Resource icon

Skins Ultimate Legend Mod 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Meff28s updated Ultimate Legend Mod with a new update entry:

Ultimate Legend Mod V2.0 + Fictional 2014 Season

zu3o.jpg

Updated Roster & All Graphics (Helmets, Liveries, Suits etc..)

+ Includes Working normal game with Gustavo Luna's F1 2014 Fictional Mod v1.1

p6hg.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'll start off by saying the v2 of this mod is damn good work. The original was good, but v2 is quite a bit better (IMHO). I hate to mess with work of this quality, but that said, It's my installation and I didn't want everything the mod had to offer either, namely the 2014 stuff (at least not yet)... and I feel that if I'm taking the time to mod a game I play a ton, I want it to be the way I want it.

If you're willing to dig a little in the weeds, and take the time it requires, you can pretty much get it. It's said over and over, but make sure you backup your original game files before making any changes. I haven't finished figuring out everything I want yet, but so far I've installed the following from it:

1) New raceload.jpk
2) The "cars" folder
3) "The interiors" folder
4) The "frontend" folder

I also installed a custom skin for Mclaren, and you have to put the skins in the livery_00 and livery_01 folders now. These files look to be the same as in the livery_main folder, but driver specific I guess? (not sure), so you have to change your skinning method a little.

One thing I restored to original was the cameras.xml for all the 2013 cars, because I use the T-cam when I'm racing. The G-forces effect on the camera are really nice for the cockpit view because they are done quite well, and I use the cockpit view often when doing TTs, but when I'm in a race, I prefer the T-cam to be fixed.

The main things I wanted from the mod are the 80's skins and to not have to switch the raceload.jpk file back and forth when I switched between the 2013 and 80's cars. A few things I still need to fix in my installation, whenever I get around to it (if I ever care to):

1) Mark Webber's card picture is not correct
2) Kimi Raikkonen's card picture is not correct as he's in his 2014 Ferrari suit
3) The 80's driver names are still the original names (assuming) because I haven't changed the database.bin file

The biggest change i did in the database is changing liveries for each classic driver. It would be a mess without those changed lines. The original Williams team (Jones/Prost) now do not refer to the c02 folder : Stewart is on a c01 car and Piquet is on a c12 car in a c13 folder. Anyway i'll try to put a tutorial to allow someone to not copy/paste the database file ;)

EDIT : Very first post edited with instructions !

Last edited:
Of course, like every mod from this forum which use a database file.

OK. I didn't know that. last year I was using Realism Mod for F1 2012 which uses database file and a was able to continue. But never mind. I was at the end of season 5 anyway :) And I really like your mod good work. But you maybe could have made Mika's McLaren instead of 1999 Ferrari or Williams. Would look more like the real McLaren from 1998 :)

Yes I've seen this problem and it is because of the Raceload.jpk file (multilivery mod) and this is impossible to fix without always changing the raceload file each time you run the game.
By the way I didn't understand what you said about Mika's McLaren, what would you want to mean ?

Yes I've seen this problem and it is because of the Raceload.jpk file (multilivery mod) and this is impossible to fix without always changing the raceload file each time you run the game.
By the way I didn't understand what you said about Mika's McLaren, what would you want to mean ?

I meant since the car is from 1998 it would be better to replace the livery of a 1999 Ferrari or 1999 Williams with 1998 McLaren. But Now I see it is impossible because of Raceload.jpk

sorry but with this wonderful work would be nice to see a whole season with the gaming of old cars in the championship in 2013? -chargingcar did a test with the lotus inserting it into the grid in 2013 .... 'cause do not make a league with old cars on the grid in 2013? http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/posts/1539745/

:D Ah ah !I'm already involved into several conversations to talk about a Classic Full Grid Mod ^^ but it is hard to choose which driver, which car, which year etc...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%