Resource icon

Cameras Ultimate Realism Mod - Scuderia Ferrari 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I gotta say...your Ferrari pack is by far the best one as far as engine sound goes. I hope you don't mind but I cut all the other stuff from the zip, like the cameras, just not my style...however I liked the sound so much that I've played a little bit of magic with the file, and gave all the cars I race in career mode that Ferrari custom engine noise.. hehe. Next best ones would have to be Lotus and Williams, aka the Renaults. Not a big fan of the Mercedes engine sounds, for both the Merc & McLaren teams. Don't know why. Love the McLaren V8 sound in real life, it's got this nasty snarl, abrasive sound to it, probably my favorite V8 engine in terms of noise, but in the vanilla game, and with this mod, I'm just not digging it. I realize you can only take it so far with the tools you have at your dispsal.

Anyway as I was saying, the ferrari mod is the first sound package I've heard in an F1 codies game that in particular replay cameras, sounds like a genuine F1 car doing a fly-by.. It really captures that deafening scream. When I first heard it I was like "Whoaaa.." ----

On another note, it's time for Codemasters, especially with F1 2015 around the corner, to implement some modding tools, like Assetto Corsa and rFactor has in terms of noise. If you go and play those games, the sounds the modders are able to put in are 99.9% authentic F1 sounds. Whether from the turbo era, or the V8/V10 era. I mean, if you play two in-car clips, one from AC or rFactor, and one from the real deal, you can't tell the diffference. Codemasters certainly should be able to implement something like that for the PC crowd.. at least open up the sound engine for tweaking, or allowing us to import our own sounds. If they did that, and we got to drive around in F1 2015 with practically authentic 2015 V6 Turbo sounds, it would immediately be a hit more so than the other games.. We can mod pretty much everything else with the exception of chassis' --- make it so CM.

Examples:

These are some of the best engine sounds I've ever heard in a sim, and they came from mods. There's even better examples out there but I just can't be bothered to look em all up. If the F1 2015 PC version allowed us to import our own sounds, i'd be in heaven..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back