UK Riots

Ah either the police start getting hard or its gonna get worse and people will lose their lives. Brting in the army and use plastic bullets like they did in Ireland years ago. They have to show they are strong now not stand around letting people rob others.

its all going off because the police are to scared to react as they will get crucified by the media then find themselves in court. Unless the gov. give them permision to start cracking heads i can only see it getting worse and am starting to worry slightly as its went of in 2 places last night( though not as bad as it did in some places in london) just down the road from where i am.
it all started as said before because of the shooting, then some people saw it as an excuse to riot and loot, when nothing was done about that it spread as other youths though to themselves 'ill have some of that'

Police cant do nothing because of the do gooders and inventing rights and laws which allow you to launch items at riot police from point blank range and they have to stand there and do nothing.

Police cant do nothing and its not there fault. Its the pen pushers above them who have no idea what its like on the beat. Anybody blaming them needs to take a good look down from there high horse as these officers are normal people, with familys etc who have to put up with lifeless scum bags wanting to basically kill them.

I dont see anyone here blaming them adam.
Its silly allowing it to continue to just stand around because their hands are tied. We should have a strong government that allows the use of force is it is needed. It is at this moment needed, worse thing is when you look at who it is doing this you will see most are kids and will get away with it anyway. Quick slap on thew wrists if they get caught and thats about it.

I dont see anyone here blaming them adam.
Its silly allowing it to continue to just stand around because their hands are tied. We should have a strong government that allows the use of force is it is needed. It is at this moment needed, worse thing is when you look at who it is doing this you will see most are kids and will get away with it anyway. Quick slap on thew wrists if they get caught and thats about it.

Yeh I meant the morons on the news etc. Also your right they wont get nothing, and sounds extreme but this was probably a stepping stone for some of the kids to jump into crime. Need to stop the morons of this world from breeding in my opinion.

Well my sons just got some blackberry message about people in our area trying to do something. This is just stupid mate, i told him however if he steps foot outside the door and gets involved with anything i break his fing neck. I dont care what the police will or will not do in some respects as it strikes me as the parents seem to allow their kids out doing this.

If something is not done as i said before someone will die and that is a waste of a life over nothing in reality. People should not be confused with this shooting that went on because this rioting is nothing to do with it whatsoever. Get the army in now before its too late.

Well my sons just got some blackberry message about people in our area trying to do something. This is just stupid mate, i told him however if he steps foot outside the door and gets involved with anything i break his fing neck. I dont care what the police will or will not do in some respects as it strikes me as the parents seem to allow their kids out doing this.

If something is not done as i said before someone will die and that is a waste of a life over nothing in reality. People should not be confused with this shooting that went on because this rioting is nothing to do with it whatsoever. Get the army in now before its too late.

Someone died in hospital from a Gunshot while in his car in Croydon last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14462693

Someone died in hospital from a Gunshot while in his car in Croydon last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14462693

Surely this alone should be a reason to use more force, plastic rounds etc whatever. To me it seems they are not using force because of what happened to the guy in London that was pushed over, the Olympics and the fact it apparently began with voilence, not that it has anything to actually do with what is happening now.

I live in Edmonton/Enfield Area, So i'm not too far from where it all started from in Tottenham but nothing has really happened in my Area except on main roads and into Enfield (Southbury Retail Park) and a few shops looted in Edmonton on Sunday Evening and the Sony Factory destroyed last night.

It shows you something here in this forum really. Forums do not like political chatter cause it always ends in a fight. Its a good thread here and none of that fighting here, and to me it shows something not only is it nothing to do with political views but also the general public are not impressed. In fact the only ones impressed are the thick headed neanderthals going out causing this trouble. Cause its fun to show your mates what a prat you have been. Wonder how they will feel about it when they wanna show their grandkids what morons they were.

Its quite reminicent of the footbal violence in the 70s and 80s, you see those people on tv now and again now and they feel ashamed of how they acted. Thing is whan someone is dead being sorry does not cut it. Murder is what it is or will be nothing else, to put more wood on the fire from my point of view the Death Penalty is going to have a review soon and people will remember these actions. maybe we will see it reintroduced but until then get those plastic bullets out and start bringing those trouble makers down now. Bang them up and throw the key away as they do not belong in society

i've been watching BBC live stream and guardian live blog last night. I can't believe those people over there have such a disregard for human life. Terrorizing decent people and ruining their livelihoods. Just sickening how these people can destroy their own community.

One woman was on the phone with the BBC saying she “Woke up and a man was standing over her, he said “Hey, she’s awake, everybody grab and run”

I've been blogging about this on tumblr for a good amount of time. It's kind of made me a bit more popular :D

glad to see that there's a community clean up effort going underway. happy to know that they care about the community they live and work in.

I really wish the police could do more. Start beating them. Subdue them. Show some force and make them scatter, the rioters are cowards.

after all of the destruction i saw, this is pretty uplifting: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixel-eight/6024429000/in/photostream/

Nick I think it boils down to knowing wrong from right that bonds us here in this thread. Regardless of the circumstances of the young man who was shot by police - an all reports seem to indicate they had good reason to believe he was armed it is wrong to steal plain and simple. This looting and ransacking of shopping centre's has nothing to do with the excuses being trotted out by the liberals out there about disenfranchised youths struggling with inequality its law breaking and thats the bottom line. It may not be trendy among some circles but I was brought up to respect the police, I'm sometimes dissapointed but I respect the tough job they have now and the restraint being shown, I don't think I could show such self restraint.

With the police being stretched by riots now across the UK (including some reports we may get riots here in Cardiff tonight) I agreed at first with the idea of using the armed forces to help bring a little discipline to the streets but the more I think about it the more I wouldn't wish it upon them. Its not enough that thanks to the last government they are stretched to breaking point fighting on two fronts. Its not just the frontline troops but the support structure here that also bears the brunt so they deserve any rest they can get.

What happens if we do put troops on the streets? they are not necessarily trained to contain crowds like the police so the moment one of them is caught up in a situation and a civilian gets hurt they could end up in court on some sort of assualt charge thanks to the ridiculous abuse of the human rights laws by the ambulance chasers out there who want to make a quick buck. So serving their country is not enough, we ask them to give even more and run the risk of their career being ended by some idiot hell bent on causing trouble? I wouldn't ask them to do that, would any of you?

Something I heard on BBC Radio 1 news today from a teenager:

That's what we know. We are broke. When we wake up, this is our way to get a bit of money. Other people, stuck-up people, don't see it our way.

Says it all really. I got several friends and family in London and some in places that have been targeted, so I'm hoping they will be Ok and all this is sorted out quickly.

Surely this alone should be a reason to use more force, plastic rounds etc whatever. To me it seems they are not using force because of what happened to the guy in London that was pushed over, the Olympics and the fact it apparently began with voilence, not that it has anything to actually do with what is happening now.
Just because of the Olympics they should show they can use force. If the police can't stop these idiots it's clear there's no control. So ring up the army. Use curfew in the areas where it has gone so bad.
use the army so after 10pm no one can leave or enter the zones. If the violence then moves to other parts, lock those parts as well.

If some countries don't want the Olympics in London anymore after it's going fine there these countries are just stupid imo.

Also this whole thing is NOT about some stupid olympic game. This is about people whose life is being ruined by uneducated morons.
If the government etc want to ruin peoples life because of the Olympics, the don't serve the people. While a government is meant and chosen to serve the people.

Just because of the Olympics they should show they can use force. If the police can't stop these idiots it's clear there's no control. So ring up the army. Use curfew in the areas where it has gone so bad.
use the army so after 10pm no one can leave or enter the zones. If the violence then moves to other parts, lock those parts as well.

If some countries don't want the Olympics in London anymore after it's going fine there these countries are just stupid imo.

Also this whole thing is NOT about some stupid olympic game. This is about people whose life is being ruined by uneducated morons.
If the government etc want to ruin peoples life because of the Olympics, the don't serve the people. While a government is meant and chosen to serve the people.

You have mis read everything that I have said, or just refused to read it properly. Now I know why I dont bother posting on the forums because idiots just confuse me.

Something I heard on BBC Radio 1 news today from a teenager:

Says it all really. I got several friends and family in London and some in places that have been targeted, so I'm hoping they will be Ok and all this is sorted out quickly.

What an insult to anyone with a brain. When i was young like that there were no jobs, it was damned hard but i never went out taking other peoples stuff i walked around every industrial estate in our area and got a job. People like that need somoe serious help if they think this is acceptable. The UK is indeed in a sorry state, as an employer of over 30 staff i can tell you most dont want to work. they shout about 16 hours so they can still get their benefits, well i say sod that for a laugh and make them work for a living. I am totally sick of people living off the hard working people of this country which seems to be now a minority.

Aint got money then work, cant find a job then move its what i did

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back