• Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres consumption

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by sciffo, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    In my opinion the tyres' consumption is too high (in particular supsoft/soft/medium)! Anyone knows which is (are) the file(s) that contain the consumption's rules?
    I think is the one (called compounds) in the "cars" folder...but since it's a .dat file I don't know how to modify it!
    Any suggestion? Thank you in advance!

2. Try this: Using Ryder's database editor, open up the database, scroll down to track_model and select it, scroll right in the opened table until you see tyre_wear_level (it's almost completely to the right). Change the numbers to 1 I think.

First thing I did was change Montreal's tyre wear to 3 because the AI was suggesting an impossible pit strategy with the default setting (options - prime - prime - prime - prime, we don't even get 4 sets of primes for the race, where was that 4th set coming from?).

See if it works for you :)

3. I think the main problem is your driving because I have no problems with tyres. I can even drive Canada 50 or 100% with 2 stops.

4. Dont change it to 1 .
    It will increase the wear on the tires even more.
    The lowest tire wear will be 3. ( -0.1)

5. ah ok, I'll try in a few minutes!
    Thank you all ;)

6. Hmm, when I changed it to 3, the tyres were suggested to last less laps (post-patch). Some images:

When it's on 1 (Montreal, 100%): wear1.jpg wear1-1.jpg

When it's on 3 (Montreal, 100%): wear3.jpg wear3-1.jpg

7. With -0,9 the supsoft consumption is almost 0...after 3 (q3) laps the condition is 99%...instead of 93% (on average)...
    I'm going to try -0,3...i think it's much more realistic...but maybe -0,2 is the best value...

8. I confirm (I've made some tests in particular with Hungaroring circuit): value set to 1 produce an higher tyre's consumption...(e.g. Monza)...
    value se to 3 produce the lowest consumption...

9. That's confusing. On my game Monza has low tyre wear and has a '1' under the tire_wear_level table in my database (which is in the track model table).

Edit: I downloaded the patch again to get a fresh database, it still says '1' under the tire_wear_level. Are you looking at the track_tyre_wear_level in the left column? I'm not looking there, I'm looking under track_model

10. The value you found inside the track_model refers to one of the 3 id contained in the track_tyre_wear_level...
    the higher the value inside the track_tyre_wear_level, the higher the consumption. For example 3 laps (supsoft) with a value of 0 in Hungaroring leads to 93/94% of tyres...3 laps with a value of -0,9 leads to 99% residual tyres. OK?