Tyres

Hi guys i have a problem. I extracted the files from data.acd but when i go to open the file tyres.ini is written the Chinese type. How to solve? Thanks :)
Try to open it with Notepad++ (very good program for opening any types of ini, lut, source code etc!)
If you still see "kaudawelsch" (chinese) then the decryption wasn't successful :(

I think it only happens on some cars, but I just avoid those cars, which doesn't help you.

On a side note if you want your car to have more or less grip simply change the width of the tyres.
Nothing in these statements are correct.

In AC, tyre width (or diameter which also would influence contact patch size) makes any difference to 'grip', they are simply used to make the skid mark texture the correct size.

Anyway, no need to be extracting any of Kunos' files for tyres, since most are readily available in the Dev folder for you to use.

In AC, tyre width (or diameter which also would influence contact patch size) makes any difference to 'grip', they are simply used to make the skid mark texture the correct size.

Hmm, I must be imagining it then, I changed the tyre widths and the got much better lap times, will take another look thanks. You are right, it must have given me more confidence.

Anyway, no need to be extracting any of Kunos' files for tyres, since most are readily available in the Dev folder for you to use.

To use the tyre files you need to extract the data.acd file and make a data directory, but for some reason people are complaining the newer ones use different encryption as all the data in the files is corrupted.

Last edited:
Hmm, I must be imagining it then, I changed the tyre widths and the got much better lap times, will take another look thanks.

To use the tyre files you need to extract the data.acd file and make a data directory, but for some reason the newer ones seem to use different encryption as all the files are unreadable.

I can't check right now, but you do not need to decrypt the data.acd's to get to the tyre files, they are made public in the DEV section of the assettocorsa folder.

And yes you are definitely feeling the full effects of the placebo regarding tyre widths...

They may be public but how do you use them if the data.acd files are all corrupted in the extraction process?

Because you're not supposed to be extracting them at all, the tyres that are made public can be used without extracting anything. You just paste them into your data folder and it all works fine.

If you're trying to modify tyres for Kunos cars rather than your own mod, then I can't help you there.

Because you're not supposed to be extracting them at all, the tyres that are made public can be used without extracting anything. You just paste them into your data folder and it all works fine.

We are talking about different things, if you take a car, that only has the compressed data.acd file and no data folder you need to extract the data.acd file to make the data folder. Extracting the compressed data file to make the data folder is where the OP is screwing up.

Last edited:
We are talking about different things, if you take a car, that only has the compressed data.acd file and no data folder you need to extract the data.acd file to make the data folder. Extracting the compressed data file to make the data folder is where the OP is screwing up.

Cars which only have a data.acd are encrypted for a reason. There should be no need to be messing with those files.

If you want to mess with tyres for your own mods, then the files are public and you are welcome to do so. If you want to mess with tyres on Kunos cars, then you'll have to figure it out yourself.

Cars which only have a data.acd are encrypted for a reason. There should be no need to be messing with those files.

But to me that's a red rag to a bull, it makes me more determined to see what they are hiding in there.

But seriously the tyre files are so convoluted all I can do is swap tyres from one car to another, like from version 7 to version 10 that's why I like to decrypt them.

And I suspect that the OP didn't follow the instructions in quickbms where the folder name of the car is the encryption key, change that and it messes all the files up.

But to me that's a red rag to a bull, it makes me more determined to see what they are hiding in there.
It's just part of licensing negotiation, they say "data you give us will be encrypted" and manufacturers agree to give them more. Mess with that and you'll just end up with future official content working with less real data.

Tires in particular are not really part of it (hence being available in a folder) I guess it lags a bit behind official release so Aris can edit out all the swearing comments when a car refuses to drive well on reasonable tires.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 177 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.4%