Resource icon

DiRT Rally Ultra+ for Dirt Rally 1.02 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
So I ended up redoing the mechanical damage focusing on the damagechance instead of scale (well I still increased the scale, these images show why :p)

Last time I figured the car took too much damage, so increase the amount of damage dealt. But even at 100% (rather than 1.2%) the car wouldn't die! The main thing that kills the car then is wear damage, so I had to lower all of those to even it out.

It dawned on me that it would probably be better to up the chance of damage being dealt to 100% (instead of 1-30%) for realism, and then tweak the collision impact triggers. I need to increase the damage scale a little as well after testing, but it is much more realistic with this setup. Despite the fact that the engine was still functional, at the end of this sequence the car was completely uncontrollable! It was a hell of a rough ride after the side-swiping the tree, and barely moved forward (no turning, no reverse) after the last crash. It took a few seconds for the engine to start!\

~80kp/h
qq0L7Ll.jpg

Gok9zZ3.jpg

bcRkVPm.jpg

NwTUUIt.jpg

~55kp/h
iiwn93y.jpg

5aIjigD.jpg

I want to increase the damage scale a little, and then tweak the individual part scales to make the car fail sooner. I should not have been able to drive away from that last one (however badly it drove)

Would be absolutely awesome to see those stone/mud particles stay a bit longer on the surface before they get deleted/become invisible!
I hope you can manage that. Thanks for your efforts, Templar!

I am not sure if thats possible, due to the particle manager limits. by increase the amount of rocks, they are removed quicker. You can increase this maximum limit on particles, but it prevents online/campaign play unfortunately.

Last edited:
It looks very good man! Is it posible to make a rim/tyre get broke as fast you hit a kind of big stone at a relative high speed?

Is it posible to make different damage settings so to speak for every part as tyre/rims, engine,gearbox etc?

As for the particle, make it as realistic as it can be but so we can play online with it?? I would love to see it in every stage of gameplay.

Does the particle mod work on rx tracks aswell?? That would higher the feeling ALOT! :)

It looks very good man! Is it posible to make a rim/tyre get broke as fast you hit a kind of big stone at a relative high speed?
all the components have their own damage scales and related settings

Is it posible to make different damage settings so to speak for every part as tyre/rims, engine,gearbox etc?
I'm unsure what you mean

As for the particle, make it as realistic as it can be but so we can play online with it?? I would love to see it in every stage of gameplay.

Does the particle mod work on rx tracks aswell?? That would higher the feeling ALOT! :)
If its a particle, its effected, regardless of game mode

Excellent work Templar. Thanks for the effort you’re putting in. From a personal point of view, I don’t play online so I’d be quite happy to use any improvements that prohibit online play.

I can't wait for this :) all tho I'm going to have a hard couple of months or so waiting for this to come out I can't bloody wait. I've been playing beam ng thinking how cool it would be to have that sort of visual and mechincal damage in Dirt Rally.

It does annoy me that this prohibits file saving because iam enjoying how tough it becomes having to drive faster to rise through the ranks of single player only for it to end in one silly move/crash will end my career.

TemplarGFX its nice to see you active on Dirt Rally again. Your contributions are greatly appreciated. If I had some spare money I would give you some money to say thanks

You won't need to wait nearly that long LOL

Ive done a base pass over all the vehicles to give huge amounts of deformation. They need a pass individually to reduce up/down and/or left/right deformation of the main body a bit, but I can work on that

I think I've got the mechanical damage almost on track (mind the pun), going 100% damage chance was the right move. Its brutal now! scrapes and little nudges do really just visual damage, but if you side-swipe something, or hit a curb/bank at speed the car will generally be un-drivable when you recover! Run into something and its over

9A1s9Kx.jpg

KMiTYLs.jpg

nFRyyTJ.jpg

EiFwVHu.jpg

I was doing quite well here, until I came up this hill with a left 5 at the top, I got a bit of air and couldnt turn, hit the rock at about 60kp/h

If you couldn't guess, the front right wheel is completely disconnected from steering and ceased up.

Oh it looks just right! As it should be, as if you hiy a solid rock in that size in real! Bloody awesome work! This and the particle mod will bring this sim to a new level! Cant say how glad I am over your effort with this mod!

Is it a way to stop the car to be all scraped just because you hit a bush or a plastic band on the stages as it is right now!?? I would love to see that unrealistic part dissapear if thats posible??

You won't need to wait nearly that long LOL

Ive done a base pass over all the vehicles to give huge amounts of deformation. They need a pass individually to reduce up/down and/or left/right deformation of the main body a bit, but I can work on that

I think I've got the mechanical damage almost on track (mind the pun), going 100% damage chance was the right move. Its brutal now! scrapes and little nudges do really just visual damage, but if you side-swipe something, or hit a curb/bank at speed the car will generally be un-drivable when you recover! Run into something and its over

9A1s9Kx.jpg

KMiTYLs.jpg

nFRyyTJ.jpg

EiFwVHu.jpg

I was doing quite well here, until I came up this hill with a left 5 at the top, I got a bit of air and couldnt turn, hit the rock at about 60kp/h

If you couldn't guess, the front right wheel is completely disconnected from steering and ceased up.
That's the way (a-huh a-huh) I like it it! (a-huh). :geek:

LADyxdu.jpg

zF7Twav.jpg

Both of these crashes were show stoppers! Similar crashes before would have maybe popped the tyre and dinged the bumper, but nothing serious like this.

Its just crazy intense driving now! I cant wait for you all to try it out. Luckily for you that should be this weekend!

Oh it looks just right! As it should be, as if you hiy a solid rock in that size in real! Bloody awesome work! This and the particle mod will bring this sim to a new level! Cant say how glad I am over your effort with this mod!

Is it a way to stop the car to be all scraped just because you hit a bush or a plastic band on the stages as it is right now!?? I would love to see that unrealistic part dissapear if thats posible??

Yes, and I have done this already. The minimum impact velocity decides if damage is displayed, and due to the way it works now, I had to raise it to make it capable of taking hard (but safe) driving without destroying the car!)

I'm pretty sure that now you can achieve even better graphics increment results with just regular GeForce Experience filters (ALT+F3 in game). Will try this out and give a review later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back