Resource icon

Misc Ultimate Cockpit Movement 1.6.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
it's not that my friend. when I look back it works ok. The mirrors on the side of the car are problem.they are blank.it's tough to drive with cockpit view, when you cant see if someone else is getting near you in corners. :) that's my problem. :)

C:\Users\Yourname ????? \Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2012\hardwaresettings

Open notepad and drop this into it and check you have this line enabled.

Goto
<mirrors enabled="true" forceBilinear="false" width="2048" height="512" car_maxlod="0" car_culldist="500.0" />

nope.that doesn't help either. i thing it's low-end GPU. thanks anyway. love your work on this thing.it's more lively in the cockpit now! ;)

Which part of camera.xml file do i edit to raise the cock pit up so i could see less road .. at the moment the cockpit view i could see too much of the road infront of me ..

Thanks in advance.

What do I have to modify if I want to add head movement into corner?
Thanks,

Depends what view you want to edit.
im using cockpit,bonnet,and chase.
They all use different settings so it depends what view you wish to edit.
combined there is over 20 or so variables to edit,
each effect has distance ,speed ,speed responce ,speed to reset back to center,
Your question is to vague

Well, I'm using the Ego cam editor and the only thing it would let me modify is one camera position, nothing more...
So, do you believe I have to use another program?

Thanks again for your reply.

Well, I'm using the Ego cam editor and the only thing it would let me modify is one camera position, nothing more...
So, do you believe I have to use another program?

Thanks again for your reply.

Had a look at the program its way to basic to be any use for it only edits fov and positions that only takes seconds to edit with notepad.
Drop the program and edit manually.

Opened it with notepad and ouch... a lot of data in there!
Can you please point me in the right direction for head movement (looking into corners) modification?
Thanks again

Opened it with notepad and ouch... a lot of data in there!
Can you please point me in the right direction for head movement (looking into corners) modification?
Thanks again

be aware if you edit the cam so it moves faster and more to look to apex or lean as you turn it will make you feel sick after 20 or so min of playing.
Lean is off on all these cams because of that.

If you do edit and find a setting your happy with dont paste the complete camera to another car for there all different.
The center line on all the models are different X Y Z so just keep that in mind.
For example if you edit the hight on a car and added .02 onto .01 to make .03 on y axis you cant just paste .03 on a diferent car Y value if it wasnt .01 to begin with. You would just add .02 onto what ever is there.

Setup the xml converters target to the destination the car cam your editing to a simple save on notpad plus and a simple click on convert will have it ready to load.
No need to quit the game just load from main screen on a timed lap.
Have game running in window mode and alt tab to get to full screen.
keep game gfx to a minimum to lower loading times.
Load test edit save convert load test edit save convert load test , edit save convert load test edit save convert.
Do this over and over and over again testing as you do and once you have the setting you want aply the changes you have made to all the other cams without messing up any other settings.
Load all txt files in notpad plus so you can click on each of them at the top.
find the line your after such as headcam highlight it and click ctrl F.
then click on another cam and do the same for each.
Takes 5 min to change settings on all the car cams and converting them back to xml.
Once you found the routine its pretty easy to do without making any mistakes.
If you need any help im happy to help you more.
Ive probly typed a load of stuff you dont need to here lol

What do I have to change in camera file to have that movement when I change shifts?
please help me

Only chase cams have this effect.

<Parameter name="gearUpDropBack" type="scalar" value="0.01" /> Distance
<Parameter name="gearUpDropBackOverallTime" type="scalar" value="0.050" /> Time to travel that distance
<Parameter name="gearUpDropBackInitialTime" type="scalar" value="0.200" /> Time to travel that distance

Note you can edit the distance just fine but if you edit the time it takes to travel it will be out of synk with the audio.

Hope this helps

Only chase cams have this effect.

<Parameter name="gearUpDropBack" type="scalar" value="0.01" /> Distance
<Parameter name="gearUpDropBackOverallTime" type="scalar" value="0.050" /> Time to travel that distance
<Parameter name="gearUpDropBackInitialTime" type="scalar" value="0.200" /> Time to travel that distance

Note you can edit the distance just fine but if you edit the time it takes to travel it will be out of synk with the audio.

Hope this helps

Thanks mate :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%