Uk and Australian wheel users

I was wondering, and this goes for any other Country that frequents here that uses right hand driving, we drive on the left hand side over the here. My question to you is ........ when you are sim racing, most of the cars we drive are Left hand drive so If you use a shifter, which side do you have it mounted? I currently have my set up for right hand drive but I know it's personal preference but to me that feels natural but when you are simming in a left hand drive vehicle, maybe I should have it on the other side. What are your thoughts cheers

I drive however the car is intended. Left/Right/Paddles. I have no preference and I feel I'm comfortable with the feel of how close you are to the wall/track edge on either side of the car, but that may be experience based.

Upvote 0
I drive however the car is intended. Left/Right/Paddles. I have no preference and I feel I'm comfortable with the feel of how close you are to the wall/track edge on either side of the car, but that may be experience based.
Hi Gary, I was thinking more about people that use shifters whether they have it for rhd or lhd.

Upvote 0
I always leave my shifter on the left hand side.
That still feels ok to me even if the virtual car is LHD, but more importantly, my SimRacing setup isn't too flexible for constantly swapping the shifter.

Upvote 0
If you look at some old LMP or Group C cars, they were right hand drive with the shifter on the right. Or you have cars like Radicals where the shifter is in the middle and the seat and steering go on either side depending.
My sequential is on the right, but that's because the Porsche Cup cars have it there...

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years