1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UABE/UAE behaving weirdly when trying to replace textures

Discussion in 'My Summer Car' started by BrazilianHooker, Apr 16, 2017.

1. BrazilianHooker

BrazilianHooker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

First post here, and as is the tradition, I come to you with a problem.

I'm trying to install this mod http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/starter-pack-no-rust-engine-subframe-kicker-subs.13871/ to refresh my Satsuma a bit, but every time I try to save the sharedassets3 with UABE, it saves it, then asks me to save sharedassets1 for some reason and when I open up sharedassets3 again, the textures that I imported into it are completely gone from the file.

I tried using UAE as well, but all it does is throw an error when I import from DDS (files are in a folder named "sharedassets1" and "sharedassets3" for the respective files) and nothing changes.

Am I just being an idiot or is something actually wrong here?

Thanks for your help!

2. CrazyOldGamer

CrazyOldGamer

Ratings:
    +2
    If your opening assets and your changes aren't there, then it never saved or has saved as a double. Make sure UABE hasn't saved more than 1 file with the same name. Doesn't seem possible but it's does. Might have better luck using unity assets explorer instead of extractor.

3. BrazilianHooker

BrazilianHooker

Ratings:
    +0
    Like I said in the first post, both UABE and UAE are fucking up and I don't get why. It's not just UABE

4. BrazilianHooker

BrazilianHooker

Ratings:
    +0
    double posted by accident, ignore this