• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uh-oh. Need Equipment Help

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Carl Abrams II, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Carl Abrams II

Carl Abrams II

Ratings:
    +24
    Suddenly, my pedals have been acting up. The brake is fine, but the throttle "jumps around". I've unplugged it, re-calibrated, nothing works. When I depress it, instead of a steady climb from 0% to 100%, it jumps all over the place, up to +/- 30% of where it actually should be. Holding partial throttle through corners, or, worse, holding pit road speed, is maddeningly frustrating.

Any suggestions on what could cause this? It's a Logi MOMO if that matters. I've never had problems, haven't dropped it, don't beat on it. Literally nothing has changed since it worked perfectly. Please help =(

2. Charles Huffstetler

Charles Huffstetler

Ratings:
    +52
    Dirty potenimeter..

3. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen

Ratings:
    +856
    I used this to spray some of the pedal's mechanisms: the actual sprockets under the pedal and the little cilinder next to it just about the base. I have a G27 though, but the principle might be the same. The parts I'm talking about are visible under the clutch pedal here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have a sprayer with straw, you don't need to dismantle your pedals.

4. Joao Borges

Joao Borges
    Premium

Ratings:
    +152
    I have had to open up my G25 pedals twice already due to dust accumulating on the pedals. My brake was acting on its own, so I was accelarating and braking at the same time. Open the pedals up, and use a sprayer (compressed air). If you had a G25, I could put a tutorial here, but since it's a different wheel, I have no clue on how to open the pedals or anything.

5. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen

Ratings:
    +856
    You don't need to actually open it up and break the warranty. I merely put the straw in the right direction and sprayed the hell out of the potentiometer. Depress the pedals a couple of times and you're fixed again.

6. Joao Borges

Joao Borges
    Premium

Ratings:
    +152
    Mine is already out of warranty, so I did it anyways. :) I was a little concerned at first, whether it would work, but it really works. The pedals feel like new after giving them a full cleaning.

7. Carl Abrams II

Carl Abrams II

Ratings:
    +24
    Excellent news, gents. This is an eBay special, so no warranty to worry about. I'll get right on it. I'm so dumb with electronics, I usually shake them until I get frustrated, then shoot them with my .44. Thanks for saving me $300!!

EDIT: 60 minutes later, and I'm back better than ever. Seriously, thanks again. That was pretty painless :)