Resource icon

MGP15 Ultimate 2015 Physics Mod 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Here we go. Significant pace increase for QP performance and race performance now closer to QP times. We all know it just does not work 100% perfectly on every track. And we were forced to forget about matching real life lap times a LONG TIME AGO - before we ever started the mod. So, it was always about being challenged as the player. Milestone simply has too many holes and inconsistencies with their AI behavior for any given track. One would need a different DATA.MIX for every other track so to speak, where the AI has been adjusted for any given track, then you have to swap out the DATA.MIX constantly and how annoying would that be?? Already bugs me that we need 2 DATA.MIX files for the weather. In any case, the AI's aggression level has also been increased, which leads to more incidents (run offs, crashes) on certain tracks.

Now let me see your low 1:58:xxx at Sepang... 1:58:427 is my personal best so far and that was on a Suzi :rolleyes:

View attachment 103584
To help you with AI development I was able to do a 1:57.3 on a yam with a 1:56.9 as my theoretical pb times look much improved though :)

To help you with AI development I was able to do a 1:57.3 on a yam with a 1:56.9 as my theoretical pb times look much improved thoug
That is incredibly hard to believe and even if you post a screenshot I would have no way of telling whether you have any AIDS enabled and are truly playing on the highest settings, manual settings for everything, no corner cutting and penalties enabled...this mod simply does not work properly if you use auto brakes/auto-shifting etc. and man, even assuming you are being truthful, there is not much I can do, as any other change to the AI at this point now has brought about another problem turning into a clusterf*&^ of issues.
If you select career, I suggest not improving your bike, but what you mentioned in a previous post, the tire degradation alone would NEVER allow you to have a 25 second lead, especially not with 3 falls. The damage model has been adjusted as well, so 3 falls would have caused such damage that it would be impossible to do fast laps afterwards let alone ride at all. Even if you could theoretically do 1 second a lap faster than the AI (which is next to impossible during a race currently) you would experience tire issues to such a degree that you would be forced to slow down. Either way, you can believe me when I say, when this mod is properly installed, using the proper tyre catalog file and not mix and match files as you please, using no riding aids whatsoever, 1:56:xxx in Sepang in QP or keeping that up over a 50% race distance (a shorter race distance is not going to work properly either) is just not feasible.

Last edited:
Pleas i have no clue how to install this modification? i cant find a readme or something else. How to install this container?

Pleas i have no clue how to install this modification? i cant find a readme or something else. How to install this container?
on page one, in the WIP thread and somewhere else posted as well...but, here it is once again...

use mixfile remixer to EXTRACT your DATA.MIX file from your main MotoGP15 folder. Once extracted, you should have a folder named DATA on your desktop (that is where I would extract it to). Then you overwrite that DATA folder with the DATA folder that includes DRY WEATHER log. Once overwritten, use mixfile remixer to repack (CREATE NEW MIX FILE) that DATA folder on your desktop and select path to overwrite the original DATA.MIX in your MotoGP main folder. Make sure to select correct mix format SBK-X/V8. Restart the game and there you go. Use the Wet Weather DATA.MIX in case of rain and vice versa with the same procedure...

That is incredibly hard to believe and even if you post a screenshot I would have no way of telling whether you have any AIDS enabled and are truly playing on the highest settings, manual settings for everything, no corner cutting and penalties enabled...this mod simply does not work properly if you use auto brakes/auto-shifting etc. and man, even assuming you are being truthful, there is not much I can do, as any other change to the AI at this point now has brought about another problem turning into a clusterf*&^ of issues.
If you select career, I suggest not improving your bike, but what you mentioned in a previous post, the tire degradation alone would NEVER allow you to have a 25 second lead, especially not with 3 falls. The damage model has been adjusted as well, so 3 falls would have caused such damage that it would be impossible to do fast laps afterwards let alone ride at all. Even if you could theoretically do 1 second a lap faster than the AI (which is next to impossible during a race currently) you would experience tire issues to such a degree that you would be forced to slow down. Either way, you can believe me when I say, when this mod is properly installed, using the proper tyre catalog file and not mix and match files as you please, using no riding aids whatsoever, 1:56:xxx in Sepang in QP or keeping that up over a 50% race distance (a shorter race distance is not going to work properly either) is just not feasible.
This was not consistent but a PB I couldnt do this consistently also I would like you to check the video I posted here earlier as verification of what I can do as It is with the mod installed following your instructions exactly

I am getting to find this mod frustrating; However, this might well be because of how the bike is set up...

In the 'Default' status of the game, I can make pole and win every race on the calendar(MotoGP) with ease. NOTE: This is using the AI on the highest difficulty and no assists apart from Auto Tuck-In.

I have been using the same scenario while using this mod, and I have to say, the difficulty has risen to a level where it is near impossible for me to achieve a top ten time (This is using either the Factory Honda / Yamaha teams)...???
The best time I managed to set at Brno was a 1m53.1, which gave me 4th place in Practice (Using the factory Honda - Pedrosa) - How I managed to that time is beyond me, but the strange thing is, I simply cannot replicate the same time/s! ):

The mod is a superb addition to the game making it somewhat near perfection; However, it would be nice to have some sort of competitive time using front running riders, at the highest difficulty setting!

When I am in 'HARD' difficulty mode, the times are very close to that of the AI, however when in the race, I find that the AI simply aren't challenging enough - Which is why you have stated that it is best to use the highest difficulty setting...
Thing is, when I do, the AI are way too fast to compete with...

Would it be possible for someone to explain what sort of setup styles I should be using, because as other people have said, they are setting competitive lap times.

I've literally tried everything from short shifting / Wide corner entry etc, and nothing is working...

Please can someone help me with this...?

I am getting to find this mod frustrating; However, this might well be because of how the bike is set up...

In the 'Default' status of the game, I can make pole and win every race on the calendar(MotoGP) with ease. NOTE: This is using the AI on the highest difficulty and no assists apart from Auto Tuck-In.

I have been using the same scenario while using this mod, and I have to say, the difficulty has risen to a level where it is near impossible for me to achieve a top ten time (This is using either the Factory Honda / Yamaha teams)...???
The best time I managed to set at Brno was a 1m53.1, which gave me 4th place in Practice (Using the factory Honda - Pedrosa) - How I managed to that time is beyond me, but the strange thing is, I simply cannot replicate the same time/s! ):

The mod is a superb addition to the game making it somewhat near perfection; However, it would be nice to have some sort of competitive time using front running riders, at the highest difficulty setting!

When I am in 'HARD' difficulty mode, the times are very close to that of the AI, however when in the race, I find that the AI simply aren't challenging enough - Which is why you have stated that it is best to use the highest difficulty setting...
Thing is, when I do, the AI are way too fast to compete with...

Would it be possible for someone to explain what sort of setup styles I should be using, because as other people have said, they are setting competitive lap times.

I've literally tried everything from short shifting / Wide corner entry etc, and nothing is working...

Please can someone help me with this...?
I am truly sorry so many people are having trouble - though seemingly related solely to following instructions and reading what the mod actually is. Once again... this mod is not supposed to be played on anything other THAN THE HIGHEST SETTINGS FOR AI + PHYSICS IN THE GAME. ALSO NO AUTO SHIFT, NO AUTO BRAKE, NO IDEAL LINE, NO COMBINED BRAKING, NO AIDS!!!! THE MOD DOES NOT EVEN WORK ON LOWER SETTINGS MAN. So, when you thought you are doing well on lower levels, you were in fact not experiencing our mod at all. NONE OF MY ADJUSTMENTS ARE FEATURED IN LOWER DIFFICULTIES. I NEVER TOUCHED THOSE FILES. ONLY LEVEL 4 HAS BEEN EDITED.

Furthermore, I've heard people just mix and match files as they want, such as using our mod, but keeping Milerock's tyrecatalog - well, of course you will get issues. You need to play it the way it was instructed and use the ENTIRE MOD. I also mentioned how one has to adjust their riding style, etc. Most do not care about instructions, they just read a headline, download the mod and want to keep doing everything they used to do - somehow that mod is then still supposed to magically suit their needs.
This is a simulation mod, not an arcade mod. You say the AI are way too fast - that is the challenge. We are currently working on making them even faster without crashing - meaning you are too slow. That is totally fine, but just know that many riders and I myself have no trouble keeping the current pace. This is meant to be a truly lasting challenge. It is advisable to practice for a long time at first, playing on nothing but highest settings, otherwise this mod simply is not for you. You have to mess with setups, they are now a much bigger factor especially from bike to bike. But, everyone always ignores everything, just wants to play on their terms and then complain when things do not pan out. And that is the last time I am posting this, so please save yourselves the trouble of attacking again, just follow instructions peeps. Thanks!

Last edited:
After installing update 1.1 AI is much faster in Q but only slightly faster in race, 1;20 in Sachsenring Q and 1;21;5+ in race, they could be faster in races.

And for me AI crashing frequently after turn 9 in Sepang, idk it is bug or i installed something wrong.

Good job guys and keep going.

After installing update 1.1 AI is much faster in Q but only slightly faster in race, 1;20 in Sachsenring Q and 1;21;5+ in race, they could be faster in races.

And for me AI crashing frequently after turn 9 in Sepang, idk it is bug or i installed something wrong.

Good job guys and keep going.
Thanks man! We are trying to address this problem in Sepang, it never happens with the top 6 riders for me, but I have seen others crash frequently at that corner. It is due to the problem mentioned in a previous post. We are now dealing with a multitude of issues once you reach that kind of AI speed territory. We have to remind ourselves - on some tracks we are almost 4.5 seconds faster than Milestones stock game. Naturally, the AI starts to go bonkers when it hits a certain level. So, I am compensating for that by adjusting other values, which in turn causes other issues and therefore a satisfying balance has yet to be found...stay tuned and thanks again @malyboy!!

I am actually using the mod with auto tuck in and auto shifting so I can confirm it still works like that as long as you use pro physics. It still is a much better experience than the orinigal game. Did a race at Silverstone and qualified P10 with Rossi and barely managed to get up to 3rd in the end using the advantage of my harder rear tyre.

I am actually using the mod with auto tuck in and auto shifting so I can confirm it still works like that as long as you use pro physics. It still is a much better experience than the orinigal game. Did a race at Silverstone and qualified P10 with Rossi and barely managed to get up to 3rd in the end using the advantage of my harder rear tyre.
Thank you for this constructive feedback @Pascal Herbig !! Yes, auto-tuck in works, as I confirmed before, however, I would love for you to try manual shift as you will then get the full experience bro! You will have to deal with other factors and not to mention, you will be faster. At first not, but very quickly you will see the advantages of manual shift. Thanks again and stay tuned for further updates regarding AI and Physics...And currently Silverstone should have AI times under 2:00 minutes in QP. Not an easy feat. So, we now the challenge is there for sure, but the consistency on all tracks is missing. But, that is not the mod, that is due to the limitations Milestone imposed (inadvertently or not) on us. What is most annoying, only the "S" curves, especially the fast ones pose the biggest issue, the AI slows down too much even with major tweaks to their speed, but no such problem on the straights or medium speed corners. We will get it though, I am very confident.

Last edited:
Rkh, you should try to fix the traction problem. The shift between 1nd-2nd and 2nd-3rd gear is way too aggressive: I can't find a way to make it smooth, even releasing the throttle or shifting earlier don't change nothing.
I hope you will have a look.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: rkh
And currently Silverstone should have AI times under 2:00 minutes in QP. Not an easy feat. So, we now the challenge is there for sure, but the consistency on all tracks is missing. But, that is not the mod, that is due to the limitations Milestone imposed (inadvertently or not) on us. What is most annoying, only the "S" curves, especially the fast ones pose the biggest issue, the AI slows down too much even with major tweaks to their speed, but no such problem on the straights or medium speed corners. We will get it though, I am very confident.

Yeah, AI gets high 1:57 right now while I am in the mid to low 1:58 range. You are right they are a bit sluggish in the Maggots & Becketts parts but it is still an amazing challenge and the AI is really amazing in the lower classes aswell.

Yeah, AI gets high 1:57 right now while I am in the mid to low 1:58 range. You are right they are a bit sluggish in the Maggots & Becketts parts but it is still an amazing challenge and the AI is really amazing in the lower classes aswell.
yes, that is the cool thing, you'll get the increased AI speed for the lower classes as well. A more comprehensive physics mod might follow for Moto2 and Moto3 too (only the brake values have been adjusted so far), but for now I'd say it is ok enough. Hate to say it, but particularly Moto2 is very nicely realized by Milestone, I was shocked indeed. Gave it a little less braking power and feels very nice now. You'll get that rear wheel slide just like they do it in reality.
We are finishing our polishing on MotoGP Ultimate Mod. Just received new file from @JayS, so let's see where we can go from here. I cannot thank him enough for all his efforts!!

Rkh, you should try to fix the traction problem. The shift between 1nd-2nd and 2nd-3rd gear is way too aggressive: I can't find a way to make it smooth, even releasing the throttle or shifting earlier don't change nothing.
I hope you will have a look.
Thanks.
The new file I just received addresses a bunch of different things - I am very hopeful :ninja:

I am truly sorry so many people are having trouble - though seemingly related solely to following instructions and reading what the mod actually is. Once again... this mod is not supposed to be played on anything other THAN THE HIGHEST SETTINGS FOR AI + PHYSICS IN THE GAME. ALSO NO AUTO SHIFT, NO AUTO BRAKE, NO IDEAL LINE, NO COMBINED BRAKING, NO AIDS!!!! THE MOD DOES NOT EVEN WORK ON LOWER SETTINGS MAN. So, when you thought you are doing well on lower levels, you were in fact not experiencing our mod at all. NONE OF MY ADJUSTMENTS ARE FEATURED IN LOWER DIFFICULTIES. I NEVER TOUCHED THOSE FILES. ONLY LEVEL 4 HAS BEEN EDITED.

Furthermore, I've heard people just mix and match files as they want, such as using our mod, but keeping Milerock's tyrecatalog - well, of course you will get issues. You need to play it the way it was instructed and use the ENTIRE MOD. I also mentioned how one has to adjust their riding style, etc. Most do not care about instructions, they just read a headline, download the mod and want to keep doing everything they used to do - somehow that mod is then still supposed to magically suit their needs.
This is a simulation mod, not an arcade mod. You say the AI are way too fast - that is the challenge. We are currently working on making them even faster without crashing - meaning you are too slow. That is totally fine, but just know that many riders and I myself have no trouble keeping the current pace. This is meant to be a truly lasting challenge. It is advisable to practice for a long time at first, playing on nothing but highest settings, otherwise this mod simply is not for you. You have to mess with setups, they are now a much bigger factor especially from bike to bike. But, everyone always ignores everything, just wants to play on their terms and then complain when things do not pan out. And that is the last time I am posting this, so please save yourselves the trouble of attacking again, just follow instructions peeps. Thanks!

I'm sorry but I think you misinterpreted my post...
I am using the hardest difficulty - AI on Simulation / NO ASSISTS apart from Auto Tuck-In as you stated.
I have installed it as your instructions clearly state, with the alternate .BML's for Dry or Wet weather weekends.

I use everything on manual; That includes gears / Braking (Front & Rear separate) etc - So I AM on the hardest setting as you informed us to do...
But like I stated before, I did manage to do a good job at Brno by playing around with the setup and managed to qualify 4th on the grid as Pedrosa...So I guess it is possible ;)

I love the mod and you guys have done a great help with the game overall - What I was trying to ask is if you could provide some setup advice as a base to work with.

I will admit one thing however; I did assume it was also for the lower difficulties, and not only for the 'Simulation' level...(Even though that's what I have it on). I tried the 'Hard' level setting to see what the results were that's all.

Can you give me any tips on setup at all...?

Thanks for the mod BTW! ;)

Oh...and btw, is it at all possible to extend the practice session time at all...?
If I am going to experiment with setting up the bikes, I am going to need more time I think...:/

Oh...and btw, is it at all possible to extend the practice session time at all...?
If I am going to experiment with setting up the bikes, I am going to need more time I think...:/
Nope, not right at this point. Just hit F2 and restart session, or just practice in TIME ATTACK first.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back