really good!
The only issue I have is after I tab out of the game I try to get back and then the game crashes...

Here it worked, but the shortcut that opens the chat conversation of steam Shift + Tab is not working, I can not open the steam inside the game, how do I solve this? Thank you!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%