Tyre temps

When I race in AC, I have only one "app" of the countless ones open and that is the tyres one, showing temps and wear etc.

One thing I have noticed is how long it takes a tyre to cool down if you overheat with a spin or if you are going through gravel and spin it for a second.

For me it does seem to take an age for them to cool down. I understand why this is done and that is a fairly real part of simulation. And it is very tricky when you do it as if it is a rear tyre, that tyre then has a massive grip drop off until it comes back into green state or into a better temp zone.

My question is, is the time it takes for the tyre to recover fairly realistic? As you see this sort of thing happen in real cars a lot and the drivers seem to be able to get on it fairly quickly, if you are at Spa or something it can take a half or three quarters of a lap for it to cool in AC?

what you need to remember is the ground is not the only heat source for the tires, the brakes help to heat the core of the wheel and tire so cooking the tires can be a bad thing if the tires are up to temp as they need to dissipate heat from the core as well and a track with a lot of bends can be a bad thing if the tires are over heating as it will take longer to cool down.

Agreed

I raced a GT3 race at Zandvoort last night, and man the outside left tyres were tortured.

Didn't help that the server only allowed soft tyres,

Is there any way you can do like you did on RF and fit different tyres to a wheel, so at somewhere like Thruxton you would drop a hard front and rear on the left side and perhaps the inside rear, and a soft right front?

what you need to remember is the ground is not the only heat source for the tires, the brakes help to heat the core of the wheel and tire so cooking the tires can be a bad thing if the tires are up to temp as they need to dissipate heat from the core as well and a track with a lot of bends can be a bad thing if the tires are over heating as it will take longer to cool down.
I don't think AC consider the heat from the brake for what concern the tyre temp. In real life it works like that, but in AC most of the cars don't even have the brake temps and so they didn't implement this feature (and i doubt they will).

Responding to the OP, during a spin your tyre overheat. What happen next is that you will keep racing, trying to let the tyre lose some temp. The problem is that you are still racing and going quite fast and the tyre has lost a lot of grip (because of the temp and the pressure) and will slide often, so it will take at least an entire lap (or more) to get to normal temp and then it will take some time to get to normal pressure.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back