1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Rookie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Paul Williams, May 12, 2016.

1. Hi All
    I've just created an account and looking to find out what this all about. I've always loved racing sims, I lost most of my childhood and teen years to the Grand Prix series. I'm looking to race people who really want to race, not have a mass pile up at turn 1. I'm guessing people on this site are like minded?

I own Project Cars and F1 2015 but recently purchased RFactor 2 which I'm loving. I much prefer the feel of the tyres compares to the other games. Not really tried AC. It's normally all about open wheels for me but I'm really enjoying the Civic and BTCC MOD Cars for RFactor 2. Also like the 90's F1 cars, do you have races with Modded cars or just official cars?

I think the way forward for me would be to practice with a single class or 2 of single seaters in order to be competitive. I've tried the Renault 3.5 and F1 but they were very tricky, but to be expected. The Indys were a bit more forgiving. I'd be happy to upgrade to Premium if required, can I compete in a race before doing so?
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi Paul and welcome to Race Department.:) Hope you enjoy your time here and find what you're looking for.
    Since you mentioned rFactor 2 then by checking here you can find out what events are coming up in that sim and also check out the Freemium member offer that is highlighted in the individual event threads. This gives you a couple of weeks to try out the race clubs for yourself. We cover a wide range of games and try here for all events coming soon. You can find the pCars club here.
    Don't let your pace stop you from entering the club races as they are friendly and have people at all speeds in them. Lastly if you like open wheelers them you should really give Automobilista a go.
    If you have any questions just ask on the forums plenty of people here to help.
  3. hi pal!

another uk noobie here!

i have pcars and asseto corsa