UK Riots

Chris Butcher

Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion
Sad sad times.

Started in London, now it's in Liverpool and Birmingham. Looks like it's going through all the major UK cities. I wonder how long before it hits Leeds.

My thoughts go out to all these victims of this pointless violence and looting.

A few days ago, police killed some guy that pulled a gun out, in what they called a "planned operation". They pulled over a minicab that contained some suspect. The full story hasn't been released but it ended up with the guy dead, and a police officer shot.

In London, they started torching buildings, looting shops and burning them down. They torched a bus too. It's also spread to other UK cities.

Edit @ 02:05: Moved to Manchester and Bristol too.

This screenshot is a Sony Distribution center on fire. Terrible that these scumbags are just targeting the innocent.

bbcnewscap.png

Dont believe the stories that this is a political riot... it is just simply thiefs and scum out to rob. As simply as that kids, teenagers etc out to rob.

Mindless, pointless and lifeless scum bags ruining peoples lifes.

I guess I should be grateful I'm in the U.S.A. because most people in the nation riot the least of perhaps all other nations. Sure, we don't have free health care, a good education system, or a government that cares about us, we maintain our civility; though the Tea Party ruins our image, most of us Americans are reasonable enough to maintain peace inside our borders, plus we are too wealthy to care.

EDIT - I don't mean to be uppity towards anyone of a different nationality.

Mohammed - it isn't political. It isn't about the government not caring. It isn't as if the UK is 3rd world or anything.

It's about a shooting involving the police in London. There was a peaceful protest which turned violent, and now some minority groups are taking advantage of this, and running wild. Nothing to do with politics.

When i heard about the "justification" for these riots, it kinda reminded me of serveral episodes of the simpsons where they show the "begining" of a massive brawl (ie, lenny spills beer on moe, Moe takes swing at Lenney and hits Comic book guy, and then full on brawl starts for some reason lol). The end result just doesnt seem to fit the initial activity, and I cant find any sensible human reasoning behind it all. It really just doesnt make sense why they are doing this. I suspect, that not to far into the future, that this will be studied a lot in University Psycology classes.

Police have no control in London once it has all kicked off as it started in Hackney last night and considering i live in North London, I'm wary of whats gonna happen tonight.

And look at this dude.

The bit thats worrying about that video is that they are laughing in the background. They think this is funny. A joke. This is really just a bunch of idiots using an excuse to be idiots because everyone else is acting like idiots.

most of us Americans are reasonable enough to maintain peace inside our borders, plus we are too wealthy to care.
Yes inside the borders :) Outside the borders the US does a pretty good job rioting. On a serious note, riots happen in all countries also in the USA. Rodney King anybody?

It are just uneducated scumbags that are always angry at the rest of the world not giving them any chances. They never conclude that they should create their own chances in life.

Let hope this fades away soon and not spread any further. Especially not to Northern Ireland etc Before you know it some kind of God is involved and the **** hits the fan again.

I guess I should be grateful I'm in the U.S.A. because most people in the nation riot the least of perhaps all other nations. Sure, we don't have free health care, a good education system, or a government that cares about us, we maintain our civility; though the Tea Party ruins our image, most of us Americans are reasonable enough to maintain peace inside our borders, plus we are too wealthy to care.

EDIT - I don't mean to be uppity towards anyone of a different nationality.

I think your forgetting the LA riots are you not? So the police use a black mans head as a football and then LA people go nuts and riot. You forget the countless black rights riots in the sixties with the KKK and anti blacks. It can happen anywhere but this is not about political things this is about a chance for morons to cause as much damage as they can. UK is no different from anywhere in the world because we too have fools who think this sort of thing is funny.

Riots happen in america too. They dont happen often in England, but im sure its at least as common as they are in the US. It can happen in any country, just this particular one has probably the worst reasoning behind it that i can remember....im sure the people who started it had some sort of reason, but the people who joined in have no excuse. Just idiots seizing the opportunity to be idiots. Though i suppose thats how all riots happen.

Ludicrous.

Stealing from Poundland of all paces. How low can it get? I can't believe buildings are getting torched with people still in them. These people should also get done for attempted murder, because that is essentially what it is.

Apparently, last night, someone got shot in the face, in one of the more deprived areas of Leeds.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back